Tassie

How to reapply for EAD

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Hi all,

I am married after entering the US on a K1 Visa. I have applied for my AOS (in April 2014, still peding) and at the same time I applied for my EAD and AP. I received both and am looking for a renewal EAD and AP.

I am filing out form I-765 now but have a few questions. How do I find which USCIS office I sent my employment authorization to and the date? (Q11) (would it be the Chicago Lockbox?)

What exactly is my current immigration status? (Q15)

Would I still put ©(9) as my eligibility catagory? (Q16)

Also will this renewal automatically renew my AP as well?

I hope this is the right spot to ask these questions. Thank you

Hi all,

I am married after entering the US on a K1 Visa. I have applied for my AOS (in April 2014, still peding) and at the same time I applied for my EAD and AP. I received both and am looking for a renewal EAD and AP.

I am filing out form I-765 now but have a few questions. How do I find which USCIS office I sent my employment authorization to and the date? (Q11) (would it be the Chicago Lockbox?)

What exactly is my current immigration status? (Q15)

Would I still put ©(9) as my eligibility catagory? (Q16)

Also will this renewal automatically renew my AP as well?

I hope this is the right spot to ask these questions. Thank you

#11 Do you still have your EAD/AP approval letter that USCIS sent you?

Otherwise, I would just put Chicago Lockbox.

#15 current immigration status would be K-1 visa holder/adjustment applicant

#16 ©(9) Pending Family Based Form I-485 Application to Register Permanent Resident

You have to send in the AP form I-131 as well.

Remember to include a copy of AOS NOA1 letter (I-485 receipt copy)

Done with K1, AOS and ROC

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

#16 ©(9) Pending Family Based Form I-485 Application to Register Permanent Resident

Thank you very much.

#11. Yes, I just found the tear off section, which helps with the issuing and the gives the right location :)

#15 & 16. Thanks, I though as much but wanted to make sure

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hello Fellow VJs,

My husband also applied for aos in april 2014 still pending...

So I also had questions before I apply for renewal for 131 & 765

Firstly, I was confused as to whether we have to submit any kind of fee for renewal.

I paid all the fees when applying for the 485.

When I called USCIS the rep seemed more confused than I.. lol

After reading the instructions and fees online it seems clear that fees don't apply for us...?

Another vj stated in a post that the bio metric fee is unnecessary and there is no need to send updated photos for renewal?

Is it necessary to send birth certificate, passport bio page copies, stamped pgs, & all required docs when we filed the first time?

I noticed the webpage says renewals are to be sent to chicago lock box; the tear off page that came with the card can I send a copy of it or they need original?

I really appreciate your answers...

The application process is the most stressful for me b/c I freak that I might miss something....

Hello Fellow VJs,

My husband also applied for aos in april 2014 still pending...

So I also had questions before I apply for renewal for 131 & 765

Firstly, I was confused as to whether we have to submit any kind of fee for renewal.

I paid all the fees when applying for the 485.

When I called USCIS the rep seemed more confused than I.. lol

After reading the instructions and fees online it seems clear that fees don't apply for us...?

Another vj stated in a post that the bio metric fee is unnecessary and there is no need to send updated photos for renewal?

Is it necessary to send birth certificate, passport bio page copies, stamped pgs, & all required docs when we filed the first time?

I noticed the webpage says renewals are to be sent to chicago lock box; the tear off page that came with the card can I send a copy of it or they need original?

I really appreciate your answers...

The application process is the most stressful for me b/c I freak that I might miss something....

EAD renewal is FREE!

See here: http://www.uscis.gov.../i-765instr.pdf top of page 8 (this is in the filing fee section) it says for "renewal EAD" if you're filing under category C9 (which is what a pending AOS is) then there's no fee.

USCIS recommends you file for renewal documents 120 days before your current documents will expire.

Follow this thread for checklist

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/537415-eadap-combo-card-renewal-checklist/

Done with K1, AOS and ROC

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

thank you :)

yes c9 is my category

thank you for the check list link...

now im just trying to figure what stuff from the list are necessary and not just additional... lol :bonk:

EAD renewal is FREE!

See here: http://www.uscis.gov.../i-765instr.pdf top of page 8 (this is in the filing fee section) it says for "renewal EAD" if you're filing under category C9 (which is what a pending AOS is) then there's no fee.

USCIS recommends you file for renewal documents 120 days before your current documents will expire.

Follow this thread for checklist
http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/537415-eadap-combo-card-renewal-checklist/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.