apgk

Russian movies online?

24 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

How technology has changed in four years...

Netflix has a decent selection of Russian language films for streaming. Recently, I have been using Amazon Instant Video. That said, I just saw that they have Brother (the Sergey Bodrov film) available for rent/buy on Amazon. I saw that one on Netflix. I think there are a few options for you but I can't say which one will be more economical for you. Amazon does have new content available for purchase but I think Netflix is overall cheaper (depending on your viewing habits). I know my wife has some site where she watches Univer all the time so there is other 'free' avenues.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Too lazy to read if it's been posted before, but here's the link to some movies: http://www.youtube.com/user/mosfilm

Слава Україні!

--------------------
Full Timeline

chimpanzee.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

My wife uses www.vk.com and then she just uses www.google.com.ua and searches with the Russian alphabet to find movies.

Ukraine babes rule!

Make sure you update your timeline!

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

As a russian-american living in USA for over 15 years I recommend 2 ways only, and both are streaming. One is video.yandex.ru, just type the name of the movie and it typically finds it (better for the non-russian fluent people), and vk.com (like russian facebook): this one is more for russian fluent and it does has latest titles too.

The reason I do not recommend downloading through any mean while physically in USA is copyright infringement. I work for Verizon and I can tell you that there are ways to catch pirates, and if the copyright owner wants to prosecute - they will and Verizon will help for sure. Cable companies are somewhat easier, but I have unconfirmed reports of Charter and Comcast doing exact same thing. Knowing how they exactly they catch people I stopped file sharing altogether.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

My fiancee is finding some old movies and TV series on youtube... she wants me to see them because they have been around forever in Russian homes and they still watch them. The cool thing is they have English subtitles that can be turned off and on. So we are building a playlist of things to watch together when she gets here... And by the way, we stream them to the XBox360 to watch on TV.

Now if we could just find all the "Interns" episodes with subtitles. Its quite funny and I like watching them, but rather not stop for translations every 15 seconds. Takes 1.5 hrs to watch a 30 minute show.

K1 VISA / I129F

Vermont Service Center

Received: 1/19/2012

NOA1: 1/23/2012

Touched: 2/9/2012

NOA2: 7/30/2012

NVC Received: 08/08/2012

NVC Fwd To Consulate: 08/10/2012

Notification From Embassy: 08/27/2012

Interview: 09/25/2012 (Approved)

POE: 10/22/2012

Wedding: 10/26/2012

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.