rnab32

Declaration and proof of having met in the past 2 years

6 posts in this topic

Hello all,

My fiancee and I actually met in person for the first time over two years ago, July 2012. Within the past two years I've seen her in person about every 6 months, the last time being 0ctober 2014. I also plan on visiting her next month, March 2015. I plan on sending in the K1 initial petition this April when I get back from that trip.

How should I structure my statement for this section/question? Should I say we first met in person in July 2012, but to fulfill the "met within the past 2 years criteria", use evidence (passport stamps, boarding passes, pictures) from my October 2014 and upcoming March 2015 trip?

Thanks!

Edited by rnab32

ROC:

7/2/18 - ROC packet (I-751) sent

7/5/18 - USCIS CSC received

7/13/18 - NOA (I-797) notice date

7/17/18 - $680 check cashed

7/20/18 - NOA (I-797) received

3/11/19 - Biometrics reused

6/4/19 - Case transferred to Potomac Service Center  

10/9/19 - New Card Is Being Produced / Approved

10/11/19 - Card Was Mailed To Me

10/12/19 - Approval Notice received

10/17/19 - 10-yr Green Card received

Yes! Exactly! We included stuff from when we first met in 2006, but also included things from our most recent visits. Just make sure you have strong evidence of having seen each other in the past 2 years. It sounds like you have a handle on this!

Thanks lizascissors! Will do. And congrats on the successful visa journey!

ROC:

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

Additionally to this, we have included a small letter, that we both signed, that gave a brief description of how we met, where and how we met in person, how our relationship was developing, how we communicated during the long distance relationship (Facebook, Skype, Online games etc.) etc.

Thanks Rantcasey!

However, my understanding is that only the petitioner's signature is needed for the declaration?

ROC:

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello all,

My fiancee and I actually met in person for the first time over two years ago, July 2012. Within the past two years I've seen her in person about every 6 months, the last time being 0ctober 2014. I also plan on visiting her next month, March 2015. I plan on sending in the K1 initial petition this April when I get back from that trip.

How should I structure my statement for this section/question? Should I say we first met in person in July 2012, but to fulfill the "met within the past 2 years criteria", use evidence (passport stamps, boarding passes, pictures) from my October 2014 and upcoming March 2015 trip?

Thanks!

Yes, exactly.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.