matutay

ADOPTING BROTHER'S TWO KIDS

6 posts in this topic

HELLO ,

CAN I ADOPT MY BROTHER'S TWO KIDS?? MY BROTHERS HAS 5 KIDS.. HE AND HER LIVE IN PARTNER ARE NEVER BEEN A GOOD PARENTS TO MY NEPHEWS. MY ELDEST NEPHEW(14 YEARS OLD) WANTS ME TO ADOPT HIM AND BE AWAY FROM HIS UNMARRIED PARENTS. SAME THING WITH MY OTHER NEPHEW (10 YEARS OLD) ...BOTH OF THEM LOVE ME SO MUCH AND WANTS TO LIVE WITH ME IN THE US.

THEY LIVE WITH MY PARENTS SINCE THEIR BIRTH...THEY TREAT MY PARENTS LIKE THEIR PARENTS INSTEAD OF GRANDPARENTS.

MY NEPHEWS BOTH HATES PARENTS FOR NOT BEING A GOOD PROVIDER AND DEPENDING TO MY PARENTS FOR ALMOST 14 YEARS.MY PARENTS ARE THE ONE FEEDING THE KIDS,,PAY THE SCHOOL...I CAN SAY EVERYTHING,

WHAT ARE THE CHANCES FOR MY TWO NEPHEWS COME TO AMERICA AND LIVE WITH ME.

CAN MY PARENTS ADOPT THEM LEGALLY? AND HAVE MY PARENTS PETITION THEM ONCE THEY GOT THEIR CITIZENSHIP? OR CAN I PETITION MY TWO NEPHEWS AS A STUDENTS AND ADOPT THEM LEGALLY HERE??

HOPE YOU GUYS CAN ADVISE ME..

THANKS

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
HELLO ,

CAN I ADOPT MY BROTHER'S TWO KIDS?? MY BROTHERS HAS 5 KIDS.. HE AND HER LIVE IN PARTNER ARE NEVER BEEN A GOOD PARENTS TO MY NEPHEWS. MY ELDEST NEPHEW(14 YEARS OLD) WANTS ME TO ADOPT HIM AND BE AWAY FROM HIS UNMARRIED PARENTS. SAME THING WITH MY OTHER NEPHEW (10 YEARS OLD) ...BOTH OF THEM LOVE ME SO MUCH AND WANTS TO LIVE WITH ME IN THE US.

THEY LIVE WITH MY PARENTS SINCE THEIR BIRTH...THEY TREAT MY PARENTS LIKE THEIR PARENTS INSTEAD OF GRANDPARENTS.

MY NEPHEWS BOTH HATES PARENTS FOR NOT BEING A GOOD PROVIDER AND DEPENDING TO MY PARENTS FOR ALMOST 14 YEARS.MY PARENTS ARE THE ONE FEEDING THE KIDS,,PAY THE SCHOOL...I CAN SAY EVERYTHING,

CAN MY PARENTS ADOPT THEM LEGALLY? AND HAVE MY PARENTS PETITION THEM ONCE THEY GOT THEIR CITIZENSHIP? OR CAN I PETITION MY TWO NEPHEWS AS A STUDENTS AND ADOPT THEM LEGALLY HERE??

THANKS

Yes you could adopt them if it is allowed under the law of the country they live in... Can you bring your adoptive childeren to the USA only if you adopted them because the are orphens. If they have a parent alive then any application for immigration would be denied because USCIS would look on the adoption as a way to get around the immigration laws of the USA.

Tay

HELLO ,

THANKS

Yes you could adopt them if it is allowed under the law of the country they live in... Can you bring your adoptive childeren to the USA only if you adopted them because the are orphens. If they have a parent alive then any application for immigration would be denied because USCIS would look on the adoption as a way to get around the immigration laws of the USA.

Tay

HELLO TAY,

CAN MY PARENTS ADOPTS MY TWO NEPHEWS ?? MY NEPHEWS LIVES WITH MY PARENTS....

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
HELLO ,

THANKS

Tay

HELLO TAY,

CAN MY PARENTS ADOPTS MY TWO NEPHEWS ?? MY NEPHEWS LIVES WITH MY PARENTS....

If your parents were to adopt them they would still not be able to come to the USA through a petition from a greencard holder or a citizen if the childs parents are still alive. There is no way around the immigration laws.

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

USCIS is fully aware of people attempting to adopt their nephews and nieces so those children could get immigration visas. USCIS will not allow these children to get visas unless the children are orphans.

No one can petition for a nephew or niece. Allowing people to adopt their nephew or niece while the biological parents are alive is seen as a means to circumvent the immigration laws. Even if the adoption is legal in the foreign country, USCIS will not issue visas to these children because it is seen as a scam. I adopt my brother's kids so they can come to the US. However, they treat me as their uncle and not as their father. During the summer, they go home to visit their parents. USCIS is aware of these scams so it is incredibly hard to adopt a relative and seek an immigration visa for that relative.

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Country: China
Timeline

children must be adopted and live with the adoptive parents in their home country for some years before they are eligeable for immigration. their birth parents must be documentably unavailable, thru death, imprisonment, or some other equally significant circumstance.

obamasolyndrafleeced-lmao.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.