Sign in to follow this  
evergreen

Augh!!! Interview Friday, No W2!!!

6 posts in this topic

We have an interview on Friday in Montreal for my husband's I130/CR1. I was going over all of our documents tonight, and I realized that, although I have paystubs, a letter from my employer, and a tax return, I do not have a W2!

It looks to me like your tax return MUST be accompanied by a W2.

Help! Has anyone gone to an interview without a W2? What's the fastest way to get another copy of your W2? My employer is in town, but payroll is done at a corporate office several states away. There is an IRS office about 30 miles from me, but on their website they say they can only provide copies of tax documents in the event of emergency. Is this considered an emergency?

THANKS SO MUCH!

If your that close to IRS I would just see if you could get a copy of your tax transcripts made up - I thought I read somewhere here that W2s are not necessary to accomplany tax transcripts (someone please correct me if I'm wrong). But, getting the transcript wouldn't hurt at this point.

If you read the I-864, a W-2 is required if you are submitting a copy of your tax return or are submitting a joint tax return and only wish to include your income.

If you have tax transcripts, then a W-2 is not required.

I didn't submit transcripts from the IRS - just a copy of my tax return from my files.

BUT I did get my W2 today! I called my former employer and they said that don't generate W2s, the corporate offices do, but they have all of their employees 2005 and later W2s on a website called www.w2express.com. So, I went on the website, printed copies of my W2, and I'm all set!

Friday Friday Friday I may be finally bringing my husband home to live with me for good!

:dance:(L):dance:(L)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.