susysteele

Peru Medical Exam (Review) for K-1 Visa

3 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline

My appointment was with Dr. Sandro Corigliano (Angloamericana) on Monday, January 6th, 2014 at 3:00pm. I was told to arrive at 2:30pm.

I arrived at the clinic at 2:15pm.

I was told to wait for the doctor's secretary who would be back from lunch at 3:00pm, as well as the doctor.

A nurse came in around 2:45pm. I gave her my passport, appointment letter, and 3 photos. She asked me if I had a vaccination card, which I did, and she accepted it (my vaccination card is from Clinica Ricardo Palma from the 80's and 90's when I was a kid and my Pediatrician was Dr. Max Zaidman).

After the nurse accepted my papers, she gave me a form to fill out and told me to return it to her, which I did. Shortly after, another lady that was the secretary called my name, made me sign a paper accepting that I'd be seen by the doctor, gave me my passport back and asked me to go to get an “orden de atencion” in another area. After reviewing my vaccination record, the nurse told me that they wouldn’t need to give me any new vaccinations today. I went to get the “orden de atencion” and returned it to her. That took like 10 minutes totally. She asked me to sit down again and wait. Like 10 minutes later they called my name again and asked me to go get my blood tests done. I had to go to the basement to get registered and then up to the 2nd floor to get the actual blood test done which took like 5 minutes overall.

I went back to the doctor's secretary and she told me to go to get my x-ray done. It took about 15 minutes to register and get it done. They asked me to remove my shirt and bra off, asked me if I suspected pregnancy (no not pregnant) and asked me to put my hair up, the technician running the x-ray machine asked me to hold my breath for a while and then to breath out. That was it.

I went back to the Dr's office, they asked me to wait to be called to see the doctor. After around 20 minutes they called me. The doctor was nice. He asked:

• My name, age, date of birth.
  • Who is my petitioner
  • Where does my fiancée live
  • How long have we been together as a couple
  • What do I do for a living (degree and where do I work)
  • If I've ever had surgery
  • What medication do I take, why, what for
  • If I have any scars/birthmarks/tattoos (he wrote down where my tattoos are located on my body)
  • If I've had asthma or respiratory problems
  • Do I smoke
  • Do I drink (I said "yes", so he asked how much, I said "socially", he asked "in moderation?" and I replied "yes")
  • Had I ever been involved in a traffic accident related to alcohol (no)

After that he told me that he would do a physical examination:

• He took my blood pressure.
  • Touched my neck and collar bones, asked me to swallow.
  • Listened to my heart
  • Asked to see my hands and palms twice
  • Asked me to open my mouth, checked my tongue and asked me to smile big to see my teeth
  • Asked me to lay down, told me that he'd lift up my shirt to check my stomach and chest, he listened to my heart again, checked my stomach and asked me to unbutton my pants to check a bit lower on my abdomen
  • He checked my legs and toes
  • Asked me to sit down and went behind my back, lifted up my shirt, asked me to breath a few times while he listened with his stethoscope
  • Took my weight and my height
  • Asked me to read letters on the door (eye exam)

He was very kind and respectful. I asked him when my results will be ready, he said 6 working days, that it used to be 3 working days but now there's a lot of applications. I asked him if I could get it a day earlier he said he couldn’t guarantee but to talk to the secretary and coordinate.

The nurses and secretaries were very nice to me overall. I asked them about getting my results a day earlier and they told me that they'd try and to call them to ask in a few days.

The total I paid for the medical was S/.460 (soles). I didn’t have to pay for any vaccinations since they accepted my vaccination records from Clinica Ricardo Palma.

Total time since I arrived at 2:15pm (way early) was 2 hours and 15 minutes.

Total time since they called me the first time was a little over 1 hour and a half.

Overall it was a good experience.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~Moved from K-1 Process to K-1 Progress Forum~

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline

UPDATE:
My medical was Jan.06.2014, they told me that they would have my results ready on Jan.14.2014 (the day of my interview). I asked them if they could have it ready a day earlier so I could take it to the embassy with me, they said they couldn't promise but to call them on the day before my interview to see if they could give them to me.

I started calling the Doctor's office since Thursday Jan.09.2014 *I know, a bit desperate of me haha*, I couldn't get a hold of the secretary in charge of the results until Friday Jan.10.2014. She was very nice and told me to call her back on Monday morning to see if she had the results ready and to still go Monday afternoon to wait for the results. I called Monday morning and my results were ready, I went that afternoon and got my results right on time.
Very thankful for that.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.