Kev (Canada/BC) & Kiki (USA/Oregon)

flag_usa_canada.gif

Married Nov. 27th, 2004

Done with USCIS until 2017!!

collage4.jpg

olivia12mo2.jpg

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

lol.. in elementary school i learned british english.. so i sometimes write colour or labour... and i hate being corrected, becuse its not wrong!!! or saying aluminium insteadd of aloominumh...

El Presidente of VJ

regalame una sonrisita con sabor a viento

tu eres mi vitamina del pecho mi fibra

tu eres todo lo que me equilibra,

un balance, lo que me conplementa

un masajito con sabor a menta,

Deutsch: Du machst das richtig

Wohnen Heute

3678632315_87c29a1112_m.jpgdancing-bear.gif

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Do you remember that cute smartie song? starts out like you said... when you eat the smarties do you eat the red ones last do you put them in your pocket....I forget the rest, wow what a childhood flashback. Thanks.
when you eat your smarties do you eat the red ones last, do you suck the very slowly or chrunch them very fast. When you eat your smarties do you eat the red ones last.

I think that's how it goes.

Feb. 15/ 07 --- GC approved

Nov. 17/09 -- I-751 sent (Day 1)

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
when you eat your smarties do you eat the red ones last? so you suck them very slowly or crunch them very fast? blah blah blah so tell me when i ask...when u eat your smartes do u eat the red ones last? !!!!!!!

sweet tea=non existant in canada

buscuits & gravy=non existant in canada

never had a corn muffin b4 I came here...when the waitress asked if i wanted busicuts or corn muffins with my meal and i replied 'whts a cornmuffin?' she looked at me like i was from another planet!!

I also learned to order hot tea so I dont end up with iced tea...and learned to ask for creamers because when i asked for milk to go with it...they brought me a glass of milk! heh

HUH :huh:, I find that sweet tea is hard to come by here in the States, at least here in the LA area..... I could find it anywhere in Canada :yes:

mvSuprise-hug.gif

One thing I haven't been able to find is eggroll sauce, the kind you'd get in a little ketchup type package. Is it called something else here?

it's called "duck sauce" here...don't ask me why.

f35qw2.gif

f35qif.gif

Click here to view our webpage!

jt179g.jpg

AOS Approved!! icon_woohoo.gif

Apply to remove conditions August 13, 2008!

Click here for our complete Immigration Timeline

2uhvevm.gif

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."--Author Unknown

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Do you remember that cute smartie song? starts out like you said... when you eat the smarties do you eat the red ones last do you put them in your pocket....I forget the rest, wow what a childhood flashback. Thanks.

when you eat your smarties do you eat the red ones last, do you suck the very slowly or chrunch them very fast. When you eat your smarties do you eat the red ones last.

I think that's how it goes.

when you eat your smarties do you eat the red ones last?

do you suck them very slowly

or crunch them very fast?

eat that candy-coated chocolate,

but tell me when I ask

when you eat your smarties do you eat the red ones last?

Not realizing they don't have them here the US I got quite a look from my (then) fiancé when I sang it at him expecting a nostalgic response... :lol:

Electricity is really just organized lightning.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
HUH :huh:, I find that sweet tea is hard to come by here in the States, at least here in the LA area..... I could find it anywhere in Canada :yes:

odd i never even heard of 'sweet tea' in canada, they serve it like water in the states. mostly the southern states. In canada all u can find is iced tea which is not sweet...i find myelf ordering icedd tea back home and adding sugar LOL. Ive been americanized!!!!

12/25/2001 : Met on telephone thanks to mutual friend

03/02/2001 : Met face to face at a concert in Sault Ste Marie Michigan

07/06/2004 : I-129F Sent

07/19/2004 : I-129F NOA1 (Receipt)

10/20/2004 : I-129F NOA2 (Approved)

11/01/2004 : Package Received By NVC

11/04/2004 : Rec'd Instructions (Pkt 3)

07/01/2005 : Completed Instructions (Pkt 3)

09/01/2005 : Rec'd Appointment Letter (Pkt 4)

11/07/2005 : Interview!!!

11/20/2005 : Visa Received

12/03/2005 : US Entry, finally home

02/04/2006 : Wedding !!!

02/13/2006 : AOS, AP & EAD filed

02/16/2006 : AOS, EAD & AP rec'd

02/24/2006 : NOA for AP rejected (I ticked wrong box duh0

02/27/2006 : NOA for AOS, EAD

03/13/2006 : Biometrics appt

03/05/2006 : amended AP application rec'd

03/09/2006 : NOA for AP

04/06/2006 : RFE for AOS (co-sponsor affidavit)

04/07/2006 : AP approved

04/13/2006 : AP recieved

05/25/2006 : EAD approved

05/29/2006 : used AP for the first time

06/01/2006 : EAD rec'd

07/04/2006 : AP used again to pick up my son, activated his visa (he was a follow to join)

07/13/2006 : AP touched ??? (possibly because I used it july 4th?)

08/01/2006 : Interview date

08/12/2006 : AOS touched

08/14/2006 : Gerrys biometrics

10/10/2006 : AOS interview for Gerry

10/28/2006, 11/11/2006, 11/18/2006, my AOS touched ; 10/12/2006,12/04/2006 : Gerry's AOS touched

12/07/2006 : AOS APPROVED !!!!!!!

12/16/2006 : GREEN CARDS IN HAND!

09/24/2008 : Apply for Removal of Conditions

09/26/2008 : 1 Yr Conditional Resident Extention

11/01/2008 : Biometrics for both of us

01/??/2009 : 10 Year Green Cards!!!

in america they ask you if you want a sack to put your purchases in.......it makes me laugh everytime i dunno why :lol:

Not everywhere. I have always heard 'bag' in the US.

"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies."

Senator Barack Obama
Senate Floor Speech on Public Debt
March 16, 2006

barack-cowboy-hat.jpg
90f.JPG

Filed: Timeline

I hated "zed" from the beginning, right when I moved here. It makes no sense! It's ZEE!

Also, this isn't a funny word but - mayo and fries *shudder* ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

24vs7qp.jpg

21ch82r.gif

"In our attempt to make everybody happy, we make nobody happy. And we lose elections." - Democratic activist Janice Griffin

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

odd i never even heard of 'sweet tea' in canada, they serve it like water in the states. mostly the southern states. In canada all u can find is iced tea which is not sweet...i find myelf ordering icedd tea back home and adding sugar LOL. Ive been americanized!!!!

The "iced tea" I have had in Canada has always been sweet :huh: Even the tea in the soda machines is usually not sweet down here :huh:

I have always said ZEE not ZED.... and I am Canadian and I pronounce it, "about" not "aboot"

Edited by MarilynP
mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

The "iced tea" I have had in Canada has always been sweet :huh: Even the tea in the soda machines is usually not sweet down here :huh:

I have always said ZEE not ZED.... and I am Canadian and I pronounce it, "about" not "aboot"

I had this discussion with Hubby about the tea. He said that in the US South (aka Deep South) and in Canada sweetened ice tea is the norm (i.e. 9 times out of 10 that's what you'd get). In the northern US it trends toward unsweetened. These are generalized of course, but he's been all over and that's what he's found.

Marilyn the whole aboot thing drives me nuts! hehe It seems that that's all anyone thinks of. Strangely enough the ones they get me for here are 'process' and 'sorry'.

Electricity is really just organized lightning.

Filed: Timeline

in america they ask you if you want a sack to put your purchases in.......it makes me laugh everytime i dunno why :lol:

Not everywhere. I have always heard 'bag' in the US.

Sack is funnier

"To be the man, you've got to beat the man. And I'm the man."

"Ladies....you can't be first but you can be next."

WOOOOOOOOOO!

Flair 3:16 means you just got chopped

"IV"

*Touched* - All night long...wooooo!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

It's so hard not to say "zed". I just find "zee" just sounds to close to "c" especially when you're spelling something over the phone. I'm surprised at how much it confuses the heck out of people when I say "zed". I didn't even realize I said it until I moved here.

I learnt the British way to spell things too...I've trained myself to write "check" instead of "cheque" eventhough it just pains me to see the "ck" ending. :wacko: I hate simplifying the words by taking out "u" in words such as colour, labour etc.

I found it funny that people here in NYC tell you "have a good one!". I thought only people in Calgary said that! I'd never heard it anywhere else. I was quite surprised!

Edited by Neja