5 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hi

When I check the status of my case the website claims on march 6 2017  they received my application, however on my receipt "notice date" is march 23. When I check processing time. It says on April 30, they are processing cases from 16 of jan, which is about 105 days. Should I be excepting my travel document anytime soon or not? I have travel plans in the end of august

thanks!

Edited by Jimprice94

is the March 23 date the date the letter was sent, or does the letter (dated March 23) say that they received your petition on March 6?

Once your petition reaches 75 days, you can call to inquire about your case. At this point, you have reached 75+ days on both counts, so I'd give them a call.

Filed: Other Country: Egypt
Timeline
3 hours ago, DrEllaNJ said:

is the March 23 date the date the letter was sent, or does the letter (dated March 23) say that they received your petition on March 6?

Once your petition reaches 75 days, you can call to inquire about your case. At this point, you have reached 75+ days on both counts, so I'd give them a call.

The letter is dated march 23 , I called, the guy basically told me the same thing on the website. The website states, for processing time  updated as of April 30, they were working on cases from Jan 16. In traveling on august 18th. Should I be concerned ?

Edited by Jimprice94

fill in your VJ timeline. That will get you an estimate based on other VJ members' experiences, which tend to be more up-to-date and accurate.

did they not put an inquiry in? No guarantee that will speed up things, but it may.

actually, you can see here that based on VJ members' data, they're currently processing applications dated 3/21. So you should be OK, unless there's an RFEhttp://www.visajourney.com/content/times/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.