Michael Zamot

Approved but Ready on CEAC

11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Costa Rica
Timeline

Hello,

ON Sept 25th we had the interview and we were approved! :D

But checking on CEAC, our case was touched on 26th, but since that day it's on Ready: "Your case is ready for your interview when scheduled at the U.S. Consular section. If you have already scheduled an appointment for an interview, please prepare your documents as directed in your appointment letter and appear at the consulate on the appointed date and time. "

Usually how long does it stay in this status?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Costa Rica
Timeline

Hi, I´m Jacqueline too and from Costa Rica too :) 

one of my friends told me that it does not matter what it says because they forget to update it sometimes. You could get your visa and it would say the same. 

Congratulations to you and your tica :)

31-08-2017 ---   I-129F SENT

Timeline
On 10/2/2017 at 6:35 PM, jackyjimenez said:

Hi, I´m Jacqueline too and from Costa Rica too :) 

one of my friends told me that it does not matter what it says because they forget to update it sometimes. You could get your visa and it would say the same. 

Congratulations to you and your tica :)

Of course it matters, embassy has the passport!

8 days and still in Ready. Last time case was "touched" was one day after the interview.

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Called the embassy yesterday.

The person on the phone added a note to the case so a supervisor could look at it ASAP. So the case was updated yesterday, and checking today morning, it was "touched" today too (probably the supervisor).

But still on Ready.

On ‎10‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 6:25 PM, Michael Zamot said:

Hello,

ON Sept 25th we had the interview and we were approved! :D

But checking on CEAC, our case was touched on 26th, but since that day it's on Ready: "Your case is ready for your interview when scheduled at the U.S. Consular section. If you have already scheduled an appointment for an interview, please prepare your documents as directed in your appointment letter and appear at the consulate on the appointed date and time. "

Usually how long does it stay in this status?

You had the k-1 interview on Sept 25th and were approved and you don't have your visa yet?  Something is off.  My wife had the passport back 3 days after approval.  I didn't check the website anymore after the interview,  because I didn't care what some website says.

Edited by Eric-Pris

Timeline
Just now, Eric-Pris said:

You had the k-1 interview and were approved and you don't have your visa yet.  My wife had it 3 days after approval.  I didn't check the website because I didn't care what some website says.

That's great! Unfortunately, the embassy still has the passport :-(

2 minutes ago, Michael Zamot said:

That's great! Unfortunately, the embassy still has the passport :-(

Did you ask when you'll get the passport back?  Forget putting notes on the file.  Talk to an actual CO, not the lady who answers the phone.  She's really nice but doesn't know squat.

Edited by Eric-Pris

Timeline
Just now, Eric-Pris said:

Did you ask when you'll get the passport back?  Forget putting notes on the file.  Talk to an actual C, not the lady who answers the phone.  She's really nice but doesn't know squat.

We need to call again. Initially they were just giving us a number to call (an automated call center) but after calling multiple times and insisting, they transfer us to this agent who added the note.

Will be calling again tomorrow, insisting even more, and if not successful, I will write to my Representative from Washington State.

Timeline

Called again, they told me there was a background check running and visa should be issues in less than a week.

After a couple of hours after the call, the status changed from Ready to "Application Received", and from Immigration Visa, to "Non immigrant Visa".

So I guess that's good.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.