Elva and Ehab

Home Interview by the Egyption Embassy

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
My husband called me today and said that a man from the embassy came to his families home and spoke with his parents, sister, a neighbor and him. He said the man was very nice, asked a lot of questions about my husband and me and how they felt about their son marrying an American women. Its now been 5 1/2 months since he had his interview and this is the first response that we've had on our case. What does this mean? Has anyone experienced this with their cases? Please advise.

Our timeline:

September 29, 2005.......met online.

October and November 2006......was in Egypt with my sweetie.

November 1, 2006......We were married.

December 2006........I-130 filed

January 2007...........I-129 filed

April 2007................I-130 and I-129 approved

June 14, 2007.........Visa interview completed

December 2, 2007.....Home interview

February 12, 2008........Second interview

February 26, 2008....I was called by the embassy and was given a short interview over the phone and was told that my case will be moved forward and someone would contact my husband soon to send in his passport.

March 2, 2008......My husband was contacted by the embassy to send in his passport.

March 3, 2008......Passport sent by DHL.

March 4, 2008......Embassy received the passport.

March 18, 2008......VISA IN HAND!!! YEAH!!

August 15, 2008....filed I-485 adjustment of Status and I-765...Employment Authorization

October 14, 2008.....I-765...Employment Authorization approved, card received 1 month later.

January 15, 2009......Adjustment of Status interview for green card...approved!!! Received green card two weeks later.

My husband called me today and said that a man from the embassy came to his families home and spoke with his parents, sister, a neighbor and him. He said the man was very nice, asked a lot of questions about my husband and me and how they felt about their son marrying an American women. Its now been 5 1/2 months since he had his interview and this is the first response that we've had on our case. What does this mean? Has anyone experienced this with their cases? Please advise.

Hun guessing here but read this thread about the same issue - Gl to you and habibi

Susie

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=97773

When something goes wrong remember this saying "WHEN MAN PLANS, GOD LAUGHS"

www.orlando4obama.com

I-130 JOURNEY BEGINSSent August 28, 2007 to TSC for receipting in CSCReceived NOA1 from VSC December 21, 2007

Notes - earned USCIS skymiles for sure - postmarked from Chicago Lockbox

online finally 2/24/08

touchy feely 2/25/08

touched 2/27/2008 - great RFE requested - just wonderful news to see in your inbox early in the am

3/13 - RFE letter FINALLY received - and document that we sent NOW resent back to VSC grrrrowling

3/19 case resumed processing

3/20 touched

3./21 touched

3/23 Easter bunny touched again

4/01 - APPROVED I-130

4/02 - touched

4/07 - received hard copy approval

NVC JOURNEY BEGINS

4/07 NV Case number assigned

4/08 AOS, DS and all fees paid online

6/09 tax transcript for 2007 just became available -whoot

6/20 NVC receives everything nothing more to give them now just close eyes and pray

6/23 NVC enters into system

6/26 NVC - RFE uggh - wants all three years of Federal tax return listed and they lost originals or so they say - DING DING ROUND TWO

7/25 NVC Case completed whooottttttttt

8/7 Case forward to US EMBASSY LONDON OH YEAHHHHHHHH -

Embassy - case out for delivery to embassy via DHL sneaky us lol

08/10Received

08/19 Medical Exam completed - healthy oh yeah!!!!!!!!

9/26 @8am -Interview - approved VISA IN HAND OMG WHOOT!!! HELLO AMERICA MY LUV

POE- Atlanta then MCO - October 15th with the cat "GIT" on board lol - POE SUPER SWEET

Husband home finally - god what a journey....but after 400+ days we made it

Filed: Country: Palestine
Timeline

Cairo is apparently doing a lot more home visits these days, and it seems to be mainly cases that have been experiencing a very long AR. I think we've seen 4 or 5 of these reported by our Egypt members in just the last month.

The good news is: it means they are actually working on your case, and not just letting it sit there gathering dust.

Best of luck for a speedy conclusion to your AR !

(F)

-MK

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

Too bad what happened to a once thriving VJ but hardly a surprise

al Nakba 1948-2015
66 years of forced exile and dispossession

Copyright © 2015 by PalestineMyHeart. Original essays, comments by and personal photographs taken by PalestineMyHeart are the exclusive intellectual property of PalestineMyHeart and may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere in any manner without express written permission from PalestineMyHeart.

Timeline

Thanks!! I was beginning to think they forgot about our case. I do hope things move fast from this point on. Happy Holidays!!! :dance:

Our timeline:

February 26, 2008....I was called by the embassy and was given a short interview over the phone and was told that my case will be moved forward and someone would contact my husband soon to send in his passport.

March 2, 2008......My husband was contacted by the embassy to send in his passport.

August 15, 2008....filed I-485 adjustment of Status and I-765...Employment Authorization

October 14, 2008.....I-765...Employment Authorization approved, card received 1 month later.

January 15, 2009......Adjustment of Status interview for green card...approved!!! Received green card two weeks later.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I remember reading somewhere that the Cairo embassy is undergoing review... I'm really hoping so :blush: and that might be what is making them pick up the pace. It looks really bad to just have cases sitting around when people start going through your files. And they will probably have to explain why they put any new cases on AP or AR...

It might have been false information, but it actually seems to fit the trend lately. Alot of cases have been put through with little to to AR/AP and the ones that have been sitting around gathering dust are getting movement. There was also an article sometime back about the NVC and USCIS getting too many cases put in AR and extra security checks and it is increasing the wait times not only for us but everyone else too. They were supposed to be cracking down on that and asking the embassies to have a good reason...

Here's hoping this good trend continues! :thumbs:

يَايُّهَا الَّذِينَ ءامَنُوا اسْتَعِينُوا بِالصَّبْرِ وَالصَّلَوةِ اِنَّ اللَّهَ مَعَ الصَّبِرِينَ

“O you who believe! seek assistance through patience and prayer; surely Allah is with the patient. (Al-Baqarah 2:153 )”

Timeline

I remember reading somewhere that the Cairo embassy is undergoing review... I'm really hoping so :blush: and that might be what is making them pick up the pace. It looks really bad to just have cases sitting around when people start going through your files. And they will probably have to explain why they put any new cases on AP or AR...

It might have been false information, but it actually seems to fit the trend lately. Alot of cases have been put through with little to to AR/AP and the ones that have been sitting around gathering dust are getting movement. There was also an article sometime back about the NVC and USCIS getting too many cases put in AR and extra security checks and it is increasing the wait times not only for us but everyone else too. They were supposed to be cracking down on that and asking the embassies to have a good reason...

Here's hoping this good trend continues! :thumbs:

[/quote

Thanks for the thumbs up!!! :)

Our timeline:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.