Govisajourney

I-751 Latest Processing Time

7 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

For those of you wondering, what is going on with CSC, here is link for latest processing time. Seems like they are processing Aug 25, 2012 cases (so slow). Meanwhile, VSC is only taking 6 months! Wish I could file there instead.

https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/processTimesDisplayInit.do

Look at the potential bright side... If it gets too long, guess what? Get hold of your congressman, ask for assistant, and then file for N-400 when the time is right.

You might just end up skipping the whole ROC altogether like me!

I never even get to SEE my 10-year GC before they scheduled me for Oath, thanks CSC for your SLOW PROCESSING TIME! :D

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline

Just to update vsc is slow again they updated processing time as doing k1 visa October 15 .. So almost 7 months

In the webpage they are saying 6 months.

11/22/12 = Filed I-751 to remove conditions

11/30/12 = Got NOA1 (I-797C)

12/23/12 = Got the bio-metrics done (USCIS Status: Pending)

Waiting...

If they take that long, that still means we see nothing for the ROC filing fee & then get the pleasure of paying more for the naturalization process. I would like to see something for my money, even if it is only for a year.

I-751 Application - Nov 26, 2012.
NOA - Nov 27, 2012.
Bio Appointment Dec 31, 2012.
New Appointment Jan 8, 2013.

I-751 Removal of Conditions - Approved May 28 2013

Green Card Production notice - June 13 2013

Green Card Received - June 20, 2013

Citizenship Application - January 17, 2023

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

In the webpage they are saying 6 months.

It says October 15th today is may 22 ... That is 7 months and some change

Received this from vsc va email

Thank you for your courteous inquiry. I wish I could pass on more positive information, however, I cannot. Applications are processed in date order and they receive thousands every day. Yes, we often move applications around based on pending workload and resources available. Unfortunately, at this time there is nothing that will help move your case (or any other) faster. The website: www.uscis.gov provides "Expedite Criteria" but you have mentioned nothing that would place the processing of your application in that category. Even if Expedited processing were approved you would be placed in a long line of those in that category. You may wish to check those requirements.

Of course, you may contact your Congressional representatives but it will not help regarding acquiring additional resources. Budget cuts as well as the Sequestor have affected hiring new staff members. Even if we could hire tomorrow, the hiring process (including background check) is lengthy and time consuming. Once a new officer is selected and an entry on duty date established, they have to attend training prior to adjudicating.

I do caution you that it is not wise to incur any non-refundable expenses (wedding planning) until you have the approved application and card in his hand. You do not mention where your fiancé is coming from. Once we approve the application, it may require an interview in his home country via the US Embassy/Consulate. We have no control over that process and that can sometimes take quite a while. They are under the jurisdiction of the Department of State.

There is no way to predict when the processing center will catch up and process your application. I wish I could provide more positive feedback but I cannot. It is the USCIS goal to process all cases as quickly and fairly as possible.

Thank you,

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.