jerryv

Lebanese Police Certificate and Interview

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

My fiancée has applied for her Lebanese Police Clearance Certificate back on April 22nd. She worked in Lebanon for 1.5 years about 7 years ago. She submitted all the paperwork that they requested and the payment. Has anybody, who has applied for an Lebanese Police Clearance Certificate, ever received it? They are telling her that it will take 3 to 6 months. Therefore, the earliest that she can get it is around July 22. Her interview at the US Embassy in Manila is on July 8th. If she doesn't receive it by the time of her interview, she will just explain to them that she has applied for it. Has anyone experience having the interview without having their police clearance certificate at the time of the interview? If so, please let me know what happened.

Thank you,

Jerry

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

My fiancée has applied for her Lebanese Police Clearance Certificate back on April 22nd. She worked in Lebanon for 1.5 years about 7 years ago. She submitted all the paperwork that they requested and the payment. Has anybody, who has applied for an Lebanese Police Clearance Certificate, ever received it? They are telling her that it will take 3 to 6 months. Therefore, the earliest that she can get it is around July 22. Her interview at the US Embassy in Manila is on July 8th. If she doesn't receive it by the time of her interview, she will just explain to them that she has applied for it. Has anyone experience having the interview without having their police clearance certificate at the time of the interview? If so, please let me know what happened.

Thank you,

Jerry

It has happened, the embassy will issue a 221g for the police certificate, there will be instructions on how to submit the document when you finally get it.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

• 1 month later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thank you,

Jerry

Hey Jerry, John here. My wife applied for her Police Cert over 5 weeks ago at the Lebanese Embassy in Manila. Maybe 6 weeks by now. The lady (Jenny) told my wife that it would take 1-2 months back then. But last week, before the Typhoon hit, she went back to ask about the progress of that....and now the Jenny told my wife that it will probably be possibly 3-6 months!! Wow!! So in anger, I went to the Lebanese Embassy here in Los Angeles and asked a high ranking official there what the deal was, and they said they have no control over what other Embassies do. But, she did give me a bit of insight though.

1.) The Lebanese Embassy in Los Angeles does not charge for the efforts of getting someone a Police Certificate. Only to have it translated if necessary. So right away, I'm suspicious of the people working the counter at the Lebanese Embassy. Because my wife did not get a receipt for the 2000 pesos they asked of her.

2.) My wife as a cousin who is working just 13Km from Beirut, which is one of the places where you can get a Police Cert THE SAME DAY!! But you have to be in person. So....if your wife has a relative still working there, that may be an option if you were to give her power of attorney....and send her the same info your wife gave to the Embassy you're dealing with in the Philippines.

3.) If you do have a contact in Lebanon, and you want to go that route (which I'm going to do), the lady from the Los Angeles Embassy told me to get a letter drawn up by the Philippine Embassy you're dealing with stating you're requesting a police cert on behalf of "whomever" (your wife, etc), give that person power of attorney, and send your contact the same info you have the Philippine Embassy in the 1st place to get your Police Cert. From what I understand....they can get the Police Cert THE SAME DAY!! Then of course, your contact could mail it to your wife or you.

I'm not sure if it will be translated or not...but I noticed at the Los Angeles Lebanese Embassy, that they offer official translating services for documents. I think for a Police cert it was 12 or $20.

Anyways.....if you have any other questions, I noticed you're also here in California. Just send me a personal message here with your phone number and I'll call you.

Hope this helps.

John

Related links......

www.wikiprocedure.com/index.php?title=Lebanon_-_Obtain_police_clearance_certificate&diff=12963&oldid=7927

• 3 years later...

I got thesame situation right now😣

I am.just about to apply PC in lebanon embassy in manila today...

So how many months you guys have recieved the PC from lebanon embassy since the day you file?? And hows the interview then without having it during interview time?? 

I guess this thread were been posted for past a years but i hope someone will help some information here :(

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Start a new topic with your question.  Box to the upper right of main page

Police Clearance Reciprocity
https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/Visa-Reciprocity-and-Civil-Documents-by-Country.html

Edited by Hank_

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.