Mykids2017

On Form I-485 written in red ink Action completed, approved for filing

12 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hi guys,

My kids NOA receipt notice for Form I-485 was returned to USCIS by the post office. However, they sent it out again which I received today. On the notice written in red ink "ACTION COMPLETED APPROVED FOR FILING" what does this mean. Has anyone ever received this? It also has in red NBC (where our case is currently at) and a date of March 16, 2016 also initials. Please advise

Edited by Mykids2017

57 minutes ago, Mykids2017 said:

This is the stamp I'm inquiring about.

IMG_0065.JPG

Whatever it is it's good news.  I found someone asking the same question https://www.avvo.com/legal-answers/i-got-two-i-797c--notice-with-the-stamp-in-red--ac-1917412.html

Timeline
3 minutes ago, MattyUK said:

Whatever it is it's good news.  I found someone asking the same question https://www.avvo.com/legal-answers/i-got-two-i-797c--notice-with-the-stamp-in-red--ac-1917412.html

I need all the good news I can get lol....thanks for the link 

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Ariannaaams said:

Have you heard anything back yet? My husband recieved the same stamp but dated April 10th, 2017! 

They said it's internal message to note that since the original document was returned by the post office they have since sent it out again so that's the "action completed" they're referring to. There hasn't been any further updates on the case

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline
On 4/14/2017 at 8:05 AM, Leo & Angie said:

They said it's internal message to note that since the original document was returned by the post office they have since sent it out again so that's the "action completed" they're referring to. There hasn't been any further updates on the case

Any good news?!

Timeline
1 hour ago, Ariannaaams said:

Any good news?!

Thursday the case updated to say card has been ordered for EAD/AP.....I-485 went from initial review status to card/document production status. To be honest I'm confused about how the cases are updated without us getting approval notices. But I'm just watching and waiting. Any news on your husband case?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline
On 4/29/2017 at 3:43 PM, Mykids2017 said:

Thursday the case updated to say card has been ordered for EAD/AP.....I-485 went from initial review status to card/document production status. To be honest I'm confused about how the cases are updated without us getting approval notices. But I'm just watching and waiting. Any news on your husband case?

On APril 21st the Post Office returned the letter to USCIS as it was "undeliverable" so on the 27th, it was resent. I have not recieved the letter yet. I am confused about that too, im sure thw biometrics appointment will be coming in for you soon. 

Timeline
8 hours ago, Ariannaaams said:

On APril 21st the Post Office returned the letter to USCIS as it was "undeliverable" so on the 27th, it was resent. I have not recieved the letter yet. I am confused about that too, im sure thw biometrics appointment will be coming in for you soon. 

Biometrics was done from March 22....Got the approval notices in the mail for both the AP and EAD today. 

• 1 year later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On 3/24/2017 at 7:29 PM, Mykids2017 said:

This is the stamp I'm inquiring about.

IMG_0065.JPG

Hi, 

I'm having this same problem, I got the same notification last year November 2018 and up till this moment, I haven't heard anything from the USCIS. I'm worried because of my EAD and AP expires in May, yet I'd like to travel outside the USA, I'm not sure if I should proceed to renew my combo card. please advise me and share your experience on this matter.

On 5/1/2017 at 8:54 AM, Ariannaaams said:

Hi, 

I'm having this same problem, I got the same notification last year November 2018 and up till this moment, I haven't heard anything from the USCIS. I'm worried because of my EAD and AP expires in May, yet I'd like to travel outside the USA, I'm not sure if I should proceed to renew my combo card. please advise me and share your experience on this matter.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On 3/24/2017 at 7:14 PM, Mykids2017 said:

Hi guys,

My kids NOA receipt notice for Form I-485 was returned to USCIS by the post office. However, they sent it out again which I received today. On the notice written in red ink "ACTION COMPLETED APPROVED FOR FILING" what does this mean. Has anyone ever received this? It also has in red NBC (where our case is currently at) and a date of March 16, 2016 also initials. Please advise

Hi, 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.