4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

Hi everybody.

My name is Ciaran and I just came across this forum today. So far it seems very helpful. All of your stories and questions stand out to me as I am from Dublin and going through the same process of the K1.

Anyway I met my girlfriend 2 years ago while living in Spain, I was working and she was studying. As she had to go back to ASU I decided I would get a J graduate visa to be with her. I spent the past year in Phoenix and subsequently had to come home but we have been over and back to each other ever since. We are due to spend the summer in Spain starting in 2 weeks.

Over the course of our relationship we had often talked about getting married and have happily decided to do so under mutual consent, although there was still a proposal and a ring involved.

Over the past month we gathered all of the information we knew of such as the 129f form, photos, passport copies, birth certs and everything and filed stage one of the process. I believe we sent it to a place in Texas.

So I am hoping to get a bit of an insight into whats next. I presume they will send my fiancee a letter saying that they have received it and then the approval process begins with the NVC who then contact Dublin. Then I will file my ds160 and take required documents to my interviews. When exactly do we have our interview as a couple seeing as she is currently in the USA?

I would much appreciate if anyone could give me a bit of insight into everything.

Thanks a lot,

Ciaran

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Welcome to the forum.

:guides: easily accessible at the top of the forum page. In particular, check out the K-1 Flowchart:

http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1flow

Good luck on your immigration journey.

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Seriously, read the guides. Nobody is blowiing you off; instead we are telling you that there is way too much you need to know that can be told to you in a few posts.

Read the guides and then come back here with specific questions after you do.

Good luck to you on your journey, and welcome to the place that has done so much for all of us.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

thank you guys.

I did read the guide and were more less spot on so far, although the government websites can be complicated.

Another question since I am new to this and have not figured it out, I can view the portal for Ireland which is great as it relates to me, but how can I start a new topic? I only see the option to post reply and have looked everywhere.

Thanks

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.