Silnjoe

N/A for blank fields in AOS?

3 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline

Dear all,

From Saylin's guide to the NVC, she says you can avoid checklists by filling in ALL fields of the Affidavit of Support even if not applicable.

I would like to know how much that applies to the entire form.

- Does that include fields for Dates?

- Does that include all of the fields for Family Members (Part 3)?

- Does that include State and Zip Code where it does not apply for foreign addresses?

- In the Alien Registration Number?

- Does "NA" register just as well as "N/A" (see below)?

- How about the boxes in Part 5 where you write 1 for each household member? "N/A" in each of these boxes?

There are issues with filling in the "N/A" in the fields in Adobe. Some fields do not allow the "/", while others do (as with all things in this process, no rhyme or reason). So in some, I can only put "NA". Also, the State and Zip code fields become inaccessible when I put a different country (in the same vein, postal code and province when US is selected as country). And the numeric fields such as dates and the alien registration number do not allow letters.

Any advice?

We appreciate the help and patience if some of these are no-brainers. We just want to make this go as fast as possible!

Best to all,

Joe & Silvia

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I recommend putting "NA" in all boxes that you can and a 0 (zero) in the boxes for numbers for anything that does not apply. I made sure every line/box on mine had either NA, or zero just in case. I had no problems.

Use "NA" instead of "N/A"

Household members - just put zeros in the boxes that don't apply. For me, my household is "02" because it is just me and the person I am sponsoring.

I filed the I-864 EZ, which is a little bit different, so I am not sure of the best answer for your other questions.

s-event.png s-event.png
IR-1/CR-1 Visa : National Benefits Center NVC Received: 2014-01-08
Consulate : Montreal, Canada NVC Case Number: 2014-02-07
Marriage : 2013-02-22 Paid I-864 Bill: 2014-02-13
I-130 Sent : 2013-03-16 Sent I-864 Docs: 2014-02-14
I-130 NOA1 : 2013-03-20 Paid IV Bill: 2014-03-03
Trans. to NSC : 2013-11-05 Sent IV Docs: 2014-03-04
I-130 NOA2: 2013-12-16 Submitted DS-260: 2014-03-06

Case Complete 2014-03-21

Interview & APPROVED 2014-05-08

POE 2014-06-21

Filed: Other Country: Cuba
Timeline

When filling out these type of forms for Visa's and such do we need to include the person we are sponsering in the household size? They are not living with me yet so I would think, not to include them. Is this correct?? I mean why include them if they are not yet here and also it would make the income requirements go up for a larger household size?? Instead of me calculating my income for 2 people I would then need to include them and use the hhosehold size of 3??

2nd go round

1st K-1 Denied

Subitted Feb 2-6-15

NOA1 - 2-18-15

NOA2 - 8-18-15

Interview 11-25-15 - Denied

And Here we go again -

New K1 submitted - 1-9-16

NOA1 - 1-12-16 (according to USCIS)

Text received 1-15-16

hardcopy - not received yet as of 1-26-16

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.