mischa24

For F2A peeps from MNL that got married in the US

5 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi Guys,

I just need help regarding ROM ( Report of Marriage ). We got married April 2014 and I'm just getting ready to send all necessary documents to the Phil Consulate in WA, I have an on going petition under F2A and my PD is not current yet. So basically my question is for those people who got married in the US and filed an F2A petition, on your NVC stage..

- DID NVC REQUESTED A CEMAR FROM YOU?

- AND DID NVC AND USEM HONORED YOUR US MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE OR DOES IT NEED TO BE NSO AUTHENTICATED?

I'm hoping for my PD to be current by end of this year, and I just want to make sure that I have all the necessary documents once NVC request for it.

Thanks in advance! :thumbs:

(L) (L) (L) (L) (L) F2A Filler (L) (L) (L) (L) (L)

05/03/2014 - sent I-130 to lockbox
05/08/2014 - received NOA1 via email
08/27/2014 - received NOA2 via email

NVC STAGE:

09/28/2014 - received case number from NVC
06/24/2015 - received NVC Welcome Letter
06/24/2015 - done with ds261 over the phone
06/24/2015 - sent AOS Fee payment thru mail
06/29/2015 - Confirmed thru phone AOS payment posted
06/30/2015 - Sent IV Fee thru mail
07/07/2015 - IV Fee Payment already posted in CEAC
07/07/2015 - done with DS260
07/10/2015 - sent AOS and Civil docs
07/13/2015 - received in NVC NW
07/28/2015 - Verified Case Complete by phone
09/30/2015 - Interview Schedule verified over the phone

xxxxxxxxxx - Visa status " READY"
11/09/2015 - Interview at USEM

xxxxxxxxxx - received VISA

xxxxxxxxxx - POE

Timeline

I have a friend who got married in the US too. ROM is not needed unless you want to use your married name (and renew your Phil passport into married name). Otherwise, your US MC is enough for USCIS, NVC and USEM.

Timeline

P.S: My friend didn't file ROM coz her LPR husband was too lazy to file for it. It wasn't an issue and she's already here in the US. She wants to use her married name so they'll pay extra $400+ to USCIS to get a new GC

Timeline

P.S: My friend didn't file ROM coz her LPR husband was too lazy to file for it. It wasn't an issue and she's already here in the US. She wants to use her married name so they'll pay extra $400+ to USCIS to get a new GC

did she just recently arrived in the US sis @apple21? i just want to make sure that NVC and USEM will honor my US marriage license.. I'm still planning of doing the ROM i just want to know my options just in case NVC will ask for my civil docs since ROM might take few months..

(L) (L) (L) (L) (L) F2A Filler (L) (L) (L) (L) (L)

05/03/2014 - sent I-130 to lockbox
05/08/2014 - received NOA1 via email
08/27/2014 - received NOA2 via email

NVC STAGE:

09/28/2014 - received case number from NVC
06/24/2015 - received NVC Welcome Letter
06/24/2015 - done with ds261 over the phone
06/24/2015 - sent AOS Fee payment thru mail
06/29/2015 - Confirmed thru phone AOS payment posted
06/30/2015 - Sent IV Fee thru mail
07/07/2015 - IV Fee Payment already posted in CEAC
07/07/2015 - done with DS260
07/10/2015 - sent AOS and Civil docs
07/13/2015 - received in NVC NW
07/28/2015 - Verified Case Complete by phone
09/30/2015 - Interview Schedule verified over the phone

xxxxxxxxxx - Visa status " READY"
11/09/2015 - Interview at USEM

xxxxxxxxxx - received VISA

xxxxxxxxxx - POE

Timeline

Yup. You just need your marriage certificate. NVC and USEM doesn't ask for ROM. Its not on their list of civil docs.

Edited by apple21

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.