Denise617

Jamaica Embassy

7 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I recieved my approval from NVC on Feb. 1 & my Approval was sent to Jamaica, we haven't heard anything from the embassy to date. Is this normal?

Join us in the Jamaican thread at http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...mp;#entry768825

All questions can be answered there a lot of people have there interviews this month and you can ask them questions?

You have to call the Embassy in Jamaica to get an interview date. They are only open Monday and Friday Eastern time from 1:30 until 3:30pm. You will find the embassy number under Embassy Info at the top. You will push 1 then 3 and then 3 again. It is tough getting someone on the line but hang in there. They will need your case number. Hope this helps.

One Luv

Jax

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

• 1 month later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I would advise your fiance in Jamaica to check the mail on at least a weekly basis. I received approval from the NVC in September 2006, the Kingston embassy sent out the interview packet sometime in Oct 06, but they do not inform you when they do this, so it's best for your fiance to check the mail often. In my case the packet was returned and had to be sent out again. Also once he does the paperwork to get an interview date, I would advise your fiance to continously check because we didn't get our appointment letter until 2 days before the interview! Jamaica mail is slow and unpredictable. You can email the embassy to find out whether or not they sent out a packet yet at: kingstonivinfo@state.gov

03-31-06 Filed K-1 papers

04-13-06 received NOA 1

09-24-06 k-1 approved, yeah!

10-02-06 NVC letter received/Papers sent to Kingston/Interview packet sent to fiance

10-24-06 Interview packet returned to Kingston by postal service/Had to request them to resend

10-31-06 Received resent packetand immediately sent DS-230 Part I so he could get interview date

01-09-07 Received appointment letter, two days before interview! (JA mail sucks)

01-11-07 Couldn't get us down, made it to the interview anyway, half prepared, given a letter to return

04-17-07 Finally given another interview date after 2 months of emailing/begging, visa approved, yeah!

05-03-07 Got K-1 Visa in hand (was only suppose to take 4-5 days for delivery,actually took 12)

05-11-07 Imagine girl running down beach towards guy to welcome him into her arms with a

passionate kiss, only it's the airport. He's arrives on Friday!

06-21-07 Our wedding date! It's a civil ceremony, but I'm excited nonetheless

07-12-07 Mailed AOS application/form (wish me luck)

07-25-07 Checks cashed by DHS

07-28-07 Received NOA 1

08-23-07 Biometrics Appt (have to reschedule out of town)

08-31-07 Rescheduled Biometrics

09-25-07 Received EAD

09-25-07 Received AP

09-25-07 Received NOA 2

11-19-07 Appointment for Initial Interview for AOS

11-19-07 Conditional Green Card Approved!!!!

• 1 month later...
Filed: Timeline

B)-->

QUOTE(Tricia B @ May 3 2007, 05:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I would advise your fiance in Jamaica to check the mail on at least a weekly basis. I received approval from the NVC in September 2006, the Kingston embassy sent out the interview packet sometime in Oct 06, but they do not inform you when they do this, so it's best for your fiance to check the mail often. In my case the packet was returned and had to be sent out again. Also once he does the paperwork to get an interview date, I would advise your fiance to continously check because we didn't get our appointment letter until 2 days before the interview! Jamaica mail is slow and unpredictable. You can email the embassy to find out whether or not they sent out a packet yet at: kingstonivinfo@state.gov

Filed: Timeline

I downloaded a DS-2001 (formerly OF-169) & DS-130 (Part II). Since my husband has not received a Packet 3, can he hand deliver the forms to the embassy in Kingston? It seems like every thing is by appointment only. Once he submits the forms, does any one know how long it will take to get an interview? We have been married for almost 8 months. Please advise.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
I downloaded a DS-2001 (formerly OF-169) & DS-130 (Part II). Since my husband has not received a Packet 3, can he hand deliver the forms to the embassy in Kingston? It seems like every thing is by appointment only. Once he submits the forms, does any one know how long it will take to get an interview? We have been married for almost 8 months. Please advise.

Interview will come in 2 to 3 months once the form is dropped off.

I don't know about the forms being dropped off to the Embassy please ask this question in the Yardies forum. Under Region Carri bean. There are many veterans how can help you gals. I filed the CR1 so can't help with that question.

Met Jan 1998, vows on 2006, Jay Jay born 2008, baby 2 - 2011

Look at time line for visa information

xTr6m6.png

Great Cook Shop in the Chicago Land Area: Montego Bay Jerk Chicken Restaurant in Bellwood IL

lXHgm6.png

CuySm6.png

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Interview will come in 2 to 3 months once the form is dropped off.

I don't know about the forms being dropped off to the Embassy please ask this question in the Yardies forum. Under Region Carri bean. There are many veterans how can help you gals. I filed the CR1 so can't help with that question.

You can send the ds 230 by mail or courier,

4462482_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Me turn professional panhandler!!! but mi look good, don't??

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.