lubnajavid

Payment of 165USD IV fee via USCIS - ELIS

65 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I looked around, couldn't see an answer to this -

So - today, sunday June 16th, I was able to create an account to pay the IV fee of 165USD that's required after the IR-1 has been approved and received.

But, since about 9am central I have been unable to actually do anything more!

When I click on the button on the left that says "apply online" it takes about 30 seconds(actually all clicks take about 30seconds!!), then the screen shows "apply online" but nothing else... no where else to click but those 4 buttons on the left...

WHen I click on account - it brings up a technical error and asks me to contact USCIS customer service - which I did and found out they only work M-F...

Is this a temporary issue today? Or am I doing something REALLY wrong?

I have tried 3 different web browsers, Int Explorer, Firefox and Chrome - all the same result.

It lets me log in to it no problem but the whole site is extremely slow....

I noticed the past several weeks they have had notices up about maintenance at the weekends, but nothing about this weekend....

Anyone? Help? smile.png

DO I just need to be MORE patient and wait til Monday to call and find out whats going on?!

I would SOOO like to get this IV fee out of the way smile.png

POE is a few weeks away but.... smile.png

Edited by lubnajavid

NOA1 August 3 2011
NOA2 April 14 2012
NVC receipt May 17 2012

Case upgrade request sent via email April 3 2013

Case upgraded by NVC from F2A to CR1 April 19 2013

Interview June 6th 2013 - APPROVED - case upgraded to IR1 at time of interview based on time married

Visa in hand June 10th 2013

IV fee paid using ELIS June 17th 2013

POE Houston July 15th 2013

GC arrived in mail Aug 12th 2013

SSN card arrived in mail Aug 19 2013 (1 week after applying)

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

I paid ours on Friday.....had no issues at all so may be just a weekend thing. On my there was a little drop down box thingy (technical term, lol) where I picked immigration fee. From there on out was easy and fairly quick, considering I live out in the boonies and internet is via satellite, lol. Maybe wait till tomorrow and try again? :)ClockWatch2.gif

Only a few hours ago I posted about the same problem...Have been able to log in without a problem but the website doesn't give any other options....

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/436240-issues-with-uscis-elis-paying-immigrant-fee/

Timeline

@Naddy&Mike and ValPrime

Thanks for the info...

Glad to see its not just me - will have to wait til tomorrow to GIVE the government money I guess!! :)

NOA1 August 3 2011
NOA2 April 14 2012
NVC receipt May 17 2012

Interview June 6th 2013 - APPROVED - case upgraded to IR1 at time of interview based on time married

@Naddy&Mike and ValPrime

Thanks for the info...

Glad to see its not just me - will have to wait til tomorrow to GIVE the government money I guess!! smile.png

I thought it was just me having problems too so I'm somewhat glad your having the same issues. I will also try tomorrow, but if it doesn't I'm not sure what the next step is or whether there is another way of paying the $165.....

Keep us informed lubnajavid if it starts working and I will do the same....smile.png

Timeline

@Naddy&Mike - will do - will likely just PM you once I know its working...

ex-pat from cumbria here :)

NOA1 August 3 2011
NOA2 April 14 2012
NVC receipt May 17 2012

@Naddy&Mike - will do - will likely just PM you once I know its working...

ex-pat from cumbria here smile.png

Super duper....Soon to be ex-pat from Cambridge, east anglia dancin5hr.gif

Timeline

for those who might be interested...

just tried now 950am central US time - and the drop downs and other parts of the website are visible!

I'm going to try and pay in a little while - but thought id share this!

NOA1 August 3 2011
NOA2 April 14 2012
NVC receipt May 17 2012

Timeline

update - was able to complete my payment :) all is good now :) received a pay.gov email and another email about case status update....

NOA1 August 3 2011
NOA2 April 14 2012
NVC receipt May 17 2012

update - was able to complete my payment smile.png all is good now smile.png received a pay.gov email and another email about case status update....

Yes thank you lubnajavid, much appreciated... Now I have to find a way of paying for it.....lol...As one cannot use a foreign card or bank account!

Well that's good to note.

Mine locked me out for some odd reason. :( I can't remember the answers to the damn questions either! /facepalm

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Timeline

Yes thank you lubnajavid, much appreciated... Now I have to find a way of paying for it.....lol...As one cannot use a foreign card or bank account!

i wonder if a prepaid card would work?

american express or visa or mastercard all have them.

you do realise your petitioner (USC) can pay correct?

NOA1 August 3 2011
NOA2 April 14 2012
NVC receipt May 17 2012

Some online services don't take prepaid credit cards but it would be worth looking into. Had to email ELIS about my locked account. >:(

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.