Pallares

I-130 adjudicating officer

7 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hello Everyone,

I have a question for a friend that I met on the VJ Facebook page. He has posted on here to try to get help or some questions answered but, unfortunately, had no responses. So, when he asked me for a little help to guide him or help him in any way I can, and I really couldn't tell him anything for certain since their situation is complicated in ways. So, maybe someone can help me to help him relieve his feeling of stress and despair.

My friend lives in Albania and his wife in the U.S. He used to be a permanent resident in the U.S. In the year 2000 his family won the American Lottery & in 2001 they came to live in the U.S. They had a great life in Albania though, so after 3 weeks in the United States his parents decided to go back and live in Albania & him & his sister went back too. After that they came back to the U.S every six months so they wouldn't lose their green cards until 2005. In 2005 him & his Father decided to stop traveling back every six moths & stayed in Albania, but his Mother & Sister continued going back & forth so they wouldn't lose their green cards. At the time, he thought he would never want to come back to the U.S, but in 2012 he met a women on Facebook, they fell in love & then got married in 2014. She has gone to visit him in Albania 5 times all together. My friends sister is an American citizen & filed a petition for their Father in October 2014, & he got the decision in 4 months.

In June 2014 their lawyer filed the I-130 Petition. When they 1st spoke with the lawyer he told my friend to go to the American Embassy in his country & give up the green card he had before & that's the only way they can start the petition, so my friend did as he was advised. In August, the USCIS sent him a request for evidence. They wanted proof of a common bank account between him & his wife & the Declaration of the Testimony's from the Civilian Office where they got married. They don't have a common bank account & they sent the Declaration of Testimony's. The lawyer did write a letter explaining they don't have a joint bank account. USCIS received their RFE on September 21, 2014 & online it said they would have a decision by November 21, 2014. They never received anything, so in Feb. 2015 his wife called the lawyer to check what was happening U he sent in a service request.

The USCIS wanted them to wait 30 days, nothing happened, Lawyer called them again & they wanted them to wait 15 more days.So they waited 15 more days & nothing happened.Then the lawyer said they should contact the Congress Officer. The Congress Officer was very good with them, He called them & they told him to call back in 1 week. He called them & they told him the case has been under additional review & right now the case is with an Adjudicating Officer, Then a few days later, my friends wife received a letter from the USCIS dated April 3rd & the date she got it was April 16th. The letter stated that the case was taking longer than told because they had been doing some additional review. Right now the case is with an Adjudicating Officer & in 60 days they will receive a decision or any further action. When they asked their lawyer about this letter, he said he doesn't know what to say because this has never happened to him. They have spoken with other lawyer, spending more money for consulting. My friends wife, their lawyer & the Congress Officer have called USCIS many times but they only talk about general information, nothing specific to their case.

My friend & his wife have never had any problems with the law in Albania or in the U.S so they have clean records. His wife was married before, filed a petition for her ex-husband, but then she canceled it due to their separation & divorce before it was completed. So the question my friend asked me & I couldn't give an answer to is Should he expect the decision by June 3, 2015, when the 60 days of the letter date expires? They are working with the USCIS office in Texas. Any help, advise or anything is very appreciated by Me, My Friend & his Wife. Thanks

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

i think if they dont tell you your file is on hold for security check all the rest is #######, the officer review, the pending adjudication the additional review are all #######, i receive letter for my wife i130 that its pending adjudication and it took more time to process because they had to do additional review, then i receive a letter for my step child i130 that it is under review by a officer, then week after that i receive notice that both files were transferred , if you already did the additional reviews and file is pending adjudication, and other file is under review by officer , why would they transfer they files. i think those are just standard letters that they send out to people when they do a service request, to try to hush you up till they get to your file.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Nobody can answer that and have a truthful legit guaranteed answer for you.

i didnt ask for a answer i was giving my opinion , and you would not have a answer anyway because you didnt have to send in a service request like thousands of other people, so you dont know how it feel to get one of letters back for a response.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

i didnt ask for a answer i was giving my opinion , and you would not have a answer anyway because you didnt have to send in a service request like thousands of other people, so you dont know how it feel to get one of letters back for a response.

Why in the world do you think I was talking to you instead of the op? Just because I didn't get one this time doesn't mean I've never had one or had to deal with one...you dunt know my experience. You write in a long winded way exactly whey I said....no one knows.

Timeline

Thanks. I thought the same thing about the letters just being a general letter they always send out. When I asked for help, advise or anything to help my friend better I guess what I should have asked was if anyone else has had this problem will u please help me so I can let my friend know what he should do now or next & maybe why this happened to them. Hes confused about alot of things that keep happening during his process. But only if u have gone through this type of situation, PLEASE, because I dont want to give him any wrong advice. Thanks Alot

Timeline

And please dont argue, we r here as adults, trying to help eachother get through the process. Arguing isnt going to help anyone at all. Thanks again :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.