William_Marivic

Travelling To Philippines with Advance Parole

25 posts in this topic

Ah yes, the interview waiver.. always seems to delay the issuance of the GC. We had the interview, two weeks after that the card arrived, total time from filing to GC about 4 months.

Yeah, I was excited when I got the combo card, then I saw the waiver letter my hopes of having GC soon vanished hehe.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Yeah, I was excited when I got the combo card, then I saw the waiver letter my hopes of having GC soon vanished hehe.

Where in AZ are you two?

What airline are you looking at to fly over? I always used Hawaiian but they cancelled that flight... :(

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Where in AZ are you two?

What airline are you looking at to fly over? I always used Hawaiian but they cancelled that flight... :(

Delta, bcos of my husbands work we'll fly standby so it'll be cheaper.

We're in Fort Mohave near Bullhead City, but we'll move again this coming October I think.

Timeline

Delta, bcos of my husbands work we'll fly standby so it'll be cheaper.

We're in Fort Mohave near Bullhead City, but we'll move again this coming October I think.

I know the area, been up that way on the bike a couple times.

I am looking at Delta also, the flight that leaves Phoenix to Denver then Japan doesn't seem to have too long of layovers.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

I know the area, been up that way on the bike a couple times.

I am looking at Delta also, the flight that leaves Phoenix to Denver then Japan doesn't seem to have too long of layovers.

We'll check out that flight, my husband used Delta when he visited me before. He is worried about me leaving the country with just the AP though

Timeline

We'll check out that flight, my husband used Delta when he visited me before. He is worried about me leaving the country with just the AP though

Odds are long before April you will have your green card.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Hi! Before I start my inquiries here i just want to thank you everyone here who helped me with detailed and informative facts on my K-1 visa journey especially to Hank...

And now I want to be enlightened as I dont want to have problems re entering USA using my Advance Parole as I will travel to Philippines by January 2015. My conditional greencard is still on process..I did try searching and come up with this specific questions though I know these may have been asked many times here. :) Just want peace of mind...

1.) How long am I allowed to stay in the Philippines using Advance Parole? 3 weeks, 3 months, 6 months or I could stay as long as my AP is not expired? Do not stay any longer than 30 days. You stay any longer and red flags appear to immigration that it looks like you are abandoning your I-485.

2.)My name on the plane ticket and my passport name should match? Passport is still in single name. Always, Always buy your ticket with the current full name on your passport. They must match. Hank has given you some good information on this topic. If you are now married and still have your passport with maiden name carry along your MC when traveling.

3.) Should not it be a problem or raise a red flag re entering USA even if i have AP because I filed my AOS after 6 months I arrived here? In other words I didnt file AOS right away within the 3 months. No there will not be any problems because of your late application.

4.) What other documents should I bring aside passport, plane ticket, EAD/AP card? I've read to bring marriage certificate but should I need another paperwork aside from EAD/AP card or is it enough? You will only need your passport, EAD/AP combo card, MC and a copy of the I-485 (receipt). Your I-485 information is in their computers and they will probably check to see that it is still valid and processing but if it were me, I'd carry with me. That's it.

Your answers are highly appreciated.. Thank you!

Marivic

Have a safe trip.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

• 1 month later...

thank you for this sir. I might just use my combo card since theres no news about my gc yet.

:thumbs::thumbs:

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.