atlus

Another Physical address / mailing address question

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

I have looked around the forum about this question and there are many information about addresses but I cannot find any information regarding my question. Can I use family or friends home as my physical address and have them send any mail while they process the K-1 visa to me in Thailand?

Because of my job my physical address is complicated and so I would rather use family or a friends home address as apart of my past 5 year history physical addresses. My mailing address is always 2 mailboxes one in WA one in AK.

The  I-129f wants my physical address for the last five years and because I am a commercial pilot, i live out of hotels from USA to Thailand. I did have a apartment in Seattle in 2014 but after i left that apartment i have been traveling. I  don't even know the addresses from hotel to hotel from 2014 until now. 
So can i just you my friends or brothers home as my physical address and my mailing address is my mailboxes. My address in November will be Siam Heritage Hotel in Bangkok until May that is were i can receive my mail this winter. 
It would be easy to use family or friends home address for my 5 year history except 2013-2014 i can use my past Seattle apartment. 
For USCIS to send me mail while they process the K-1 visa they could use the hotel in Bangkok. 

Thank you for any information. 

Van & Zaw

Edited by atlus

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
1 hour ago, atlus said:

I have looked around the forum about this question and there are many information about addresses but I cannot find any information regarding my question. Can I use family or friends home as my physical address and have them send any mail while they process the K-1 visa to me in Thailand?

Because of my job my physical address is complicated and so I would rather use family or a friends home address as apart of my past 5 year history physical addresses. My mailing address is always 2 mailboxes one in WA one in AK.

The  I-129f wants my physical address for the last five years and because I am a commercial pilot, i live out of hotels from USA to Thailand. I did have a apartment in Seattle in 2014 but after i left that apartment i have been traveling. I  don't even know the addresses from hotel to hotel from 2014 until now. 
So can i just you my friends or brothers home as my physical address and my mailing address is my mailboxes. My address in November will be Siam Heritage Hotel in Bangkok until May that is were i can receive my mail this winter. 
It would be easy to use family or friends home address for my 5 year history except 2013-2014 i can use my past Seattle apartment. 
For USCIS to send me mail while they process the K-1 visa they could use the hotel in Bangkok. 

Van & Zaw

Since you said you will be on and off in different places because of your profession, you will need to provide a permanent address so that USCIS can send you mails. Once thing to understand is the timeframe for I-129F takes anywhere between 3-5 months so you should not miss any mail from them. Even though you are out of the US for a few weeks or days because of your job you will need to ask someone to keep your mails safely until you return. You may use one physical address in WA or AK for all USCIS processes. Also no matter where you are you may still use online case status to know the status of your case. 

K-1 (I-129F):

15-Jul-2016- I-129F filed

17-Mar-2017- Interview

19-APR-2017- K-1 Visa Approved

Adjustment of Status (I-485 & I-765):

07-AUG-2017- Date filed

14-AUG-2017- NOA1

04-MAY-2018- AOS interview/Approved

Lifting Conditions (I-751):

01-May-2020- Date filed

04-May-2020- NOA1

16-Sep-2021- Approved/No interview

Naturalization (N-400):

23-Feb-2023: Filed online

23-Feb-2023: NOA1

15-Mar-2023: Biometrics

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Aviinashh said:

Since you said you will be on and off in different places because of your profession, you will need to provide a permanent address so that USCIS can send you mails. Once thing to understand is the timeframe for I-129F takes anywhere between 3-5 months so you should not miss any mail from them. Even though you are out of the US for a few weeks or days because of your job you will need to ask someone to keep your mails safely until you return. You may use one physical address in WA or AK for all USCIS processes. Also no matter where you are you may still use online case status to know the status of your case. 

Thank you

Every year I am in Thailand for around 6-7 months and I rent a condo while i am there and my Fiance works at Siam Heritage Hotel in Bangkok which would be a great place for them to mail me any communication and notices, and as you said i can use one of my physical addresses from WA or AK so I think it would be easier to use WA because i had appartment in 2013-14 and also my friends home on WA i stay there alot so his house would be good for current physical address and use Thailand to send notices and my Fiance would receive them until i get there.

I think this idea might work so use my past WA apartment and my friends house for physical address and mailing addresses would be were ever I will be this winter which is Bangkok ;-)

I hope that would work or my friend can send my mail.

Thank you ;-) .

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
On ‎10‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 12:56 PM, atlus said:

Van & Zaw

You just need one address that represent where you receive mail for example. Street address is better than P O box. Use what you consider domicile in the USA. Do not use a Thai address as home unless you were a legal resident there. 

Timeline
4 hours ago, Ning said:

You just need one address that represent where you receive mail for example. Street address is better than P O box. Use what you consider domicile in the USA. Do not use a Thai address as home unless you were a legal resident there. 

Ok,

I will use my Alaska Mailbox Extra box and they can forward my mail to my  condo in Thailand or my Fiance's work. I think this is a good idea. I will be in Thailand for 7 months so my mailbox can forward my mail but as for my physical address i will you my friends home also i will use his home for my last 5 years of history.

I think this will work .

Mailbox Extra will forward my mail to were i am staying in Thailand and use my friends home as my physical address for 5 year history .

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.