Shai and Caz

NO PASSPORT .

14 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

hello Vj friends ..

is it possible that i could still go on with my process even though my fiance doesnt have his passport..?i just got my case number.and the dfa texted him that his will be delayed for 2 weeks...too long to wait ..should we call the us embassy ask for help?

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

There's nothing the US Embassy can do to expedite the beneficiary's passport. That's the jurisdiction of the DFA.

Without the Philippine passport, the beneficiary cannot do the medical and interview.

Timeline

You can't do anything else without the passport. To even do the DS-160 you will need to passport number, date issued and other information. You will also need it for medical. How long has the petition been with the embassy? Looks like you're at a waiting game.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

what do u mean try to another location??u mean apply for another passport?

Sorry, discard my suggestion.

Timeline

You can't do anything else without the passport. To even do the DS-160 you will need to passport number, date issued and other information. You will also need it for medical. How long has the petition been with the embassy? Looks like you're at a waiting game.

i just got my case number thou. the thing is he doesnt have his passport yet..so i guess we have to wait for the passport before we can proceed.

Timeline

i just got my case number thou. the thing is he doesnt have his passport yet..so i guess we have to wait for the passport before we can proceed.

Sorry there really is no other way to proceed without it because you need information off it for the rest of the journey.

Just curious if the beneficiary knows he/she will be leaving the country, isn't it kind of late in the game to be applying for a passport? I'm sure there must be extenuating circumstances.

IR-1/CR-1 Visa
Service Center : Vermont Service Center
Consulate : Manila, Philippines
Marriage (if applicable): 2014-05-17
I-130 Sent : 2014-06-23
I-130 NOA1 : 2014-06-25
I-130 RFE : 2014-08-11 (Wanted NSO Marriage Certificate, not LCR)
I-130 RFE Sent : 2014-08-14
I-130 Approved : 2014-08-27
NVC Received : 2014-09-15
Received DS-261 / AOS Bill : 2014-09-17
Pay AOS Bill : 2014-09-17
Submit DS-261 : 2014-09-17
Send AOS Package : 2014-09-19
Receive IV Bill : 2014-10-03
Pay IV Bill : 2014-10-03
Received Interview Letter by E-mail: 2015-03-20 (May 5, 2015)
SLEC completed: 2015-04-22
Visa Approved: 2015-05-05
Visa Issued: 2015-05-15 (221g for no CENOMAR!)

Visa Received: 2015-05-21

POE: Chicago 2015-09-14

GC Received: 2015-11-17

Timeline

Just curious if the beneficiary knows he/she will be leaving the country, isn't it kind of late in the game to be applying for a passport? I'm sure there must be extenuating circumstances.

lol he knew about it.we talked about it for years but we didnt really think about it not until i filed my application 2months ago..he applied middle june but something came up wth his NBI that he has come 3 weeks. he's supposed to get hs passport yesterday but again he has to wait 2weeks!!:(

lol he knew about it.we talked about it for years but we didnt really think about it not until i filed my application 2months ago..he applied middle june but something came up wth his NBI that he has come 3 weeks. he's supposed to get hs passport yesterday but again he has to wait 2weeks!!:(

Timeline

We are on the same boat. We knew he will join me in US but never thought of applying for passport before.. So we made appointment for dfa manila aseana but the earliest we got is sept 11, but i just filed my petition last wk of July.

Sorry to say but you cannot proceed with the application right now without the passport.. Tell your fiance to follow up his passport even everyday. Call dfa.

DFA is upgrading their system and they have a huge backlog that makes everything delayed..

AOS Journey

1/31/16 - Got married

2/24/16 - AOS, EAD, AP packet sent

2/29/16 - Received Date

3/03/16 - Received text and email notification

3/04/16 - Check cashed

3/07/16 - I-797 hardcopy received

3/19/16 - Biometric scheduled received by mail

4/06/16 - I-485 online status changed to Ready to be Scheduled for Interview

4/15/16 - I-485 online status changed to INTERVIEW SCHEDULED

4/17/16 - Interview Notice hardcopy received

4/28/16 - AP & EAD approval date

5/02/16 - AP approval letter received

5/05/16 - EAD card received

5/17/16 - AOS interview

5/23/16 - Online status changed to CASE APPROVE dated 5/18/16

5/23/16 - Received AOS approval letter in the mail

5/23/16 - Online status changed to CARD WAS MAILED TO ME

5/24/16 - Card was picked-up by USPS (online status)

5/26/16 - Green Card on Hand!!! :goofy:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.