sidccc

possible fraud on k1 visa, post arrival

5 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline

hello all, so the girl i brought over from russia did not exactly have the intent to marry... she used the 90 days here in the US to continue to work for her russian employer, was paid for that, and took several trips to other cities to attend conferences and various events (she is in the social media space). she also kept her apartment in moscow, obviously with the intent to return. i also found out recently that she was carrying on in a separate, though somewhat benign relationship, while she was here. on the day she left, he is the one that took her to the airport... as i had to work

she has indicated that she wants to obtain a b1 visa so she can return at will and go back and forth between the us and russia, to accomplish the same purpose, e.g. gathering information on social media trends in the US and reporting back to her employer, etc. she did leave within the 90 days... actually returning to moscow on the 90th day. her employer has indicated that it would not be a problem to get a b1 visa, though she was denied a tourist visa earlier in 2014 when we were trying to get her to the states

my question here is... is there any type of fraud there? should or can i contact the moscow consul and tell them this story. i do not believe it is right that she should manipulate the system and be granted further access to this country on any visa.

any thoughts?

thanks

sid

This is an extremely unique situation. Your post is also open to a some speculation since some particulars are missing. My question to you would be: Did you believe this woman was in love with you and intended to marry when you met? You say that she did not exactly have the intent to marry. Her keeping her apartment and her job would have been a red flag. When did you become aware that a wedding would not happen?

In terms of the facts, when you petition for a K1 visa you have to submit evidence that you and your fiance(e) intend to marry within 90 days. This often includes a letter of intent to marry. The entire purpose of this visa is to qualify your fiancé to legally marry and seek adjustment to permanent residency. Obviously this is not in any way, shape or form a tourist visa. Therefore if the beneficiary of this visa never intended to marry then she committed fraud when she applied for this benefit.

Listen you might have dodged a bullet by not getting tied down to someone who did not want to be with you and was only using you for an immigration benefit or to find a loophole to visit the country. This is however just an opinion. At this point it really is up to you how you want to proceed. I don't believe your affidavit of support is valid after she returned to her country. Whether or not you want to alert the USCIS or the Moscow consulate is up to you. You have some grounds to.

Our Journey begins

Met online in March 2009. Started dating through Skype in September 2009. Met in person on 03/14/2010. After many visits, both ways, Nate proposes to Liz on 8/10/2010.

Our K-1 Journey
K1 Visa processed at Vermont, approved in 106 days. Approved at CDJ on 19/09/2011
Our AOS Journey from K

Applied for AOS on 12/27/2011

-AP/EAD combo card processed at Vermont, approved in 86 days. Approved on 3/22/2012; Card Received 3/30/2012

-GC processed at Vermont, approved in 268 days. Approved on 9/20/2012; Card Received on 9/26/2012
Our RoC Journey

08/30/2014: Sent package to Lockbox

09/02/2014: Package Received in Chicago

09/05/2014: Received NOA1 (Extension letter for 1 year)

11/30/2014: Called USCIS, Biometrics appointment not received yet. Appointment letter never delivered to correct address.

12/05/2014: Finally receive Biometrics appointment letter in the mail.

12/30/2014: Biometrics taken in El Paso, Texas ASC

05/08/2015: Approval notice received by email and text

05/10/2015: Approval notice received by mail

05/15/2015: GC in hand

-RoC processed at Vermont, approved in 248 days

Our Citizenship Journey

06/20/2015: Will be able to early file N-400

Filed: Other Timeline

thanks for the input...

well, i'm not sure what particulars are missing, feel free to ask and i'll explain everything i can... as far as when i knew we we're not going to marry, she kept telling me that she could stay beyond the 90 days and we could marry later, even 90 days further along or whenever really... i didn't know about that. then at the last second she decided to leave to ensure she did not go over the 90 days period and thus put herself at risk if she wanted another visa through her russian employer. i believed at the time that she wanted to keep her job so she had something to do, not that she intended to go back... she can work remotely without much problem

obviously the other point about her engaging with another guy while here, spending her last night here with him, and meeting him at the airport are all things that recently came to light and make this even more blatant

and yes, we both filled out the letter of intent to marry in 90 days

i was referred by various agencies that if i want to report her i need to contact the embassy or consul in moscow. part of me says just to drop it and move on but there's a principle involved here and i feel she should be flagged and denied further visa consideration

Filed: Timeline

She came with the stated intent to marry you, as indicated in the documents you supplied to obtain the petition for the visa, she came and, for whatever reason, decided not to marry you and left the US within the specified timeframe.

Unless you have hard, irrefutable evidence that she intended to use the k1 visa for other than its intended purpose (i.e., she wrote this in a letter to you, or something), I think your queries to USCIS, etc. would be a waste of time on your part and likely viewed as coming from a fiance disgruntled with how things worked out.

After reading some of the scenarios on here over the past few years, consider yourself lucky that she left and didn't cause you further grief.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

I see no fraud.

It is not your say who can not enter the US.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.