dmhweb

Changes in Russian Visa Registration...

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

As noted in another thread new laws in Russia regarding Visa Registration process became effective Jan. 15, 2007.

Looks like they are trying to simplify things but in Russia this may only mean it will be more confusing and/or cost more money! :lol:

http://www.themoscowtimes.com/stories/2007/02/05/001.html

725268776.png

Timeline
As noted in another thread new laws in Russia regarding Visa Registration process became effective Jan. 15, 2007.

Looks like they are trying to simplify things but in Russia this may only mean it will be more confusing and/or cost more money! :lol:

http://www.themoscowtimes.com/stories/2007/02/05/001.html

That link is requiring a password so here is another... maybe only good for the rest of the day... Same article.

http://www.sptimes.ru/index.php?action_id=...;story_id=20270

725268776.png

Timeline

Looks like they are shifting the burden onto the inviting party...

Several of us out here certainly appreciate the foot work you're doing on this subject. Five of us have decided to travel to Russia together in May at the same time, three of us to visit our fiance's and two to meet their girls for the first time. All of us will be met by our girls in Moscow, spend a night and then do the overnight train ride to their city.

All of us have contacted our girls, and they know each other, and told them about this new visa thing....none of them knew anything about it so they're going to try and find out the details in their city.

My fiance actully sounded dumb founded when I ask her about it.

As soon as I hear back from my fiance I'll post on it.

Thanks again,

Bruc

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Looks like they are shifting the burden onto the inviting party...

Several of us out here certainly appreciate the foot work you're doing on this subject. Five of us have decided to travel to Russia together in May at the same time, three of us to visit our fiance's and two to meet their girls for the first time. All of us will be met by our girls in Moscow, spend a night and then do the overnight train ride to their city.

All of us have contacted our girls, and they know each other, and told them about this new visa thing....none of them knew anything about it so they're going to try and find out the details in their city.

My fiance actully sounded dumb founded when I ask her about it.

As soon as I hear back from my fiance I'll post on it.

Thanks again,

Bruc

Last time i as in Russia I forgot to register when i arrived. Caused a small problem when i ws `ready to leave. Cost me 50 bucks foran vexit visa

filed 129 with vermont 4/19/06

first notice 5/3/06?

IMRA RFE 6/19/06

snail mail RFE 6/22/06

returned 6/22/06

email they recieved 6/26/06

second RFE email 7/11/06

recieved 7/22

returned 7/24

touched 7/25

APProved 10/02/06

NVC sent to Moscow 10/17/06

package from Embassy 11/17/06

interview 01/11/07

approved visa 01/11/07

arrived 02/7/07

married 04/13/07

filed AOS 05/13/07

biometrics 06/06/07

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Regisitration is SUCH a HUGE P.I.T.A. I always wind up having to spend a day in the hellish passport office and PAY a little help to the local director of the office to get my registration approved.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
Registration is SUCH a HUGE P.I.T.A. I always wind up having to spend a day in the hellish passport office and PAY a little help to the local director of the office to get my registration approved.
Everyone's experience various on this. My fiancee always called in advance to learn the office hours. Then we'd go to the bank and pay trivial amount and bring the slip to the office along with one cheap black and white photo. We always came on time and there was no lines. Took about 10 minutes. Perhaps not that many foreigners registering in siberia?

I am not sure about the new rules or how they will work. So I can't comment since I have no personal experience with them. But from a personal stand point I am not going to Russia any time soon either. That is the last place I want spend my money or vacation time at. Much rather take the all inclusive cruise or Mexican getaway.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.