Al422

Police Clearance Hong Kong and Singapore

32 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

ustraveldocs said they have an update but they tell us to log onto our account to view the details

Yet all the ustraveldocs account has is the contact info we put in and the interview appointment date

Is there some place we need to look for this info that I am not seeing?

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline

This does not appear to be a very popular topic.

But I am getting nowhere.

They are ignoring my emails, and I rtied calling both the embassy and ustraveldocs. Both tell me I have to do this by email. When I tell them that my emails are bing ignored they tell me to send another email. I do that, and that email gets ignored too.

THe only trick I have left in my hat is to get my Congress Member invovled, and I am a day or two away from doing that. The embassy simply cannot have it both ways, to demand a SINgapore police clearance and make it impossible to get one by ignoring a simple request that wil take them a minute or two to respond to.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline

This does not appear to be a very popular topic.

But I am getting nowhere.

They are ignoring my emails, and I rtied calling both the embassy and ustraveldocs. Both tell me I have to do this by email. When I tell them that my emails are bing ignored they tell me to send another email. I do that, and that email gets ignored too.

THe only trick I have left in my hat is to get my Congress Member invovled, and I am a day or two away from doing that. The embassy simply cannot have it both ways, to demand a SINgapore police clearance and make it impossible to get one by ignoring a simple request that wil take them a minute or two to respond to.

BTW i called the SPF's COC office today on behalf of someone else who also wanted to know whether the printed checklist off the embassy website is sufficient to request the COC. This is how the conversation went:

Me: Hi, I'm calling to find out what documents are required to obtain a COC from abroad for a foreign national. The applicant is applying for a fiance visa at the US embassy in Manila. She was only able to obtain a print out of the checklist from the embassy website that lists police certificates as one of the required documents. It does not have her name on it. Will this suffice?

SPF officer: That is fine, we will accept it as long as it has the US embassy's letterhead.

No need to get your congress member involved, just send in the printed checklist linked in post no. 4.

Edited by kitthekat

Flying to Seattle on 6 May 2014!

Timeline

Thanks so much. Candy will be in Manila in 12 days, so if she gets nowhere with then at at that time, we will certainly use this as a backup plan.

Timeline

SOLVED. The Embassy mailed the letter to my fiance's home address. It took 30 days. I don't fault them for the time it took as this is about the speed to expect here; however I do fault them for telling me it wil take 7 days and then have it take 30. That made unnecessary work both for them and for us.

I just wonder which email they responded to? #1, #2 or #3?

Edited by Al422

• 1 month later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Ok, sorry if I missed your reply on this, but have you tried just using the printout of the checklist I linked you to? Has SPF expressly rejected it? Because they have accepted the checklist from other foreign national applicants no problem.

Alternatively, worst case scenario:

She goes to the interview at USEM anyway, without the police certificates. She will receive a 221(g) form asking her to submit the certs. At the interview, she will have to request that letter she needs, on the spot. Immediately after the interview, she can put in the request with Hong Kong/Singapore using that letter. Singapore will take 4-6 weeks to send it overseas. I don't know about Hong Kong.

There will be a slight delay for her receiving the visa, but at least you have an option to move forward.

Hello kitthekat if i print out the link do i have to print all or just the page where Police Certificate is?

Timeline

Hong Kong did exactly as promised, filing their COC with USEM within 30 days but actually did it much faster. They accepted our NVC letter instead of anything from Manila and sent the COC. I confirmed with USEM that it got there and is on fille.

Singapore sends it to the applicant at whatever address she specifies as the postal address. Most of the delay there was from having to squeeze the specific letter SIngapore demands out of USEM. Once we did that we filed with SIngapore immediately. Candy was able to call them to confirm it will be sent out on the promised day 15 (that was yesterday).. BUT it took 2 weeks for the application to reach the desk of whoever sends it from the Singapore police, and that is not part of the 15 days. Now supposedly it has been sent. Let us see how long it takes to reach Candy.

Timeline

Hong Kong did exactly as promised, filing their COC with USEM within 30 days but actually did it much faster. They accepted our NVC letter instead of anything from Manila and sent the COC. I confirmed with USEM that it got there and is on fille.

Singapore sends it to the applicant at whatever address she specifies as the postal address. Most of the delay there was from having to squeeze the specific letter SIngapore demands out of USEM. Once we did that we filed with SIngapore immediately. Candy was able to call them to confirm it will be sent out on the promised day 15 (that was yesterday).. BUT it took 2 weeks for the application to reach the desk of whoever sends it from the Singapore police, and that is not part of the 15 days. Now supposedly it has been sent. Let us see how long it takes to reach Candy.

Hello AL422 how about noa2 do u think they will accept it? We just got our case number?

Timeline

Hello AL422 how about noa2 do u think they will accept it? We just got our case number?

NOA2 does not have your consulate case number on it. They want something official with the consulate case number and the specific consulate. That is I think why they accepted our NVC letter.

Are you there now in HK? Candy works there so she went to the police station and inquired in person.

If you are, go there and show them what you have.

Edited by Al422

Timeline

NOA2 does not have your consulate case number on it. They want something official with the consulate case number and the specific consulate. That is I think why they accepted our NVC letter.

Are you there now in HK? Candy works there so she went to the police station and inquired in person.

If you are, go there and show them what you have.

Thanks AI422 Already been home to Philippines since 2011 we have not receive our packet 3 from embassy or nvc letter yet only case number.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline

Hello kitthekat if i print out the link do i have to print all or just the page where Police Certificate is?

Hi - in your PM to me, you mentioned you are applying for a Hong Kong police certificate. My advice was for a Singapore police certificate. I don't know anything about the process for Hong Kong, sorry. If they say they want the letter from the NVC, then you will have to provide that. It should be mailed to the US citizen half of the couple anywhere from 2 weeks-2 months after NOA2.

Flying to Seattle on 6 May 2014!

Timeline

Yes as I recall the NVC letter went to me here in New York, and I scanned and emailed it to Candy. Any thing either of us gets is scanned and emailed to the other automatically.

It arrived here about 30 days after the file was sent by NVC to USEM.

Edited by Al422

Timeline

Yes as I recall the NVC letter went to me here in New York, and I scanned and emailed it to Candy. Any thing either of us gets is scanned and emailed to the other automatically.

It arrived here about 30 days after the file was sent by NVC to USEM.

Hello AL422 i went to USEM to get my request form to sent to hing kong with our number and others :D may i ask what other documents did u send to hk? Do i really have to take fingerprints?

Thank you!

Timeline

Hello again i have a stupid question this time i hope you guys can help me. On the last 2 part of concc Application for data collection. Heres the question. "At the time ,did you leave hong kong on an immigrant visa"? I answered no "if no what kind of visa" i answered Working visa. On the last question "Since leaving hk,have you aquired permanent residency status or citizenship of any other place"? I answered "No" i'm sorry guys i'm confuse this whole thing is making me stupid really :D i appreciate any help.

Thank You.

Timeline

You answered the questions correctly, and yes they do want fingerprints. Are you back in Phil? Go to the police station there and have it done.

Here are all the requirements: http://www.police.gov.hk/ppp_en/11_useful_info/cert_no_crime.html#oversea

Although it says they want a noitce that indicates the COC must be obtained, they accepted our NVC letter, which does not say that. And it flew, as I confirmed with USEM by email that they have COC on file.

Edited by Al422

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.