emc0817

Got the MNL case #, whats next?

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello guys,

Ok, I got the mnl case number from the NVC just today on the phone after 30 days of waiting. since i got it, i went to the ceac website and type in my mnl case # and it says READY. my question is, what does she need for her to be able to get an appointment for interview? does she need the letter from the NVC which i didnt get it yet because i was just told that instead of waiting for the NVC letter, i should just call them up and ask for the MNL#. any idea what shell be needing before calling or attending the interview? for sure she has to get check up and thats all i know....

help....

thanks,

Timeline

Hello guys,

Ok, I got the mnl case number from the NVC just today on the phone after 30 days of waiting. since i got it, i went to the ceac website and type in my mnl case # and it says READY. my question is, what does she need for her to be able to get an appointment for interview? does she need the letter from the NVC which i didnt get it yet because i was just told that instead of waiting for the NVC letter, i should just call them up and ask for the MNL#. any idea what shell be needing before calling or attending the interview? for sure she has to get check up and thats all i know....

help....

thanks,

Is this for K1?

Check this site.

http://photos.state.gov/libraries/manila/325288/packets/K1%20and%20K2%20Interview%20Preparation%20Instructions%20-%20English%20_10%20October%202013_.pdf

This is basically the software version of the packet. It's the list of what you need to accomplish. Although, I'm not sure if it's updated. From what I know, the MRV fee is now $245. In that link, it's still $240.

You need the MRV fee receipt and the case # for scheduling the interview. You will need to sign up to the site, I attached a screenshot of the site post-172856-0-49518200-1437601713_thumb.png. Fill out the needed infos(Ready the passport info, address, phone numbers, mnl case #... etc)

Try to check it out

Edited by Annedaly

Timeline

@ Annedaly,

Yes its for K-1 Visa.

Ok i will go ahead and check it out see.

so just fill it up and thats it? whats next after that?

thank you :D

From some nice friends here on VJ//.....

http://visaconnection-philippines.com/

http://dennyeyberg.wix.com/filipino-am-visa

Timeline

@ Annedaly,

Yes its for K-1 Visa.

Ok i will go ahead and check it out see.

so just fill it up and thats it? whats next after that?

thank you :D

Accomplish all the papers on the list(from the link I sent you):

fill out the d-260 form(if I am not mistaken) online then print the first page(don't worry there are instructions) Cenomar,

nbi clearance,

birth certificate of the benefeciary,

passport of the benefeciary,

affidavit of support papers(itr's and w2's for the past 3 years, the filled out 1-34 forms which the petitioner need to sign),

proof of ongoing relationship(photos, skype messages or whatever media you two use, remittance papers, gift receipts, travel records to the philippines...etc)

also bring the copy of 129f packet that you sent(just in case)

I might have missed out some stuff so just please re-check.

Then pay for the MRV fee in BPI or thru Bancnet.

There are instructions of their website. Please just follow that.

Don't forget to keep the original and make a copy of the receipt.

You will need that in the interview.

If you pay before 3 pm, wait for 4 hours the same day before you can schedule.

That's just their protocol. If you pay passed 3, then you can only schedule the next morning.

Once you get an interview date, you can now wait to do the medical which is in St. Lukes.

The advisable date for the medical is a week before the interview.

Go to St. Lukes extension clinic website and register online.

This is another filling of forms.

Online registration is good so you dont have to manually input everything there in St Lukes.

They have a website so just check the instructions.

Of course, there will be documents that you need to bring.

Mainly, passpost and the NVC letter. Of course, there are others but just check it there.

You will need to pay around 11,000php(the updated fee is in the website) in St Lukes..

So:

Accomplish documents,

schedule interview,

Finish medical

then interview.

I wish you the best for the two of you!

Edited by Annedaly

Timeline

Thank you Shauneg! that was very helpful webiste. i shall use that as my guidelines and double check all my works.

Thank you Annedaly!! Yes i will follow and pass these along to my fiance that way she can have an idea too.

thank you very much. really appreciated! :D it was very helpful!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.