LuNa11

Casablanca consulate K1 interview

38 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hi

I have a question about the US consulate in Casablanca. Our case said Ready to be scheduled on July 12th, we emailed the consulate a week after that and we got a reply from them the next day saying that they're busy and have a lot of cases, I'm sure you're all familiar with the response,

So, It's been over 50 days now, and we still haven't heard anything from them, I seen a lot of people get scheduled last week and I was happy and expected to hear something today but no, still nothing, I'm not sure what do to now, is this normal? Because what they said they do is schedule cases in the order they recieve them...But I have no clue now, and also does everyone get the packet through email, or is there a possibility it could come through mail?

One last question about the original birth certificate my fiancee got translated already, and the translator is sworn and everything, but one thing is he didn't translate certain words on the paper that he couldn't understand, like street names and some dates, instead he put illegibale in place of those words....did anyone have this problem before? Will it be a problem at the interview??

Thank you!!!

I think your fiance should request a new birth certificate from the local authorities and make sure it's written clearly and then translate it again.

Regarding the interview, they send all information via email.

Good luck!

Timeline

I think your fiance should request a new birth certificate from the local authorities and make sure it's written clearly and then translate it again.

Regarding the interview, they send all information via email.

Good luck!

If it's Shahada kamila they don't write those, just make copies and stamp them......never seen one of those handwritten, as for extrait de naissance that's usually written and there's not a lot of infos in it...So, which one did you get? We only got the full birth cert, I'm very confused :clock::unsure:

Thank you so much!!

As far as contacting the embassy...good luck! its really hard and it takes NUMEROUS emails to them before they answer back. It's happened to me to request packet 3 and interview letter and its happening now for a file update. Keep emailing! ivcasablanca@state.gov and acscasablanca@state.gov

Also, remember :time::idea:

Timeline:

• Met on Facebook - September 18, 2016
  • Started Dating - December 30, 2016
  • Met in Person - September 25, 2017 (Surprised him for his birthday)
  • Got Engaged! - September 28, 2017 ♥
  • Filed for I-129F - December 22, 2017
  • Rec'd NOA1(Text/Email) - January 2, 2018 :D
  • Rec'd Hard Copy NOA1 (Letter) - Jan. 3, 2018 (letter dated Dec. 29, 2017)
  • Rec'd RFE notice (email 7/24/18) - Pending hard copy letter :whistle:
  • Rec'd RFE letter in mail (July 27, 2018). Needs details about previous petition <_<
  • Mailed RFE - Sept. 06, 2018 (will be rec'd Saturday and picked up by Monday)
  • USCIS confirmed RFE rec'd (email, text & USCIS App) - Sept, 11, 2018
  • NOA2 Approval Letter - rec'd Nov. 17, 2018 (dated Nov. 09, 2018) - approximately  10 1/2 months of waiting! 😞
  • NVC Rec'd Petition - Nov. 23, 2018
  • NVC Case # - PENDING 👈
  • Case # Rec'd - December 06, 2018
  • In Transit to Embassy - Dec. 26, 2018
  • CEAC says 'READY' - Dec. 28, 2018 😀 (Super Fast)
  • PENDING Interview Date 🤯
  • Rec'd Interview Packet (Email) January 29, 2019
  • Interview Schedule FEBRUARY 26!!
  • Interview Results - Stuck in AP - Was given the DS-5535 Questionnaire. Kept his passport - pending results
  • After 8 CEAC updates (If I counted correctly) still waiting in AP. Last update was today-June 24, 2019.
  • CEAC updated #9 - August 8, 2019 - but this might be from an inquiry I made the day before - maybe not a true 'update'
  • CEAC Update #10 - Sept. 25, 2019 (my fiance's B-Day) - made another online inquiry to embassy & called NVC for status update
  • CEAC Update #11 - Sept. 27, 2019 - most likely based from my online inquiry
  • CEAC Update #12 - Sept. 30, 2019 - Case went from AP to Application Received. Switched from Immigrant Visa App to Non-Immigrant 😁😁😁
  • Rec'd Call from Embassy!! October 2, 2019 - Time to re-do medical exam!
  • Completed New Medical Exam - October 4, 2019 - Dropped off at Aramex 😀
  • Aramex Confirmation of Delivery to Embassy for Medical - Oct. 7th, 2019
  • CEAC Update #13 - Non-Immigrant Administrative Processing - Oct. 09, 2019
  • VISA ISSUED! October 11, 2019 (last CEAC update!) 😱 FINALLLYYYYY!!!!
  • Arrived to the US! Oct. 24, 2019
  • Married Dec. 07, 2019 😍
  • Filed AOS/EAD/AP - Jan. 21, 2020
  • Rec'd I-797C Notice - Interview on 10/13/2020
  • Mailed ROC Packet via FedEx - 09.06.2022
  • ROC Packet Delivered - 09.08.2022

event.png

Timeline

As far as contacting the embassy...good luck! its really hard and it takes NUMEROUS emails to them before they answer back. It's happened to me to request packet 3 and interview letter and its happening now for a file update. Keep emailing! ivcasablanca@state.gov and acscasablanca@state.gov

Also, remember :time::idea:

Thank you!!! It's been very stressful waiting and waiting, it's weird how for some people it it took less than a month to be scheduled..This is not even the time to worry about so much, I'm more nervous about the actual interview, I just hope we can figure this out soon. It's not easy when you need to clear your time for this, while having work commitments, but it is what it is!!

Best of luck to you on your journey!!!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Saudi Arabia
Timeline

Believe me when I say I know how you feel. We have been waiting on our interview since the first of June. We've watched others bypass us, and our petition expires next week. This is in Riyadh though.

<3  Our K-1 Visa Journey <3

I-129f sent -- 2-18-2016        

NOA1 -- 2-24-2016

NOA2 -- 05-02-2016

NVC received -- 05-13-2016

NVC left -- 05-18-2016

Embassy received -- 5-22-2016

Interview Date -- 8-31-2016

Interview Result -- APPROVED!!!

AP -- (09-07-2016)

Visa Issued -- 9-08-2016

US Entry -- 09-24-2016

<3 MARRIAGE -- 10-21-2016 <3

AOS, EAD, AND AP Filed 01-05-2017

NOA1 -- 01-19-2017

Biometrics -- 02-06-2017

EAD and AP approved -- 05-19-2017

AOS approved -- 08-24-2017

Received card -- 09-01-2017

❤ Baby boy is here!! December 26th 2017 ❤

Timeline

Also I don't know what shahada kamila is, I got "acte de naissance".

HTH

well, on the documents list for the k1 they require :

• An original copy of your birth certificate. And that's what I assumed to be what's called Nosskha kamila min aaaqd lizdiyad, and that's what we have. Are you talking about the green ones? smaller? Sorry, this is just very important :(

Timeline

Believe me when I say I know how you feel. We have been waiting on our interview since the first of June. We've watched others bypass us, and our petition expires next week. This is in Riyadh though.

Oh wow!!!! I see that you already got the packet 3, figures things are different in Riyadh!! It must be worse for you, waiting knowing your petition expires next week :( Ours expires in the first week of October, I know they consulate says they can extend it if they've got plenty of cases on hold.....still we worry and still I wish we'd go through this and know whether we'll be reunited with our loved ones and start more procedures that wouldn't be as stressful knowing we made it through this. I wish you good luck, and hopefully we get scheduled for this month and have happy news to share after all of this hassle!! ^_^

Timeline

no worries, feel free to ask anything :)

yes the green document.

eh! I feel so stupid right now, original is tricky though! So, I'll make sure to get a couple of those just in case, thanks for the clarification.

Also, I read on a post here that said k1's are highly denied in casablanca, that added more stress to this wait, I checked some lists of what could be considered as a red flag, and all I'm worried about is not having too many photos, haven't met each others families, didn't have an engagement party, have spent a little more than a week together, I'm religious and my fiance isn't. We talk so much all the time, and we get along great, we've been together for almost four years and we genuinely love each other without any judgement.

Would what I listed be a problem to the co? every case is different and every co is different, we put a lot of time and effort into this, for the sole purpose to be together in person and live happily and be able to rest our heads of technology and distance!!!

if you get a young black woman as the CO - she is TOUGH! She asked normal questions to my fiancé in the beginning until she got to the engagement 'party'. We also didn't have an authentic engagement party cuz it looks to similar to a wedding to the CO's. So we had a small get together at a local café with some friends. But she kept requesting to see the 'engagement party picture'. We gave her the surprise engagement purposal picture, 2 sworn affidavits, a public announcing of our engagement that I put in my local newspaper, engagement ring receipts - but none of this she acknowledged and refused to see it.

Then she asked him what the name of my ex was (granted that was over 8 years ago and my ex was an American) and what I studied in college. I never provided this information so he could have said anything, but he was a little thrown off cuz he couldn't remember the exact 'English' wording.

So long story short, they could ask you why the sky is blue. And if you don't sound or look convincing they will hand you the 221G paper or a Return to USCIS - which is what we got.

So since that emotional day, I have been non stop emailing the consulate for a status. Cuz the CO left us hanging. Are we in AP? Are we denied? Is she needing more information from us since there was nothing marked on the 221g form? who knows.....

If you fiancé gets her - just be ware. And answer the questions convincing like your life is depending on it.....technically it is so just be prepared for anything.

OH!! And if your fiancé feels more comfortable with some words or phrases in Arabic - then request a translator at the window before the interview starts!

This CO will only talk in English and she talks fast! So to someone who can't quite understand certain words and phrases and their meanings then request a translator to make it a little more fair for you guys!

Timeline:

• Met on Facebook - September 18, 2016
  • Started Dating - December 30, 2016
  • Met in Person - September 25, 2017 (Surprised him for his birthday)
  • Got Engaged! - September 28, 2017 ♥
  • Filed for I-129F - December 22, 2017
  • Rec'd NOA1(Text/Email) - January 2, 2018 :D
  • Rec'd Hard Copy NOA1 (Letter) - Jan. 3, 2018 (letter dated Dec. 29, 2017)
  • Rec'd RFE notice (email 7/24/18) - Pending hard copy letter :whistle:
  • Rec'd RFE letter in mail (July 27, 2018). Needs details about previous petition <_<
  • Mailed RFE - Sept. 06, 2018 (will be rec'd Saturday and picked up by Monday)
  • USCIS confirmed RFE rec'd (email, text & USCIS App) - Sept, 11, 2018
  • NOA2 Approval Letter - rec'd Nov. 17, 2018 (dated Nov. 09, 2018) - approximately  10 1/2 months of waiting! 😞
  • NVC Rec'd Petition - Nov. 23, 2018
  • NVC Case # - PENDING 👈
  • Case # Rec'd - December 06, 2018
  • In Transit to Embassy - Dec. 26, 2018
  • CEAC says 'READY' - Dec. 28, 2018 😀 (Super Fast)
  • PENDING Interview Date 🤯
  • Rec'd Interview Packet (Email) January 29, 2019
  • Interview Schedule FEBRUARY 26!!
  • Interview Results - Stuck in AP - Was given the DS-5535 Questionnaire. Kept his passport - pending results
  • After 8 CEAC updates (If I counted correctly) still waiting in AP. Last update was today-June 24, 2019.
  • CEAC updated #9 - August 8, 2019 - but this might be from an inquiry I made the day before - maybe not a true 'update'
  • CEAC Update #10 - Sept. 25, 2019 (my fiance's B-Day) - made another online inquiry to embassy & called NVC for status update
  • CEAC Update #11 - Sept. 27, 2019 - most likely based from my online inquiry
  • CEAC Update #12 - Sept. 30, 2019 - Case went from AP to Application Received. Switched from Immigrant Visa App to Non-Immigrant 😁😁😁
  • Rec'd Call from Embassy!! October 2, 2019 - Time to re-do medical exam!
  • Completed New Medical Exam - October 4, 2019 - Dropped off at Aramex 😀
  • Aramex Confirmation of Delivery to Embassy for Medical - Oct. 7th, 2019
  • CEAC Update #13 - Non-Immigrant Administrative Processing - Oct. 09, 2019
  • VISA ISSUED! October 11, 2019 (last CEAC update!) 😱 FINALLLYYYYY!!!!
  • Arrived to the US! Oct. 24, 2019
  • Married Dec. 07, 2019 😍
  • Filed AOS/EAD/AP - Jan. 21, 2020
  • Rec'd I-797C Notice - Interview on 10/13/2020
  • Mailed ROC Packet via FedEx - 09.06.2022
  • ROC Packet Delivered - 09.08.2022

event.png

Timeline

if you get a young black woman as the CO - she is TOUGH! She asked normal questions to my fiancé in the beginning until she got to the engagement 'party'. We also didn't have an authentic engagement party cuz it looks to similar to a wedding to the CO's. So we had a small get together at a local café with some friends. But she kept requesting to see the 'engagement party picture'. We gave her the surprise engagement purposal picture, 2 sworn affidavits, a public announcing of our engagement that I put in my local newspaper, engagement ring receipts - but none of this she acknowledged and refused to see it.

Then she asked him what the name of my ex was (granted that was over 8 years ago and my ex was an American) and what I studied in college. I never provided this information so he could have said anything, but he was a little thrown off cuz he couldn't remember the exact 'English' wording.

So long story short, they could ask you why the sky is blue. And if you don't sound or look convincing they will hand you the 221G paper or a Return to USCIS - which is what we got.

So since that emotional day, I have been non stop emailing the consulate for a status. Cuz the CO left us hanging. Are we in AP? Are we denied? Is she needing more information from us since there was nothing marked on the 221g form? who knows.....

If you fiancé gets her - just be ware. And answer the questions convincing like your life is depending on it.....technically it is so just be prepared for anything.

OH!! And if your fiancé feels more comfortable with some words or phrases in Arabic - then request a translator at the window before the interview starts!

This CO will only talk in English and she talks fast! So to someone who can't quite understand certain words and phrases and their meanings then request a translator to make it a little more fair for you guys!

Eeek sorry you had to go through that, I can't imagine how painful it must be for you to have plans and hope then bam, everything you worked so hard for doesn't seem enough, and goes to waste! I'm glad to see that you're still fighting for this, because it's not easy at all, and each case is different and as long as you don't give up you'll eventually end up with your loved one. You're giving us hope by persevering, none of us expects this to be easy especially in Morocco!! I see the Philippines or Brazil and they're fast and approve everyone....

Is it easier on guys or girls? during interviews. I don't know how many co's are supposed to be there, I'm sure if you pick another language for the interview you might get a different person, but when a person is being interviewed for a K1 they must understand and speak English very well, or else how does the couple communicate? Unless they both speak Arabic. But, either way it's all a matter of FATE and LUCK! Don't look at your situation as a terrible occurrence because there's always something better that comes out of things, we don't know what the future holds and this will only make you stronger !!!!!

eh! I feel so stupid right now, original is tricky though! So, I'll make sure to get a couple of those just in case, thanks for the clarification.

Also, I read on a post here that said k1's are highly denied in casablanca, that added more stress to this wait, I checked some lists of what could be considered as a red flag, and all I'm worried about is not having too many photos, haven't met each others families, didn't have an engagement party, have spent a little more than a week together, I'm religious and my fiance isn't. We talk so much all the time, and we get along great, we've been together for almost four years and we genuinely love each other without any judgement.

Would what I listed be a problem to the co? every case is different and every co is different, we put a lot of time and effort into this, for the sole purpose to be together in person and live happily and be able to rest our heads of technology and distance!!!

Quality over quantity; I think my fiance filed about 20 pictures and I took 10 to the interview. The CO asked if she could see some pictures together and I gave her a recent one.

Pictures with family were not included in the petition because my fiance didn't get the chance to meet them since we usually travel. She just met them a week before the interview - I would say it's not an issue at all.

Also, we didn't have any engagement party and I wasn't asked about it. (One reason could be that we were abroad when I proposed).

As Nikkito mentioned above, the CO speaks indeed quite fast, but I would not recommend asking for any translation assistance.

When it comes to answering questions, better be congruent and to the point.

Good luck :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.