VisaJourney.com Logo
Gallery      Form Downloads      Example Forms      Processing Times      Embassy Info      Reviews: Embassy/USCIS & POE      Affiliates     Members

Latest VJ Member Visa Approvals - Congratulations!

blank avatarAmanda & Justin
K1 Visa
Canada
Yolanda & Leury
IR-1/CR-1 Visa
Dominican Republic
blank avatarCatherine & Christopher
IR-1/CR-1 Visa
United Kingdom
Gilbert & Colin
IR-1/CR-1 Visa
United Kingdom
Jerry & Irina
IR-1/CR-1 Visa
Ukraine
blank avatarfavor & love
K1 Visa
Nigeria
blank avatarALI & ANA
IR-1/CR-1 Visa
Pakistan
blank avatarDaisy & Momo
IR-1/CR-1 Visa
Japan
Joseph & Jocelyn
K1 Visa
Philippines
blank avatarAaron & Paula
K1 Visa
Spain

Visa Interviews Today: Good Luck!!

blank avatarD & N
IR-1/CR-1 Visa
Morocco
blank avatarE & M
IR-1/CR-1 Visa
Taiwan
John & Elizabeth
K1 Visa
Kenya
Gina & Dara
K1 Visa
Ireland
blank avatarAmerican & Canadian
K1 Visa
Canada
blank avatarAdam & Annika
K1 Visa
Germany
Jessica & Efrem
K1 Visa
South Africa
Jordana & Juan
IR-1/CR-1 Visa
Dominican Republic
blank avatarJoseph & Olya
K1 Visa
Russia
blank avatarBrian & Matt
IR-1/CR-1 Visa
United Kingdom

• Please log in to reply

MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE VS CERTIFICATE OF MARRIAGE

#1 lkjj30

lkjj30

• PipPipPip

• Group: Members

Posted 05 September 2012 - 05:09 AM

I ordered marriage certificate and cenomar from nso...I only got one thing the certificate of marriage..are these 2 the same? i paid for both, don't i get the marriage certificate and cemar too? I am really confused...pls help me! I am gathering my documents for the interview, I just want to make sure i have everything before going there so there will be no delays...

#2 madison925

madison925

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 05 September 2012 - 05:20 AM

If you have the marriage certificate then obviously you wont get a CENOMAR. Cenomar means certiticate of no marriage. You will only need this if you are filing for K1 visa or when you want to prove that you are single.
09/27/12- Sent I-129F via UPS10/01/12- 129-F packet arrived in Texas10/03/12- NOA 1 routed to VCS10/09/12 Received hard copy of NOA 104/09/13 Received Rfe04/17/13 Replied to rfe07/16/13 NOA208/15/13 Manila Embassy Interview<p>Met in Memphis, TN

AOS
10/17/13- Sent AOS,EAD,AP
10/21/13- Noa1 (EAD and AP)
10/23/13- Noa1 (Green card)
11/19/13- Biometrics Appointment
12/1413- EAD and AP approved (card in production)

#3 killmewidursmile

killmewidursmile

• PipPipPip

Posted 05 September 2012 - 07:55 AM

I ordered marriage certificate and cenomar from nso...I only got one thing the certificate of marriage..are these 2 the same? i paid for both, don't i get the marriage certificate and cemar too? I am really confused...pls help me! I am gathering my documents for the interview, I just want to make sure i have everything before going there so there will be no delays...

marriage cert.is different in cenomar, you can get both but if u still married ,in your cenomar it was stated that u are married
but if u are annulled you still able to get a marriage cert. and cenomar but at the side of paper stating it was void same as cenomar saying ur marriage is null and void.
even in local registry office where u marriage was filed.
I suggest u go direct at the NSO office to obtain that docs.

PINAY LOVES CAJUN

K1 VISA /VSC

10-25-2012   I -129f  sent

10-31-2012   NOA1

05-17-2013   RFE

08-06-2013  RFE  complied

08-15-2013   RFE response review

01-02-2014   NOa2

01-18-2014   MCN#

#4 Thomas&Cleofe

Thomas&Cleofe

Safety Inspector of the Coconut Tree Monkeys

Posted 05 September 2012 - 08:55 AM

I believe the OP is referring to CEMAR.....not CENOMAR.

which is actually not CEMAR....the document is called "Advisory of Marriage".

#5 apple21

apple21

I don't like mayonnaise!

Posted 05 September 2012 - 11:26 PM

its CENOMAR (Certificate of No Marriage)
if you paid for both, CENOMAR and Marriage Certificate, you should get both documents.

usually, only applicants for Fiancee or F2B are required to submit CENOMAR because they need to maintain their SINGLE status before they enter the US.

I'm the F2A beneficiary (Spouse of LPR)

graphics-arrows-496347.gifClick here to view my FULL IMMIGRATION TIMELINE

RETURNING 10-YR GC DUE TO USCIS ERROR - i90

MAR 21, 2012 - Married

DEC 28, 2013 - POE: LAX (Married 1 year and 9 months)

FEB 15, 2014 - 10-yr GC delivered but it should be 2-yr conditional GC!

MAR 07, 2014 - Infopass at USCIS. IO told me to wait 3-4 weeks for him to get & review my case file

MAY 08, 2014 - IO called saying I have to fill out i90 (no fee) and return the erroneous GC

MAY 14, 2014 - i90 package sent

MAY 16, 2014 - i90 delivered to Phoenix, AZ

JUN 05, 2014 - Received text & email containing receipt number

JUN 07, 2014 - NOA 1 hardcopy received

JUN 14, 2014 - Biometrics schedule letter received

JUN 27, 2014 - Biometrics

JUL 30, 2014 - Infopass for extension stamp on passport. They gave me until APR 29, 2015

Back to Top ↑

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.