Kharkov_Natalie

DCF Kyiv and FBI Name Check

5 posts in this topic

When do they begin to start FBI name check - from the time the I-130 is filed at the consulate or do they wait until after the interview?

Thanks....

• Jan 2004 - Met Sergey in Kharkov Ukraine when I substituted for his English teacher
  • August 2006 - Sergey and I are reacquainted and begin dating
  • February 2007 - Sergey proposes
  • May 19 2007 - Sergey and I are married in Ukraine
  • Jan 16 2008 - Filed I-130 petition at Kyiv Embassy
  • Jan 31 2008 - I-130 Approved
  • Feb 18 2008 - Medical Appointment
  • Feb 21 2008 - Final Interview Date - Visa approved
  • Feb 25 2008 - Visa delivered!
  • April 24 2008 - Arrived in America
  • June 21 2008 - Our son is born (3 months early). We made it to America just in time!
  • Waiting to "Remove Conditions" in 2010

Removing Conditions

• Feb 17 2010 - Sent off I-751
  • Feb 22 2010 - Date of NOA1
  • Mar 26 2010 - Date of Bio
  • May 10 2010 - Approved
  • June 2 2010 - Received Card in the mail

When do they begin to start FBI name check - from the time the I-130 is filed at the consulate or do they wait until after the interview?

Thanks....

Someone may correct me, but I believe it's started when the visa application is submitted (DS 230) - so after I-130 and before the interview.

My Crafting Blog - On a Roll - Blogspot

3179788211_95b93e62af_t.jpg3179788215_6a1e497e9b_t.jpg3165849344_f296789fd3_t.jpg

US Immigration Timeline

-------------------------

24 Feb 2007 - Sent I-130 to London USCIS office (I'm the petitioner)

25 May 2007 - NOA2

2 June 2007 - Received Packet 3

12 Oct 2007 - Sent Packet 3 back by special delivery

5 Nov 2007 - Interview in London - Approved without any hitches!

7 Nov 2007 - Visa and MBE arrived by SMS! :)

30 Jan 2008 - Fly to Michigan!! :)

*Note: Any delays in our case are only due to us taking things slowly

Thanks....

As much as I understood, checks were made after the I-130 was submitted. Then, when you get email approval, you can make the interview through the Call Center. Then, after the interview and visa application, it is possible that there could be further checks. Even though they promise to mail you the visa, there could be delays, so don't make too many travel plans until you get your visa in hand.

Let us know if you have more questions about the Kyiv embassy. We completed DCF there this summer.

4/06/2007 Cancelled, via USPS letter, I-130 filed in US and made appointment to file DCF in Kyiv

4/10/2007 Filed I-130 for IR-1 visa DCF in Kyiv, Ukraine

4/25/2007 Received approval from embassy via email to make an appointment for visa interview

4/25/2007 & 4/27/2007 Tried to make an appointment but Call Center doesn't have our info yet

5/03/2007 Finally, made the visa interview appointment, first date available June 11, 2007

6/11/2007 IR-1 interview--VISA APPROVED! Should be delivered in 7-10 days

6/15/2007 Visa and brown envelope delivered

7/2/2007 POE Charlotte, NC

7/28/2007 Received the permanent resident card (green card)

• 3 years later...

As much as I understood, checks were made after the I-130 was submitted. Then, when you get email approval, you can make the interview through the Call Center. Then, after the interview and visa application, it is possible that there could be further checks. Even though they promise to mail you the visa, there could be delays, so don't make too many travel plans until you get your visa in hand.

Let us know if you have more questions about the Kyiv embassy. We completed DCF there this summer.

Hi,

I saw you filed DCF in Kyiv. I was just told by USCIS to file there and I'm not 100% sure of the process. How should I go about submitting the I-130? Do I need to call the "Call Center" for an appointment?

Thanks so much

Hi,

I saw you filed DCF in Kyiv. I was just told by USCIS to file there and I'm not 100% sure of the process. How should I go about submitting the I-130? Do I need to call the "Call Center" for an appointment?

Thanks so much

we did this 3 years ago and it is possible that the process has changed. it would be best if you read US Embassy's (Kyiv) website for the most current instructions. they have it outlined there step by step.

4/06/2007 Cancelled, via USPS letter, I-130 filed in US and made appointment to file DCF in Kyiv

4/10/2007 Filed I-130 for IR-1 visa DCF in Kyiv, Ukraine

4/25/2007 Received approval from embassy via email to make an appointment for visa interview

4/25/2007 & 4/27/2007 Tried to make an appointment but Call Center doesn't have our info yet

5/03/2007 Finally, made the visa interview appointment, first date available June 11, 2007

6/11/2007 IR-1 interview--VISA APPROVED! Should be delivered in 7-10 days

6/15/2007 Visa and brown envelope delivered

7/2/2007 POE Charlotte, NC

7/28/2007 Received the permanent resident card (green card)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.