mazakman

waiting for k-1 visa interview in Abu Dhabi

18 posts in this topic

So you did already pay the $265 before you got an I-view date, I was thinking you got an I-view appt. w/out paying first, and was wondering how that happened. We're still waiting for appt. slots to become available and then we pay when one opens. Hope one opens up next week? So was the payment clear and easy to understand? Did you pay by cash or credit and does it have a receipt pg. that a person can copy for their records? We're still trying to figure out how to obtain a Singapore police cert. as we need a "Form Letter" and fingerprints from the embassy. I emailed the embassy about this months ago but never got a reply, so maybe they take care of this after the I-view? Does anybody know for sure how they handle this?

So you did already pay the $265 before you got an I-view date, I was thinking you got an I-view appt. w/out paying first, and was wondering how that happened. We're still waiting for appt. slots to become available and then we pay when one opens. Hope one opens up next week? So was the payment clear and easy to understand? Did you pay by cash or credit and does it have a receipt pg. that a person can copy for their records? We're still trying to figure out how to obtain a Singapore police cert. as we need a "Form Letter" and fingerprints from the embassy. I emailed the embassy about this months ago but never got a reply, so maybe they take care of this after the I-view? Does anybody know for sure how they handle this?

ok, first off, nothing happens AFTER the interview. All required documents must be available the day of the interview. That includes police clearances for both, UAE a well as his/her native country.

We paid with credit card. I don't think the process is too complicated. Once you pay, you should receive a confirmation email that serves as receipt for payment. At that point you should also receive further instructions.

I wouldn't expect a date to become available withing a week. We had to wait for about a month.

AOS/AD,EAD

2016-06-20 AOS/AP/EAD sent to Chicago lockbox

2016-06-22 Package received

2016-07-01 check cashed

2016-07-05 NOA1 email messages received

2016-07-08 received 3 NOA1 hard copies

2016-07-15 Biometrics letter received, scheduled for July 29

2016-07-19 Biometrics completed, walk-in at Morrisville, NC office

2016-07-25 All 3 receipt numbers start showing up online

2016-08-15 I-485 status changed to "Ready to be Scheduled for Interview"

2016-08-27 Received notices that EAD and AP are approved

2016-09-03 Received I-797 approval notices for EAD/AP in the mail

2016-09-06 Received EAD/AP combo card

2016-09-22 Interviewed Sep. 22, Green card not approved due to missing paperwork

2016-09-26 Submitted missing documentation

2016-09-28 Received text messages for I-485 "new card ordered" and "case was approved"

​2016-09-29 Went o local office to have passport stamped with I-551

2016-10-05 Green card arrived via Priority Mail (105 days)

not sure, as I read from other people on this site that they were given a request letter by the embassy for their Singapore COC on the day of their I-view and it was taken care of afterwards? Although I think they went thru the Manila US embassy. so I don't know about how Abu Dhabi processes it?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.