marmoh

K1 Visa Cairo AP Status now

191 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

is anyone waiting on their K1 Visa case in Cairo and are in AP status? We started everything from November 2016 and had our interview in May 2017 and are in AP Status ever since, I heard it can take a very long time, anyone care to share their experience. Thanks  

Timeline

Hello everyone,

we are in the same boat, my fiance had her interview back on June 6th and the CO handed the passport back to her and asked for additional docs (Viber History and Family registration (which is wired why he asked for that) but all docs was received by embassy on June 12. does anyone here was asked for additional docs and how long have been waiting??

Thanks,

Yasser

22 hours ago, marmoh said:

is anyone waiting on their K1 Visa case in Cairo and are in AP status? We started everything from November 2016 and had our interview in May 2017 and are in AP Status ever since, I heard it can take a very long time, anyone care to share their experience. Thanks  

Hello,

have you tried to contact the embassy?

Timeline

Hello,

we applied back on November too, my fiance had her interview June 6. the CO asked for Viber history and Family Registration (keed 3aaly) which I don't understand why he asked for that. He gave her the passport back and a paper with the requested documents and they received them June 12 and haven't heard anything since then. I keep emailing them but I get the same respond every time except when we asked if they received the docs and they responded with yes and that was back in June. is it true what someone here said that the CO do not look at the case if it's under AP untill after 4 month pass by??

Thanks,

Yasser&Neveen

Timeline
On 8/6/2017 at 3:19 PM, marmoh said:

Hello,

we applied back on November too, my fiance had her interview June 6. the CO asked for Viber history and Family Registration (keed 3aaly) which I don't understand why he asked for that. He gave her the passport back and a paper with the requested documents and they received them June 12 and haven't heard anything since then. I keep emailing them but I get the same respond every time except when we asked if they received the docs and they responded with yes and that was back in June. is it true what someone here said that the CO do not look at the case if it's under AP untill after 4 month pass by??

Thanks,

Yasser&Neveen

Timeline
On 8/6/2017 at 6:34 PM, Hq1987 said:

Did the CO say that you are approved? Did he/she keep your passport? 

I'm the petitioner my fiance is the beneficiary they did not keep his passport and did not say we are approved either except ask for his family registry and that was an item they didn't tell us to bring, but they took 2 photos that supposedly going on the visa maybe when he gets the visa?

Timeline
1 hour ago, Yasser&Neveen said:

Hello,

Thanks,

Yasser&Neveen

Hey yasser&nevermind

Yep same here they ask for my fiance his family registry which was not an item told to us to bring to them in the first place and we have it to them in June too. I am not sure about the waiting 4 months later to look at AP cases, but in the states here I was told the embassy have to consider from the date of that ur fiance went to get his/her medical exam done because it will expire 6 months later and they should make a decision mostly before that expired, if the medical exam expires before they approve the k1 visa then I don't know what they will do either, worst is if they make u pay again for the medical exam or anything because it took them too long, I think they should not make anyone pay for anything that expired because they took awhile to approve. 

Timeline

Welcome to the club, @Yasser&Neveen and @marmoh.

I hate to be the barer of bad news, but it is true that this delay is affecting everyone.

I think I'm the first to face this since my interview was back in November 2016.

AP: Yes, it might be very true that your case will not be looked at until 4 months pass. And the reason is simple: AP is a very low priority at embassy level, and delaying helps to decrease work load (this is merely strategic).

Medical exam: After 4 months, if they approve your case during AP, medical exam will expire, and they call you on your cell phone to renew it (and probably send the passport with it, just like they did with me and others here), and of course you'll have to repay.

The only good thing about this is that you will receive the second and final dose of vaccination (which you were supposed to receive in the states, and probably pay for in USD, and it's considerably cheaper than in the US).

Your vaccination record will include this update, and will conclude that you no longer need any further examinations/vaccinations.

(This is probably limited to K-1 applicants, because the vaccinations record is required for the Adjustment of Status petition)

We have several topics about all of this that will have several information for you to get through this and understand the entire process. See the links below:

1- Starting at Page 80:

2- Our K-1 AP related thread.

Please, update your timeline here so that we're able to see the progress of your cases.

If you have any questions, you can also post there and/or message me directly.

Timeline
17 hours ago, marmoh said:

Hey yasser&nevermind

Yep same here they ask for my fiance his family registry which was not an item told to us to bring to them in the first place and we have it to them in June too. I am not sure about the waiting 4 months later to look at AP cases, but in the states here I was told the embassy have to consider from the date of that ur fiance went to get his/her medical exam done because it will expire 6 months later and they should make a decision mostly before that expired, if the medical exam expires before they approve the k1 visa then I don't know what they will do either, worst is if they make u pay again for the medical exam or anything because it took them too long, I think they should not make anyone pay for anything that expired because they took awhile to approve. 

Hello,

was your fiance married before? when my fiance asked why he needs the family registry she was told to know her marital status because she has been divorced 16 years ago even though we submitted her divorce certificate. it's just frustrating that no one is giving any information when you contact them.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hi guys, any advice on what my fiance should bring with him to the interview? he has his soon. 

So far I am seeing that he should bring a family history document and our viber log, should he screenshot it or is there another way they want it? And I am assuming he should print the log. We are also going to print conversations we have had through whatsapp, facebook messenger, viber, etc. 

Any other items that are not "known" that they ask for. 

I am divorced, he isnt but I am the petitioner, he will have my divorce decree with him, I don't know if there is something else we should include?

Timeline
5 hours ago, Yasser&Neveen said:

Hello,

was your fiance married before? when my fiance asked why he needs the family registry she was told to know her marital status because she has been divorced 16 years ago even though we submitted her divorce certificate. it's just frustrating that no one is giving any information when you contact them.

No he never married before, but we provided them his family registry. I would think it would just take a couple clicks to figure the marital status out. Yes frustrating and not giving any info. What did they say when u call them?

Timeline
4 hours ago, hy2016 said:

Hi guys, any advice on what my fiance should bring with him to the interview? he has his soon. 

So far I am seeing that he should bring a family history document and our viber log, should he screenshot it or is there another way they want it? And I am assuming he should print the log. We are also going to print conversations we have had through whatsapp, facebook messenger, viber, etc. 

Any other items that are not "known" that they ask for. 

I am divorced, he isnt but I am the petitioner, he will have my divorce decree with him, I don't know if there is something else we should include?

To be prepared is the best thing you can do, indeed.

It's not required but better be prepared for sure, get these 1~2 weeks ahead of the interview:

1-Family registry and

2-Individual registry.

3-Photos (this is the best proof), chat logs (or screenshots)

Is there a big age different? If yes, or you have short face-to-face time/visits, then you will surely need to prove your true intentions to marry for real.

Note that the CO will not necessarily look at any evidence or ask for any, so be prepared to present to him (especially the photos).

You can extract the text from WhatsApp and any other platform, if you have computer skills. But screenshoot several pages and you'll be fine.

If you can compile 1000 pages of emails, chat logs and phone logs. Pick 10~30 pages of most recent (keep a variety of dates) logs from each, and print up 100+ pages of those.

If you can attend the interview with him (THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT AND HIGHLY RECOMMENDED), he has to notify the embassy after the interview is scheduled that you're going to accompany him.

Note that you want to minimize all red flags, being there with him will help. It might be difficult but I'd say suffer a little now so you don't suffer much later (with the AP process).

Enjoy =)

Timeline
6 hours ago, Yasser&Neveen said:

Hello,

29 minutes ago, marmoh said:

No he never married before, but we provided them his family registry. I would think it would just take a couple clicks to figure the marital status out. Yes frustrating and not giving any info. What did they say when u call them?

Guys, simply note this: family registry and individual registry is merely because you have red flags on your case and they want to queue your case in AP, and/or they just want your head to spin. It's true.

But, every case is different too, so all you have to do now is wait.

All of you here are on K-1 visas, just like me. And I've been on AP for 8 months since interview. It's baaad.

So just be patient.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
35 minutes ago, Super Uber said:

To be prepared is the best thing you can do, indeed.

It's not required but better be prepared for sure, get these 1~2 weeks ahead of the interview:

1-Family registry and

2-Individual registry.

3-Photos (this is the best proof), chat logs (or screenshots)

Is there a big age different? If yes, or you have short face-to-face time/visits, then you will surely need to prove your true intentions to marry for real.

Note that the CO will not necessarily look at any evidence or ask for any, so be prepared to present to him (especially the photos).

You can extract the text from WhatsApp and any other platform, if you have computer skills. But screenshoot several pages and you'll be fine.

If you can compile 1000 pages of emails, chat logs and phone logs. Pick 10~30 pages of most recent (keep a variety of dates) logs from each, and print up 100+ pages of those.

If you can attend the interview with him (THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT AND HIGHLY RECOMMENDED), he has to notify the embassy after the interview is scheduled that you're going to accompany him.

Note that you want to minimize all red flags, being there with him will help. It might be difficult but I'd say suffer a little now so you don't suffer much later (with the AP process).

Enjoy =)

No age difference, we are both Egyptians and j am Egyptian American, same religion. Do you think there is a better chance we get approved if I go with him? Does it make that big of a difference?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.