zuluweta

Philippines terminal fees part of airline ticket cost starting October 1, 2014

45 posts in this topic

Looks like no more lining up at those terminal fee counters at Philippines airports?

http://www.rappler.com/business/industries/171-aviation-tourism/69850-terminal-fees-airline-ticket-cost

Check my timeline for K-1 visa & AOS details

Conditional Permanent Resident: 16 September 2014

Conditional GC Expires: 16 September 2016

ROC Journey (CA Service Center)

2016-Sep-14: I-751 form, check, supporting docs sent USPS Priority Express

2016-Sep-15: ROC application received & signed for by Lakelieh

2016-Sep-15: NOA receipt date

2016-Sep-19: $590 check cashed by USCIS

2016-Sep-20: NOA/ 1-year extension letter received in mail

2018-Feb-26: ROC case transferred to local office

2018-Mar-06: ROC approved via USCIS website (WAC status check)

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Looks like no more lining up at those terminal fee counters at Philippines airports?

http://www.rappler.com/business/industries/171-aviation-tourism/69850-terminal-fees-airline-ticket-cost

That will only happen with tickets purchased within the Philippines, tickets purchased online or aboard will not have that fee collected so still need to be ready to pay it.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

That will only happen with tickets purchased within the Philippines, tickets purchased online or aboard will not have that fee collected so still need to be ready to pay it.

But the article says the Philippine authorities will be getting rid of terminal fee counters. Where is an online ticket purchaser supposed to go to pay the fees?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Let's see what they come up with. Everyone was bracing for a disaster when they started online appointments for CFO classes, but the system came online quite smoothly. Maybe they are better at rolling these things out than we give them credit for.

Let's see what they come up with. Everyone was bracing for a disaster when they started online appointments for CFO classes, but the system came online quite smoothly. Maybe they are better at rolling these things out than we give them credit for.

What do you mean by "online appointments for CFO classes..." ? I see where you can fill out a pre-registration form to bring with you to CFO, but everything else I read says it's still first come first served for CFO.

What do you mean by "online appointments for CFO classes..." ? I see where you can fill out a pre-registration form to bring with you to CFO, but everything else I read says it's still first come first served for CFO.

http://www.gcp-appointment.cfo.gov.ph/

http://www.cfo.gov.ph/images/speeches/GCPflyer_GOAS05092014.pdf

Edited by iammrsregi

Timeline

Only at CFO Cebu is it first come first served, in Manila there is an online appointment system. In is in the link below.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Ah, ok thanks for clearing that up for me... I guess I remembered reading forum posts about waiting - and they were talking about the Cebu location.

I sent the above links to my fiancé to help her schedule in Manila.

Thanks again.

Timeline

Ah, ok thanks for clearing that up for me... I guess I remembered reading forum posts about waiting - and they were talking about the Cebu location.

I sent the above links to my fiancé to help her schedule in Manila.

Thanks again.

The appointment system is fairly new in Manila, it was first come, first served at before.

From the CFO tab in my link:

EFFECTIVE 15 MAY, 2014!!!!!!! CFO seminar for Manila will be by APPOINTMENT ONLY!!

Edited by Hank_

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

No clue, I guess we will be finding out soon as Oct is just around the counter.

Already, some sectors in the Philippines are up in arms about this new plan, to wit:

http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/global-filipino/09/24/14/ofws-urged-protest-inclusion-naia-terminal-fee-airline-tickets

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I suppose we are too used to the US government, which butchers just about every roll out it tries. As for the Philippines government, I was impressed by the smooth roll out of the CFO reservation system, so I am willing to wait and see if this goes just as smoothly.

I would rather see it included in the ticket price to reduce the amount of cash needed to be handled at the airport.

Edited by Al422

Filed: Timeline

I suppose we are too used to the US government, which butchers just about every roll out it tries. As for the Philippines government, I was impressed by the smooth roll out of the CFO reservation system, so I am willing to wait and see if this goes just as smoothly.

I would rather see it included in the ticket price to reduce the amount of cash needed to be handled at the airport.

Ideally, this would be the best scenario but how they chose to implement it (without any regard for those exempted) is wrong. This would be similar to the travel tax collection confusion, there are just too many exemptions to deal with.

Trouble there is they only include it for ticket purchased within the Phils.

They are planning to include it even for tickets purchased outside the Phils. How they can enforce or implement this ... who knows.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.