KOI

NOA1 misplaced

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline

Hola - at the time when I received the NOA1 because it just showed a message stating if address change to notify them, so I just assumed it wasn't that important..is it important to have it? and can I get a replacement if I need do need to have it? 

Thanks!

K1 Visa
Event Date
Service Center : California Service Center
Transferred? No
Consulate : United Arab Emirates
I-129F Sent : 2017-03-31
I-129F NOA1 : 2017-04-06
I-129F RFE(s) : 2017-08-08
RFE Reply(s) : 2017-08-18
I-129F NOA2 : 2017-09-07
NVC Received : 2017-09-28
Date Case #, IIN, and BIN assigned : 2017-09-28
NVC Left : 2017-10-01
Consulate Received : 2017-10-03

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
4 minutes ago, KOI said:

Hola - at the time when I received the NOA1 because it just showed a message stating if address change to notify them, so I just assumed it wasn't that important..is it important to have it? and can I get a replacement if I need do need to have it? 

Thanks!

I believe the NOA1 is just a receipt notice (though it does have the information necessary to inquire about your case if you need to down the road). However, if it's still the same procedure as a couple years ago, then the NOA2 is important for AOS later (and I think there's an expensive replacement fee of several hundred dollars for that one) and it's good to start a folder now to keep track of all official correspondence from USCIS, as this process will be going on for a long time with the K-1, AOS, ROC, and naturalization if you choose it. Hold onto everything, whether it "seems" important or not. A good habit that I picked up from someone on here years ago was to immediately photocopy every notice I received from USCIS, keep the originals and photocopies in two separate places, and scan the original so I had it saved to my hard drive as well. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline

Thanks guys, still haven't received NOA2 yet, but just wanted to make sure nothing will be off when I do receive it :)

K1 Visa
Event Date
Service Center : California Service Center
Transferred? No
Consulate : United Arab Emirates
I-129F Sent : 2017-03-31
I-129F NOA1 : 2017-04-06
I-129F RFE(s) : 2017-08-08
RFE Reply(s) : 2017-08-18
I-129F NOA2 : 2017-09-07
NVC Received : 2017-09-28
Date Case #, IIN, and BIN assigned : 2017-09-28
NVC Left : 2017-10-01
Consulate Received : 2017-10-03

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.