soon2bmarried!

DCF after Adam Walsch?

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Norway
Timeline

Hi everyone,

My fiance and I are getting married tomorrow and will DCF here in Norway. I know we will be one of the first ones to do this in Norway after the new Adam Walsch check started.

I was advised it used to take a week to get the everything sorted out and now they are expecting wait times to increase but believe they will be less than a month to get the background check from the U.S.

Just wondering if anyone can share their experience of DCF after the Adam Walsch Act? I realize each country will be different but wanted to see how long it will take for the U.S. to hold up their end of the bargain.

Lauren

02.08.07-mailed I-129F

02.13.07-I-129F received in TX

02.20.07-NOA1 mailed from Cali

02.27.07- NOA1 received snail mail

04.11.07- married in Norway & withdrew fiance petition

04.12.06- DCF in Norway, mailed I-130 to Embassy

04.13.07-Interview scheduled for 05.02.07!!!!

05.02.07- VISA APPROVED

I filed our I-130 DCF today in Kyiv, Ukraine. The process went just as the Kyiv website said. Our petition was accepted and approved, pending the security checks. The consular person told me that basically everything is approved but I have to wait about 2 weeks for a security approval from the US. They sent my info electronically to the US for the Adam Walsh check, and if there are no "hits" on my name, I will be sent an email telling me I can then make an appointment for the visa interview. My case number was assigned today though the Kyiv website says that it may take up to 30 to open the case.

I think the big change for DCF after Adam Walsh is that the US citizen must be a resident of the country for at least 6 months where they are filing and there is now this delay of about 2 weeks for these additional security checks. Before I submitted any documents I had to show proof of my residence in Ukraine. Otherwise, I think DCF works about the same way it did before, at least in Ukraine. We are already married so I don't know if anything has changed for fiance visas, etc.

4/06/2007 Cancelled, via USPS letter, I-130 filed in US and made appointment to file DCF in Kyiv

4/10/2007 Filed I-130 for IR-1 visa DCF in Kyiv, Ukraine

4/25/2007 Received approval from embassy via email to make an appointment for visa interview

4/25/2007 & 4/27/2007 Tried to make an appointment but Call Center doesn't have our info yet

5/03/2007 Finally, made the visa interview appointment, first date available June 11, 2007

6/11/2007 IR-1 interview--VISA APPROVED! Should be delivered in 7-10 days

6/15/2007 Visa and brown envelope delivered

7/2/2007 POE Charlotte, NC

7/28/2007 Received the permanent resident card (green card)

Timeline

Thank you!! You answered my question! The American Embassy in Norway had no clue how long it would take to hear back on the Adam Walsh check. I was told they were hoping for less than a month. If you were advised two weeks, that is great news!

My fiance and I mailed out our packet to the Embassy here in Norway yesterday and heard back already today to schedule an interview!!! I can't believe it!! We are hoping to move to the states by Mid-June...it's starting to look like a possibility! :yes:

I will keep everyone updated on how quickly things move after the interview! Keep your fingers crossed!!

02.08.07-mailed I-129F

05.02.07- VISA APPROVED

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Thank you!! You answered my question! The American Embassy in Norway had no clue how long it would take to hear back on the Adam Walsh check. I was told they were hoping for less than a month. If you were advised two weeks, that is great news!

My fiance and I mailed out our packet to the Embassy here in Norway yesterday and heard back already today to schedule an interview!!! I can't believe it!! We are hoping to move to the states by Mid-June...it's starting to look like a possibility! :yes:

I will keep everyone updated on how quickly things move after the interview! Keep your fingers crossed!!

Um.... how did you file if you are "fiances"?

Didja get cold feet at the wedding? ;)

Now That You Are A Permanent Resident

How Do I Remove The Conditions On Permanent Residence Based On Marriage?

Welcome to the United States: A Guide For New Immigrants

Yes, even this last one.. stuff in there that not even your USC knows.....

Here are more links that I love:

Arriving in America, The POE Drill

Dual Citizenship FAQ

Other Fora I Post To:

alt.visa.us.marriage-based http://britishexpats.com/ and www.***removed***.com

censored link = *family based immigration* website

Inertia. Is that the Greek god of 'can't be bothered'?

Met, married, immigrated, naturalized.

I-130 filed Aug02

USC Jul06

No Deje Piedras Sobre El Pavimento!

Timeline

Husband....Husband! Funny, that is the first time I wrote the word...strange! Guess I'm not used to it yet. No cold feet...we got married :thumbs:

02.08.07-mailed I-129F

05.02.07- VISA APPROVED

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Husband....Husband! Funny, that is the first time I wrote the word...strange! Guess I'm not used to it yet. No cold feet...we got married :thumbs:

lol, I know... it's weird at first, isn't it?! Congratulations on your new two-ness! :)

Now That You Are A Permanent Resident

How Do I Remove The Conditions On Permanent Residence Based On Marriage?

Welcome to the United States: A Guide For New Immigrants

Yes, even this last one.. stuff in there that not even your USC knows.....

Here are more links that I love:

Arriving in America, The POE Drill

Dual Citizenship FAQ

Other Fora I Post To:

alt.visa.us.marriage-based http://britishexpats.com/ and www.***removed***.com

censored link = *family based immigration* website

Inertia. Is that the Greek god of 'can't be bothered'?

Met, married, immigrated, naturalized.

I-130 filed Aug02

USC Jul06

No Deje Piedras Sobre El Pavimento!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.