5 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

On July 27th, we received a mail (yellow paper) indicating the RFE requirements that we need to submit within 87 days. The requested evidences are focused on I-864 of our Joint sponsor. Can you please help me with some information regarding this? Here's the info.

*The joint sponsor on form I-864, must submit a complete federal income tax return submitted to the IRS for the must recent tax year.

*Submit all supporting Tax documentation (w-2s, 1099, Form 2555, and all supporting tax schedules) submitted to the IRS for the most recent tax year

*The joint sponsor did not meet the 125% poverty guidelines

-Submit evidences of assets that meet the standard listed below or obtain a different joint sponsor.

Asset must equal the stated difference between the joint sponsor's household income and 125% of the poverty guideline.

Here's my question:

I understand what documents to submit (1040, w-2's etc. for the most recent year which is the 2015) But his 1040 for the year 2015 did not meet the 125% poverty guideline for household of 3. His total income for the year 2015 is around $35k but the USCIS note that the total income (line 22 on IRS form 1040 is used to determine qualifying income for a sponsor so i checked his 1040 and his income went down to $18+++ only.

Which is okay, We will just use his properties (assets) as a supplemental income to meet the requirements. The required evidences are indicated in the yellow paper but i would just like to know if any of you went through the same scenario (using assets for the I-864) what are the complete evidences/documents did you submit?

Once we have all papers, do we need to fill up a new form I-864 to include his total assets? or we can just submit the copies of evidences they asked from us?

Sorry for the long post and Thank you in advance.

Adjusting from B1/B2 Visa:

07/01/2015 - Arrived at San Francisco (b1/b2)

10/28/2015 - Ended our 9 years of dating and got hitched.

Our Never ending Visa/Immigration Journey begins:

06/06/2016 - AOS package sent to Chicago Lockbox via FEDEX

06/18/2016 - NOA 1 (receipt)

07/15/2016 - Biometrics

07/25/2016 - RFE (for I-864 joint sponsor)

09/07/2016 - Responded to RFIE

​09/09/2016 - USCIS will received our Docs (as per USPS, no update yet)

09/12/2016 - Infopass for 8am to Request for Expedited I-131 (Request APPROVED base on USCIS website)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

On July 27th, we received a mail (yellow paper) indicating the RFE requirements that we need to submit within 87 days. The requested evidences are focused on I-864 of our Joint sponsor. Can you please help me with some information regarding this? Here's the info.

*The joint sponsor on form I-864, must submit a complete federal income tax return submitted to the IRS for the must recent tax year.

*Submit all supporting Tax documentation (w-2s, 1099, Form 2555, and all supporting tax schedules) submitted to the IRS for the most recent tax year

*The joint sponsor did not meet the 125% poverty guidelines

-Submit evidences of assets that meet the standard listed below or obtain a different joint sponsor.

Asset must equal the stated difference between the joint sponsor's household income and 125% of the poverty guideline.

Here's my question:

I understand what documents to submit (1040, w-2's etc. for the most recent year which is the 2015) But his 1040 for the year 2015 did not meet the 125% poverty guideline for household of 3. His total income for the year 2015 is around $35k but the USCIS note that the total income (line 22 on IRS form 1040 is used to determine qualifying income for a sponsor so i checked his 1040 and his income went down to $18+++ only.

Which is okay, We will just use his properties (assets) as a supplemental income to meet the requirements. The required evidences are indicated in the yellow paper but i would just like to know if any of you went through the same scenario (using assets for the I-864) what are the complete evidences/documents did you submit?

Once we have all papers, do we need to fill up a new form I-864 to include his total assets? or we can just submit the copies of evidences they asked from us?

Sorry for the long post and Thank you in advance.

My current and 2015 income met poverty guideline but my 2014 and 2013 is under guild line my AOS was accepted without assets

If you going to show assets as supplement income make sure it's 5 times different for F4 and family. And IR / CR spouses 3 times

And submit supporting documents. And no need to submit tax rerun of all yr just last yr and other 2 yr IRS transcript is fine.

Best Assets to show would be bank statement. But I would still say a pice assets and sign joint sponsor if possible

Submit new i864 signed and not copy every time you change something in i864 has to sign and submit no copy or they will send you back.

Edited by maxshah912

Want to Speed up NVC Process ?

Check Guides From Guide section for doccuments and list of stuff and follow this steps

Step 1 After USCIS NOA2 Gather all AOS / IV Package Documents In 3 weeks

Between USCIS Approving and NVC Case Number you have 2 to 3 weeks gather all AOS and IV Documents Get package ready.

Step 2 Obtain NVC Invoice and Case number.

​After 2 weeks of NOA2 Keep on Calling NVC every day to get case number And Invoice number

Step 3 Pay First Fee and DS261

After getting NVC Case Number and Invoice Number Log in to webpage Pay First Fee and Fill out DS261 Takes 24 to 38 Hr to get fee status paid.

Step 4 Conform Agent / Ds261 Over Phone and Sent out Documents

Once First fee turns Paid Online ( Usualy 24 to 48 hr) Call NVC And conform choice of agent over Phone If they won't keep on calling them Until someone will Or other fee won't be unlocked.Also Once you get Welcome letter on email Print out Document Checklist sheet And Sent in your documents to NVC

Step 5 Pay Other Fee and Fill out DS260 (Total time from DS 261 to here should be no longer then 15 days )

​Step 6 Conform Document delivery AT NVC And Ask them Processing Time..

Step 7 Check For CC ( Hopefully no REF )

Call them every other day 2 weeks from DS260 and Check status.. Also Check Online NVC Page If you have 3 N/A your case Complete! Congratulation you are almost done.

Step 8 48 Hr After CC Conformation Call NVC For appointment for interview

Congratulation On your NVC CC AND Good Luck with Interview

Need Help? Feel free to contact me Or Post in appropriate forum section

​Like my suggestion ?

Rep would be nice for help.

Help other and spread Knowledge!

Timeline

My current and 2015 income met poverty guideline but my 2014 and 2013 is under guild line my AOS was accepted without assets

If you going to show assets as supplement income make sure it's 5 times different for F4 and family. And IR / CR spouses 3 times

And submit supporting documents. And no need to submit tax rerun of all yr just last yr and other 2 yr IRS transcript is fine.

Best Assets to show would be bank statement. But I would still say a pice assets and sign joint sponsor if possible

Submit new i864 signed and not copy every time you change something in i864 has to sign and submit no copy or they will send you back.

Hi Thank you for your input. Our joint sponsor was also the same his 2015 income did not meet the poverty guideline, his annual income was $39+++ but in his Tax return 1040, line 22 minus all deductibles (which i don't really quite understand) his income came down to $18+++. IN short the RFE yellow paper that i have, clearly noted at the bottom: :"THE TOTAL INCOME (line 22) on IRS form 1040 is used to determine qualifying income for a sponsor not the "Gross receipts" (line 1) from IRS schedule c or c-ez".

Questions:

1. His current income is now $50+++ and this should meet the 125% poverty guideline for a household of 3. But the thing is how can we use this as evidence that he meets the sponsor requirements? Should we just make copies of his paystubs, w-2s for the last 6 months along with the same copies of his 2015 Tax transcript?

2. Is Employment Verification from his Employer's website enough evidence that he's been employed since 2012, including his title position, hourly wages, and gross annual income? (this is what we submitted, I'm just making sure if this is enough or i should include another proof of employment).

3. If all income from his job isn't enough, He has 2 rental properties that he can use to supplement income it as i checked his 1040 it is actually indicated in there, what additional documents should we submit to support this? I would like to avoid asking too much of a favor from our joint sponsor like getting it appraised as i heard it will cost him. Do tax assessment good enough?

This is really stressful. :(

07/15/2016 - Biometrics

09/12/2016 - Infopass for 8am to Request for Expedited I-131 (Request APPROVED base on USCIS website)

Timeline

Okay now i understand why In 1040, line 22 his income came down to $18+++, its because of his Rental real estate deductibles. Am i reading too much into this note that i read at the bottom of the RFE? Is this note even applied to him or it's only for those who are self employed? Can anyone shed some light on this case? My joint sponsor clearly earn enough and has 2 rental properties (included in his 1040 schedule E, Supplemental income and loss).

What should we do best in this case?

a. Should we go ahead and submit latest paystubs, w-2s for the last 6 months (to justify his current annual income of $50+++), new copy of his recent tax transcript (2015) and new Form of I-864?

b. or all of the A, then include his proof of ownership of those 2 properties including the value/equity and the dates acquired?

Sorry for being confusing i just want to be as thorough as possible. Pls. help. Thank you!

07/15/2016 - Biometrics

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Okay now i understand why In 1040, line 22 his income came down to $18+++, its because of his Rental real estate deductibles. Am i reading too much into this note that i read at the bottom of the RFE? Is this note even applied to him or it's only for those who are self employed? Can anyone shed some light on this case? My joint sponsor clearly earn enough and has 2 rental properties (included in his 1040 schedule E, Supplemental income and loss).

What should we do best in this case?

a. Should we go ahead and submit latest paystubs, w-2s for the last 6 months (to justify his current annual income of $50+++), new copy of his recent tax transcript (2015) and new Form of I-864?

b. or all of the A, then include his proof of ownership of those 2 properties including the value/equity and the dates acquired?

Sorry for being confusing i just want to be as thorough as possible. Pls. help. Thank you!

You can do B

Just to satisfy them. They are going to see Gross income from tax which I am assuming 19+++ for 2015. So minimum guidelines of 150% what ever the difference is that property should cover it.

As for employment income verification. Don't do it from website.

Have supervisor / or someone over him write / typed letter stating his name title annual income and company stamp / logo paper print and sign by supervisor

Hope that helps

Want to Speed up NVC Process ?

Check Guides From Guide section for doccuments and list of stuff and follow this steps

Step 1 After USCIS NOA2 Gather all AOS / IV Package Documents In 3 weeks

Between USCIS Approving and NVC Case Number you have 2 to 3 weeks gather all AOS and IV Documents Get package ready.

Step 2 Obtain NVC Invoice and Case number.

​After 2 weeks of NOA2 Keep on Calling NVC every day to get case number And Invoice number

Step 3 Pay First Fee and DS261

After getting NVC Case Number and Invoice Number Log in to webpage Pay First Fee and Fill out DS261 Takes 24 to 38 Hr to get fee status paid.

Step 4 Conform Agent / Ds261 Over Phone and Sent out Documents

Once First fee turns Paid Online ( Usualy 24 to 48 hr) Call NVC And conform choice of agent over Phone If they won't keep on calling them Until someone will Or other fee won't be unlocked.Also Once you get Welcome letter on email Print out Document Checklist sheet And Sent in your documents to NVC

Step 5 Pay Other Fee and Fill out DS260 (Total time from DS 261 to here should be no longer then 15 days )

​Step 6 Conform Document delivery AT NVC And Ask them Processing Time..

Step 7 Check For CC ( Hopefully no REF )

Call them every other day 2 weeks from DS260 and Check status.. Also Check Online NVC Page If you have 3 N/A your case Complete! Congratulation you are almost done.

Step 8 48 Hr After CC Conformation Call NVC For appointment for interview

Congratulation On your NVC CC AND Good Luck with Interview

Need Help? Feel free to contact me Or Post in appropriate forum section

​Like my suggestion ?

Rep would be nice for help.

Help other and spread Knowledge!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.