5 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Turkey
Timeline

I filed n400 first week of august .im still waiting for interview (  on November 2, 2016, we started the interview scheduling process for your Form N-400, Application for Naturalization)

it has been months !!! . i filed from Atlanta . i was wondering if something could be wrong with mine or this process is really takes that long .. what should i do ? please let me know if anybody else is also same condition as mine

Does your receipt # starts with IOE??If so, were in the same case. I filed my N400 May 2016 i had my interview december 2016 and guess what im still waiting for the last step which is the Oath that i dont even know when its coming :( Im not gonna lie I am so anxious about it because we already made plans on taking a vacation out of the country.  Anyway I read somewhere that USCIS is having a glitch..http://www.klinkeimmigration.com/en/blog/us-immigration-news/whats-going-on-with-my-naturalization-case.php read this. 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Turkey
Timeline

Francis -Rezza- it start with NBC . thanks for the article.   it think thats why it has been taking so long . it might be the election too i have seen some other people commented  around 2012 complaining about waiting time . i have had plans to visit Europe . i dont have valid shengen . i was counting on citizenship cos usually takes 5-6 months entire process . i hopefully get it before the end of the year .. its unbelivable that you have been waiting for months for oath after interview . good luck!

Faith38- i have seen in the forum some people called them about it . all they say same thing as on website . did you ever call them ? what didi they tell you?

• 10 months later...

Hi. My husband applied citizenship on June 1, 2017...had his FP done within 2 weeks...and has been "in line for interview" since August 22, 2017. Any one know why it is taking so long now? its almost 8 months (in another 4-5 days) now since submitting the application. We can't raise an enquiry online nor via phone because they keep saying the "average time is 6-8 months...you should hear from them within 8 months"...yet we haven't received anything so far...what do we do?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.