Wally G!

USCIS and NVC what is going on?? Help

26 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Don't worry wally we are the same situation, July 8th approved by USCIS and then until now we dont know our MNL case # yet :(

I have the same situation...NOA2 July 7, 2011 and i call NVC everyday , even today and they said they have no record...i called USCIS they told me wait 90 days as well... it's very frustrating becuz i sent my petition Dec 15th 2010 and now waiting for a case number and who knows how long we will have to wait for an interview....it seems like it's Vermont now...I also scan the petition and they responded by saying they will contact USCIS on my behalf...(that was 4 days ago)

Edited by iamvictorious

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi VJ Fam

Just an update on my progress with USCIS and NVC. I spoke with USCIS and NVC over several days. After getting feed the most contradicting information each call. I decided to do my homework more carefully by grilling USCIS. What I was told was that my case is forwarded to the Consulate in Manila and I need to contact them for more information and it could take up to 90 days for them to receive my I129f Package.

This a load of bunk!! All I129f petitions MUST go to National Visa Center first to be assigned a case number. This is for any I129f petition for any country. USCIS has messed up by printing or send my package to the consulate. Here is the kicker they have to start an investigation into wheres, whys and hows. This will take up to 2 weeks to process and email me there findings.

All those that have filed a I129F petition for Fiance(e) and your approved NOA2 states that it has been forwarded to the consulate without touching NVC first and being assigned and a case number. You need to call USCIS and question them.

Let them know that you have filed I129F petition for Fiance(e). If they say read me the first paragraph blah blah blah and they tell you that your petition has been forwarded to the consulate. Question them and ask does the Embassy in the country issue the case number for my approved petition. Also who is responsible and the agencies responsible for issuing the case numbers for approved I129F.

The script reading operator will then say they need to escalate to a USCIS officer. You need to repeat everything you just said to that script reading operator. The officer will then either tell you the same script or will open a service ticket for your case. Make sure to record the ticket number for reference. Now more waiting 2 weeks for an email response from USCIS.

Again if you have filed a I129F petition for Fiance(e) and have been approved and received your NOA2 letter and it states that it has been forwarded to the consulate immediately question this. Avoid the waiting we have been going through.

I am still waiting for that 2 week email from USCIS probably will receive it September 8th or around that time. Take in mind this is just to give the results of the investigation. We still need have it go to NVC and locate where in the world is the petition package!!!

This has been a journey so far of misinformation, confusion and frustration. They don't understand nor care about you as the person filing, its all paperwork. Remember you are the one filing for your love one. You must guard, protect and be vigilant about what you love in life.

Thanks again VJ and all members who have replied with there support and advise. I will continue to update on my progress.

Wally Greene

God Does for those who do for themselves..!!

Filed: Timeline

Guys i have more or less same Query, Mine was approved by USCIS on 2nd Aug and it reached to NVC on 12th Aug , i been calling them from sometime to check whent hey will send my docs to Embassy in singapore, the guy over phone told me not yet it is under additional processing what is this? its already 23rd aug today i heard normaly NVC send to Embassy within few days or a week is it a issue?

Timeline

i called NVC yesterday just to check if i had a case number..and no case number so i asked to speak to a supervisor...she told me that they dont have records of my case and told me that i may have to file a duplicate and to call USCIS...well i did and i spoke to an operator and she read the script.. after asking her so many questions she transfered me to a Tier 2...the Tier 2 lady told me that they do send the package to the Consulate but they have to wait for NVC to assign a case number and that it usually take 4-6 weeks for NVC to give a case number and that i should give them this week but she said for me not to file duplicate becuz that will be more money and it will take another 2 and half months...she also told me that she will put in a referral and i should hear from them in 14days that way they can let me know if the petition is still with them or NVC.

Timeline

Hello VJ

I have an update. I decide just to call today August 26th to NVC. The operator is now reading a new script to me. They ask me for my case number then my fiance date of birth and my date of birth. They confirmed my date of birth but now they are saying my fiancee's date of birth does not match and they can not give me any more information about this case. My fiance's date of birth is correct and matches all forms that i submitted to USCIS. Then the NOA1 has her birthday that matches all forms.

I call USCIS to see if they fowled this up by changing anything. They say if there was a discrepancy they would have request addition documentation from us. So its on NVC now making it delay even more. I need to have my fiance now scan here passport and send it to me via email. Then email it to nvcinquiry@state.gov. Some sausage finger clerk probably entered it in wrong to there system and not paying attention to what they are doing. Just amazing how backwards this system can be. they mess up and the petitioner has to foot the bill.

On a good note at least they have the petition there now. 51 days later the petition is at NVC.

Again i will keep you posted VJ as the robot operator said they cant give me any more information as my fiance date of birth does not match.

Wally Greene

Timeline

Finally after a long wait and back and forth. We have finally receive our case number from NVC. They are a bunch of jokers and lazy people.

Here is the story after i sent a scanned copy of my fiance's passport. I called on 8/30 to see if they corrected the birthday. The operator proceed to read me her script. Name of fiance and date of birth. I stated her name and correct date of birth. The operator then stated that it did not match what they have on record. Then the phone call conversation changed from helpful script to get off the phone i can not tell you anything about this case. Take in mind this case is my case that I paid for and waited and when through hell with USCIS and NVC retarded operators. Stonewall at this point!!!

So i waited until 9/1 to call but i came home from work and wala!! NVC mailed me the MNL Case number stating the case has been forwarded to the assigned consulate. So I decided to call them anyway to see if all is correct. Learning my listen from getting approved and thinking all is good. Then have to wait 56 days for a case number. I did not want to risk the same situation happening.

So i called. Operator same script name and date of birth for fiance. They still did not update her records. Same stone wall script. I can not discuss anything about this case as you have not provided correct information. So i proceed to tell the retarded operator that NVC has sent me the case number and letter stating it has been forward to the assign consulate. He then stated your case has been forwarded to the consulate and no long at NVC.

I stated i just want to verify all is correct. Retarded operator states " as you have not provided the correct information we can not discuss this case with you". Retard we just discussed this case!! Wow!!

So i proceed to get loud with the operator and he stated if i raise my voice again he will hang up with me. So i said i need to speak to a supervisor. 8 minutes later... Supervisor gets on the phone and tells same script but states that it's United States Law that if the information the petitioner provides does not match they can not discuss the case.

So i informed her of what the operator stated to me about hanging up the phone and she say if i would like to write an complaint. So I did and attached a second copy of my fiance passport.

Surprisingly by that afternoon I receive 4 different emails tell me that my case has a case number and has been sent to the consulate.

All in all this has been a journey of incompetence on USCIS and NVC. Each blaming each other and misleading me the petitioner. Operators with attitudes. My wife stressing and me stressing dealing with NVC and USCIS.

I am so happy again that we have received our MNL Case number.

US Embassy has received the electronic copy of the petition from NVC.

We will check next week with Manila US Embassy to see if they received the hard copy so we can set a interview date.

Thank You Again VJ Fam

Wally Greene

Timeline

Well, yesterday i received an email from USCIS stating that they routed my petition to the wrong location and sorry for any convience it may have caused. I called DOS today to see if there is anyway they can expedite it since it was USCIS fault and they said no...that i will have to wait 15 business days...and so forth. I told the lady i have waited almost 2 months and she told me "well others have waited longer"....so it seems like i am Starting all over...waiting for a case number..

Timeline

This how they do. We are just a number and so ink on a piece of paper in stake of papers. They do not see nor care about the feelings and love that is waiting for this process to go forward.

They mess up and you the petitioner and fiance have to pay with more time lost and apart from each other.

I wish I could do something to help make your process go forward faster.

We will say a prayer that your petition will have light speed on it to get to NVC.

I know your frustration!!

God Bless you

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

What is going on is that you are trying to get information in a way that they are not set for and have no intent or desire to do so.

When NVC completes your petition, they will send you a letter in the US mail with your MNL number and advising you it was forwarded to the consulate. Repeated calling them will only frustrate you. It is highly unlikely you will receive any accurate information over the the phone

It is extremely rare for a case to actually get lost, it is extremely common for people not to get answers from NVC

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.