Lizziepeks

I-134 (CERTIFICATE OF CITIZENSHIP)

4 posts in this topic

Hi,

I need people who have been in the same situation to answer please!!!!

My finance and I are waiting for our I-129f to be approved but the only problem we seem to have now is how to go about answering the I-134 form needed for the K1 Visa, My fiancé the petitioner got his citizenship through his parents and came into the country when he was 16, his parents never got him a citizenship certificate so he has none on record all he has is his US Passport.

My question now is how do we fill and answer the I-134form question about certificate of citizenship number

a) should his father fill the I-134form instead as my sponsor

b) should we write a letter stating the situation

c) should we print a copy of his passport and attach to the I-134

d) best answer would be appreciated

Thanks everyone for your help!!!!

JEREMIAH 33:3

I am just like your fiance. I was born abroad (United Arab Emirates) and got my citizenship from my mother. When I filed my K-1 through an immigration attorney, he chose the line that states I got citizenship through other means and he had to attach an explanation. In my case he attached my birth certificate, which shows that I am a U.S. citizen born abroad and my parents obtained that certificate when we lived overseas from the US Embassy in the UAE.

Your fiance may need to get a birth certificate. I don't think his passport will suffice.

I am just like your fiance. I was born abroad (United Arab Emirates) and got my citizenship from my mother. When I filed my K-1 through an immigration attorney, he chose the line that states I got citizenship through other means and he had to attach an explanation. In my case he attached my birth certificate, which shows that I am a U.S. citizen born abroad and my parents obtained that certificate when we lived overseas from the US Embassy in the UAE.

Your fiance may need to get a birth certificate. I don't think his passport will suffice.

Thanks for taking out time to reply

My fiancé has a Nigerian birth certificate which I plan on taking with me, I would also attach a letter of explanation (maybe a notorized one) with copies of his passport details hopefully this would be enough.

B & C is your answers also add birth-vert

Thank you.

Edited by Lizziepeks

JEREMIAH 33:3

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.