2 Hearts

How to Amend a Birth Certificate (Philippines)

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Would you be able to tell me how I can help my fiancee get an Amended NSO Birth Certificate?

Her original Birth Certificate did not show her mother's name on it (the mother's information was not included). Her original Birth Certificate says, "Mother's Name: NOT OF RECORD." :hehe:

Her original NSO Birth Certificate shows the midwife's name at the bottom of the NSO Birth Certificate as "RHM" and the same person as her mother's name. :(

Because of these errors we had my fiancee's mother travel to the Local Civil Registry where my fiancee was born. With an Affidavit, Baptismal Certificate, and Marriage Contract in support, we were able to get a Supplemental Report showing my fiancee's mother's name, father's name, date, and place of birth--all listed correctly! :D

How may we get the NSO Birth Certificate to be Amended to include all of this information? :help:

We have the following original documents and copies to support our request:

Baptismal Certificate (showing mother's name on it),

Original Birth Certificate (mother "Not of Record"),

Original NSO Birth Certificate (midwife listed as mother),

Supplemental Report (all info is listed correctly),

Local Civil Registry letter (from June 2006) indicating the changes to the Supplemental Report are being sent to the NSO Office to be updated.

Mother's Affidavit, supporting the Supplemental Report,

Copy of my fiancee's Passport,

Copy of my fiancee's Postal ID.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. :help:

03/07/06 -- Met On-line

06/14/06 -- Spent 5 Weeks Together in Lapu-Lapu Philippines

08/03/06 -- I-129F NOA1

02/22/07 -- K-1 Visa Approval

03/02/07 -- POE St. Paul/Minnesota

05/29/07 -- Married in the Catholic Church

06/04/07 -- NOA1 for AOS and EAD

08/04/07 -- Biometrics

08/20/07 -- Received EAD by snail mail

08/21/07 -- AOS Interview--Approved

09/01/07 -- GC Received

Timeline
Would you be able to tell me how I can help my fiancee get an Amended NSO Birth Certificate?

Her original Birth Certificate did not show her mother's name on it (the mother's information was not included). Her original Birth Certificate says, "Mother's Name: NOT OF RECORD." :hehe:

Her original NSO Birth Certificate shows the midwife's name at the bottom of the NSO Birth Certificate as "RHM" and the same person as her mother's name. :(

Because of these errors we had my fiancee's mother travel to the Local Civil Registry where my fiancee was born. With an Affidavit, Baptismal Certificate, and Marriage Contract in support, we were able to get a Supplemental Report showing my fiancee's mother's name, father's name, date, and place of birth--all listed correctly! :D

How may we get the NSO Birth Certificate to be Amended to include all of this information? :help:

We have the following original documents and copies to support our request:

Baptismal Certificate (showing mother's name on it),

Original Birth Certificate (mother "Not of Record"),

Original NSO Birth Certificate (midwife listed as mother),

Supplemental Report (all info is listed correctly),

Local Civil Registry letter (from June 2006) indicating the changes to the Supplemental Report are being sent to the NSO Office to be updated.

Mother's Affidavit, supporting the Supplemental Report,

Copy of my fiancee's Passport,

Copy of my fiancee's Postal ID.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. :help:

https://www.ecensus.com.ph/Secure/frmIndex.asp

July 17 2006 Sent I-129F to TSC

July 19 2006 packet received by TSC

July 27 2006 case received at CSC

July 28 2006 touched (to process/send NOA1)

Aug 01 2006 check cashed

Aug 05 2006 NOA1 received in mail

Oct 03 2006 Touched (RFE sent)

Oct 10 2006 RFE received and responded to

Oct 17 2006 Touched (CSC reply to RFE response)

Nov 06 2006 NOA2

Nov 21 2006 NVC sent to Manila

Blah

Blur

Drone

March 27 2007 Interview

April 02 2007 Visa delivered

April 05 2007 Happiness delivered

April 06 2007 First day of the rest of our lives

"There they go! I must hurry and catch them, for I am their leader."

Timeline

I had the same problem. My fiancee's middle name was misspelled. I sent her the same article as above. Unfortuantely I was not sure if we could get this done before the end of the year. I have been supporting her through nursing school and other expenses, daughter at $15,000 a year so I sure could use the tax deduction if we can get married before December 31, 2006.

We hired the lawyer who we got to get her out of her marriage. This is what he did. He petitioned the court, and is publishing for 3 weeks in the Newspaper where she was born so if anyone has any objections they can object. I would assume, if no one objects, that this should be a pretty straight forward procedure. Good luck. P.M. me if you want to know how the process is going.

Date I-129F Sent : 03/17/2006

Date I-129F NOA1: 04/03/2006

I-129F RFE(s) : 08/10/2006

I-129F RFE Reply(s) : 08/17/2006

Date I-129F NOA2 (Approved) : 08/18/2006

Date Package Received By NVC : 09/05/2006

Date Sent to Embassy: 09/18/2006 assigned number MNL2006743xxx

Date Embassy received 09/26/2006

letter-touched 10/17/2006

information on medical and interview 11/17/2006

Packet with Information 11/29/2006

Medical 1/12/2007

Interview 1/19/2007

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Try to call the NSO or go to the local office.

My brother used this method, the local NSO employee say it usually take less than a mo.

2. I recently applied for my birth certificate and upon receipt of my document, I found out that the first name is blank. How can this be corrected?

In order to supply the missing entry in your birth record, you have to file an application for a Supplemental Report at the Local Civil Registry Office (LCRO), where your birth was registered. You may have to bring supporting documents, e.g., baptismal certificate, school records, etc., as these may be required in filing the application for supplemental report. The LCRO will then be submitting a copy of the Supplemental Report to NSO, along with the civil registry documents they regularly transmit to the agency.

This procedure also applies for birth records with "Baby Boy" or "Baby Girl" written as the first name for births that occurred until 1992. For the years thereafter, 1993 to the current year, correction must be done through RA 9048 (Clerical Error Law).

It is the LCR's duty to send the supplemental report to NSO. I see that the LCR has done their part by sending a copy to NSO so all your fiancee needs to do now is to secure a copy of her birth certificate from the NSO and I'm sure that the copy she will get would show the amendments.

• 6 years later...
Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

My fiancee corrected her last name on her birth certificate with no problems but what do we do now to get her corrected birth certificate.

You request it from NSO. The copy she will receive will have an annotation. She can go directly to any NSO office or she can request via phone thru 737-1111 https://nsohelpline.com

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.