Stephen&Dawn

South Africa Help..

12 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: South Africa
Timeline

Hi I am currently in South Africa living with my finance Stephen.. I am looking to make SA my home..I usually leave the country and go home to Florida every 90 days and then re enter the country here, however I am hearing the rules have changed and restrictions are being placed on foreigners..

Is there anyone who is currently in SA, or is going through the marriage process, this is definitely an option to keep me here, however I heard this is a nightmare in its self.. I would love to talk to others.. I am a nervous depressed mess right now..

I am currently waiting outcome on VFS, should be any day now, for my visa extension, but I heard everyone is being denied.. If you love someone why cant u just be with that person,..thanks

:(

Hey, I feel you. My husband and I wanted to live in SA, we moved back from USA in November, we had an appointment with VFS in December and we were denied because my husband had been arrested some years ago for possession of cannabis. Anyway, we were both shattered because we wanted to live in SA. He had to go back overseas alone because I had no way of going back.

So now we just waiting for approval.

In your case, however, you are already living in SA, so yours will be very different, I'm pretty sure you will get approved. Especially since its your fiancé.. How long have you guys been in SA together?

Timeline

Hi..ive been here since jan..on my 90 day pass.. I had to leave in april for a few weeks..I love it here..Steve and I went to CapeTown last week, to get him a visa to come to Florida for thanksgiving..but he was denied..I met him while he was working in a private club in Florida...I was his personal banker at the local bank..now im here in SA..

a friend of mine, just was declined and said its getting tougher to stay and re enter..ive planned on leaving to go to Florida to visit and then come back a few weeks later..but I heard thats not the case..

Im trying to get some advice..before im forced to leave, so I know how to start the process,.Since Steve cant leave, if I get married here in SA, what are my next steps, etc...

thanks, for answering, I think u will be a great support friend, hugs Dawn

Ok, how long have you guys been together?

I think getting married is the safest bet here, once married, you will have your VISA and will be able to travel as you wish, and actually be able to secure employment.

What are you doing right now for work?

Timeline

Hi hun..

I am not employed..I have inheritence that I get monthly.. do u know anyone who is going thru the visa process to come/stay in SA..

We would have to get married here in SA..since steve cant leave..would I need to leave right away and go to us to file paperwork?

I dont want to make any wrong decisions. .hoping to meet with an attorney next week to get some clarification. .xx

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Welcome to the forum.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Welcome to the forum.

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Hi hun..

I am not employed..I have inheritence that I get monthly.. do u know anyone who is going thru the visa process to come/stay in SA..

We would have to get married here in SA..since steve cant leave..would I need to leave right away and go to us to file paperwork?

I dont want to make any wrong decisions. .hoping to meet with an attorney next week to get some clarification. .xx

Have you booked a meeting with an attorney? Which city in South Africa are you in?

Hi I am currently in South Africa living with my finance Stephen.. I am looking to make SA my home..I usually leave the country and go home to Florida every 90 days and then re enter the country here, however I am hearing the rules have changed and restrictions are being placed on foreigners..

Is there anyone who is currently in SA, or is going through the marriage process, this is definitely an option to keep me here, however I heard this is a nightmare in its self.. I would love to talk to others.. I am a nervous depressed mess right now..

I am currently waiting outcome on VFS, should be any day now, for my visa extension, but I heard everyone is being denied.. If you love someone why cant u just be with that person,..thanks

:(

Stephen&Dawn,

Send me a message. :) I lived in South Africa for a long time. (I am the USC) You have a few options. I was in South Africa on multiple visas during my time in South Africa. I learned how to deal with Useless Affairs. LOL