tbouch

CFO Philippines

22 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
so did you have to attend two seminar?? PDOS and PRISM?

There is only one seminar.

CFO (Commission of Filipinos Overseas) seminar which is the Guidance and Counseling Program under P/DOS (Pre-Departure Orientation Seminar) conducted by PRISM (People's Reform Initiative for Social Mobilization, Inc.).

• 1 year later...

Here is a copy of an Instruction Sheet I requested from St Mary's for the CFO process for k1,k3,IR/CR1 Visa holders.

Note: St Mary's is actually above the MRT station Katipunan.

post-65394-1251829445_thumb.jpg

Regards,

Here is a copy of an Instruction Sheet I requested from St Mary's for the CFO process for k1,k3,IR/CR1 Visa holders.

Note: St Mary's is actually above the MRT station Katipunan.

post-65394-1251829445_thumb.jpg

Regards,

hey doug

very good info for the cfo for the op

abby n sheryl

Our time line for CR1 visa took only 5 months and 1 week or 156 days; from the filing the I-130 on the 03-12-2009 to Approval of NOA2 on the 05/13/2009, then Interview on the 08/18/2009 at Manila, Philippines. We had a daughter on the 11-12-2010 named AISHA JOY means HAPPY LIFE.a1_opt-1.jpga2_opt-1.jpga3_opt-1.jpg

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

CFO is only available at Cebu and Manila.

It's way easy if your fiancee already has her passport and visa while attending the CFO in that way she doesn't have to come back for the CFO stamp.

NOTE: She cannot leave the country if she can't attend the CFO seminar.

The FBI background check is usually done while your visa is being processed. (Please correct me if I'm wrong.)

Petitioner's background is always checked.

SDYlm4.png

-=MY TIMELINE=-

K1 IR-5 (Dad)

01.05.09 - Medical

01.09.09 - Embassy Interview 11.25.13 - Mailed I-130 to Chicago Lockbox

01.17.09 - Visa rec'd 11.26.13 - Packet rec'd

02.03.09 - US Entry (POE: LAX) 11.27.13 - Check cashed

02.18.09 - Wedding 12.01.13 - NOA1 (Transfer to VSC

AOS 01.12.14 - NOA2 (Transfer to NVC)

03.02.09 - Applied for SSN on 2/27;SSN rec'd in mail 02.24.14 - NVC changed # to MNL

03.20.09 - AOS sent to Chicago via USPS 02.27.14 - DS 261 submitted

03.23.09 - AOS Package rec'd @ Chicago 03.04.14 - AOS fee paid; showed paid status on 3/6

07.06.09 - Welcome letter rec'd = FINALLY! 03.10.14 - AOS packet sent

07.09.09 - 10-YR GC rec'd.. odd? 03.12.14 - AOS packet delivered

I-751 03.17.14 - Rec'd IV bill invoice

04.04.11 - Infopass re:10-yr GC 03.18.14 - IV Fee paid; showed paid status on 3/20

04.09.11 - I-751 packet sent to VSC; delivered on 4/11 03.23.14 - DS 260 submitted online

04.22.11 - Check cashed; Rec'd NOA on 4/23 03.28.14 - Rec'd AOS checklist via email

06.27.11 - Rec'd bio appt in the mail:EB 07/08 (walk-in) 03.31.14 - Mailed checklist with corections

12.13.11 - I-751 approved 04.01.14 - Mailed civil documents

12.19.11 - 10-yr GC rec'd 04.03.14 - Civil docs delivered

N-400 04.07.14 - Advance Medical--PASSED!Done in 1 day

04.17.12 - N400 packet sent to TX Lockbox: REJECTED 04.18.14 - False IV checklist rec'd

05.17.12 - N400 resent to Lewisville,TX 04.23.14 - IV checklist re:Qatar PCC

05.23.12 - Check cashed; Rec'd NOA on 5/26 05.05.14 - Qatar PCC sent to NVC

06.01.12 - Rec'd bio appt in the mail:EB 06/11 instead of 6/21 06.05.14 - Case completed

07.09.12 - Rec'd interview letter for 8/14 @ 2PM 07.16.14 - Interview rescheduled due to Typhoon Glenda

08.14.12 - PASSED Interview; awaiting oath letter 07.31.14 - Interview @ USEM: APPROVED

10.01.12 - Rec'd Oath Letter 08.05.14 - Visa on hand

10.12.12 - Oath ceremony! I'm finally a USC! 08.27.14 - POE: LAX

09.08.14 - SSN in mail

09.15.14 - ELIS status changed to OPTIMIZED

09.22.14 - ELIS status CLOSED

09.26.14 - GC received

I was at DFA today to have my machine readable passport changed to my USC spouse's family name. (I used their online appointment system to do this, and it was fairly painless...all I had to do was show up at the appointed time...the whole process took an hour and 40 minutes in my case...paid the extra Php 250 for the expedited process of 7 days plus the Php 99 to have it delivered to my doorstep.)

Two of the requirements I had to present were the blue and green CFO certificates I had to obtain from SMEF-COW and CFO, respectively. These requirements are strictly for Filipina spouses who wish to hve their foreign spouse's family name appear on their passport.

Later, when I get my visa, I have to return to SMEF-COW to attend the Pre-Departure Orientation Seminar (PDOS) so I can get the CFO sticker for me and my daughter (she is 10, I was advised that she is exempted from attending, I just have to bring her passport with the visa inserted). Luckily, if you are married to a USC spouse, the seminars are available every day (Mon to Fri)...however, due to the volume of attendees, you have to book it 5 days before the intended date.

Your girl can get the blue and green CFO certificates even before your K1 or K3 visa is issued...but she would have to return after her K1 visa is issued to get her CFO sticker...better for her to just go when she has the visa...she won't need the blue and green certificates anytime soon.

She just has to attend the Guidance and Counseling session at either PRISM or SMEF-COW (I went to the latter, I arrived before 10am and I was out by 12:30...paid Php 250 for the SMEF-COW guidance counseling and Php 400 for the CFO green certificate...got both the same day, no problem...no need to make an appointment, but she will have to set aside an average 3 hours of her time.)

If your girl is trying to apply for a passport for the first time, and you guys are not married yet, she is not required to present the blue and green certificates when she is applying for a Philippine passport.

She would only be required to present the statutory requirements for applying for a Philippine passport, which can be found on the DFA website.

Down the road, when you guys get married, and she wishes to have her Philippine passport amended to show she is married to you, only then she will she need the blue and green certificates (which she will get anyway as a direct result of attending the SMEF-COW or PRISM Guidance and Counseling session).

Hope this helps.

Edited by marriedtomrg

Be smart, have a plan, and hang on to the people you love. - Chris Gardner

N-400 Timeline

02-23-2018: Sent N-400 Application online

02-23-2018: Date on NOA, retrieved from online account

02-23-2018: Date on Biometrics Appointment Letter (Biometrics Appointment at Jacksonville ASC on March 13, 10:00 a.m.)

03-08-2018: Biometrics complete

04-05-2018: Case status updated - Interview Scheduled on May 10, 2018, 10:15 a.m. :D

05-10-2018: Citizenship Interview - Passed English and Civics Tests, Recommended for Approval! :D 

06-19-2018: Received email and text notification: Naturalization Ceremony Scheduled; waited for letter to be uploaded on online account - it has been set on Wednesday, July 25, 3:00 p.m.

07-25-2018: I am now a U.S. Citizen!

K3-K4 Journey.txt

• 2 years later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Here is the official site

<a href="http://www.cfo.gov.ph" target="_blank">www.cfo.gov.ph</a>

Good luck and God speed

I will have my seminar tomorrow morning and still confused about where can I get Immigrant Data Summary? What does it looks like?Thank u !

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

I will have my seminar tomorrow morning and still confused about where can I get Immigrant Data Summary? What does it looks like?Thank u !

Never heard of CFO asking for that.

CFO:

http://www.cfo.gov.ph/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1348:fiancee-spouses-and-other-partners-of-foreign-nationals&catid=140#ThirdA

Required documents & "OTHER DOCUMENTS" they ask for at CFO: copies of; CENOMAR, certified birth certificate, bio page of passport, visa page from passport, pictures together, from USC - bio page of passport, birth certificate, divorce decree (if been married before) are the most common. The "other documents" clause can be ANYTHING with those nit-wits at CFO.

** From the Family Code of the Philippines: it's 21-25 years old for advice and 18-21 years old for consent.

Art. 14. In case either or both of the contracting parties, not having been emancipated by a previous marriage, are between the ages of eighteen and twenty-one, they shall, in addition to the requirements of the preceding articles, exhibit to the local civil registrar, the consent to their marriage of their father, mother, surviving parent or guardian, or persons having legal charge of them, in the order mentioned. Such consent shall be manifested in writing by the interested party, who personally appears before the proper local civil registrar, or in the form of an affidavit made in the presence of two witnesses and attested before any official authorized by law to administer oaths. The personal manifestation shall be recorded in both applications for marriage license, and the affidavit, if one is executed instead, shall be attached to said applications. (61a)

Art. 15. Any contracting party between the age of twenty-one and twenty-five shall be obliged to ask their parents or guardian for advice upon the intended marriage. If they do not obtain such advice, or if it be unfavorable, the marriage license shall not be issued till after three months following the completion of the publication of the application therefor.A sworn statement by the contracting parties to the effect that such advice has been sought,together with the written advice given, if any, shall be attached to the application for marriage license. Should the parents or guardian refuse to give any advice, this fact shall be stated in the sworn statement.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.