RickJovi

Age gap difference in Philippines

72 posts in this topic

25 years age gap here, and never got a problem :D . Just be honest and answer only what the consular asking LOL.

SzIKm4.png
4202e493-922b-4a14-a1b7-438a49a69f71_zps0b740bfd-4829-475c-92b2-ceedfc991843_zps

Chains do not hold a marriage together. It is threads, hundreds of tiny threads which sew people together through the years.

me and my fiance have an 18 years gap. never questioned in my interview at the embassy but questioned in cfo interview. im 29 and fiance is turning 48.

just be prepared to answer whats your assurance that this time around the younger lady wont "use" you like the first younger exwife did.. just my opinion

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

me and my fiance have an 18 years gap. never questioned in my interview at the embassy but questioned in cfo interview. im 29 and fiance is turning 48.

just be prepared to answer whats your assurance that this time around the younger lady wont "use" you like the first younger exwife did.. just my opinion

Thanks for all of the replies. Salamat Po! Take care everyone.

Any past experience would be appreciate.

There have been, now and then, VJ posters telling stories of increased scrutiny when pet/bene have a large age gap. I read more than a few threads regarding CO age gap questions back in 2008. Haven't read any in the last 2 years.

It seems to me...the posters (experiencing CO problems/questions) did not supply ample evidence or had technical/administrative flaws. Opened the door for the CO to exploit the age gap...perhaps.

I suggest (at the very least) be prepeared for a few "curve ball" questions...have a few prepared answers...ample evidence and coach your fiancee to "stand tall" if facing oppression. Other than that, it should be a cake walk. ;)

Edited by Crashed~N2~Me

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

It was the comment that "Thomas" made .... that was not appreciated.

And because me and others quoted him they removed those quotes to remove ALL reference to his posting.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

We were just approved 3 weeks ago and we have a 26 year difference. I chose to be with her and she chose me because we have the most in common in family values and similar lifestyles of just good family living. My finacee was so organized during the interview it was a breeze. We also presented a strong case of a relationship.

My first marriage was a disaster so I know what you mean about not knowing someone but this one is different for me too. My fiancee is conservative and from the Southern province. Age will not matter. I would just focus on who you are with. The CO will not deny you based on age in your case. Move onto your next concern because this will not be one.

Timeline

Oh, I just remembered.

My fiancee made a friend at the interview and her friend was 24 and the petitioner was 64 or 65. My fiancee told me her friend was also approved. So that is like 40 years difference.

Timeline

Oh, I just remembered.

My fiancee made a friend at the interview and her friend was 24 and the petitioner was 64 or 65. My fiancee told me her friend was also approved. So that is like 40 years difference.

Thanks again everyone. I have my fiancee well organized with all of the paperwork and supporting evidence. I will give her more from my trip that is coming up becasue we will go to different places with her family and I will be involved with the Christening of her new niece. Now I am hoping CSC will move quickly and that they got my revised IMBRA Waiver for limitations as I filed my second I-129F for K1 VISA at the 1 year 9 month mark of my first petition and required one. I have a clean record, so there shoul dbe no reason to deny. I just hope they got it. Anyway I am excited for the new life with my new FIlipina. She is terrific and so is her family. I don't care about the one that hurt and used me. I am over it and know that hopefully immigrations will do their job and send her packing home to the Philippines on November 2, 2012. I am focused only on Jovi, the woman that I Love!!!!

The timeline indicates you are 50 and she is 25.

I'm 50 and Mav is 34. (I always felt weird about that).

Well, as you know, she don't need parental consent.

I see no problem. But, You stated: The last one was bad to you and a 21 year age difference. I guess well just take your word for that. Treat this one better.

I am 50 and MJ is 35.. I never felt weird. By age 50 we have entered the we don't give a damn what others think stage of life. :dance:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.