RosaMystica7

France/America couples

2,690 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: France
Timeline
A thing I dont understand about this vaccine and makes me suspicious is, both my generaliste and gynecologist in France told me it's useless once you had sexual relationship, but when I talk about it with a doctor here in the US, they all say it's a great vaccine and that every women should get it even if you had sexual relationship before.... <_<

What's going on here???

My doctors in France told me the same thing, that basically it is pretty much useless once you've had sexual relationships. But they told me that even if it is useless, it is also in most cases harmless. I havent heard the American side yet, but from what you can read online they praise it as a great vaccine... I am not that convinced.

Timeline
Im sorry to hear that. It was probably Slattery I ve seen. the name sounds familiar. Its probably not possible anymore to go around it...I was lucky on this one!

I feel for you about the gardasil thing. It pissed me off too. USCIS are on trial for that, lots of immigrants complained about being the guinea pig for this vaccines.

I got lucky on this one too. I had my GC interview after I turned 27. How old r you? Is it compulsory to enter the US now?

About Gardasil I dont have a choice, I am 24 y/o so there is no way I can avoid it. My only relief is to think that if there is any bad side effect on me I will sue Merck's and the US governement, and with their crazy law system there I might win and become a multi-billionaire, lol!

There is a waiver available and it costs money. But it is an option... You have to apply for it and explain why you don't want to get the vaccines, can be personal or religious beliefs. I have read of one person going that route, it took an extra 1-2 months but it was approved.

Well I have read here and on other forums that the waiver to avoid a vaccine is most of the time rejected, especially if it only applies to one vaccine of the list. In my case it would be difficult to say that this particular vaccine is against my personal or religious beliefs when I have got all of the others up to date.

I am trying to convince myself that eveyrthing will be ok, with no bad side effects. I dont want to risk delaying receiving my EAD and GC by 1 to 2 months, and by the end having my waiver rejected and so having to do the Gardasil anyway.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

About the Gardasil vaccine, I was lucky and could do it for free in the USA. The Planned Parenthood in my town got a special grant to vaccine girls for free last year, so I was able to get the three shots for free. I agree that it's a useless vaccine in our case (although here they don't get the same message, even my husband told me it was very useful and that I should do it no matter what). Just check around you if Planned Parenthood has that grant. I'm pretty sure they don't anymore, but it might be worth checking.

07/31/08 Entry in USA with K1 visa

08/27/08 Married

05/15/09 Conditional green card received

05/10/11 Permanent green card received

07/28/12 Started naturalization process

08/31/12 Biometrics done

Timeline

I have sent back package 3 to the Paris embassy on Friday by regular mail, I have a doubt now, was it better to send it by certified mail? how did you send yours?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

Sabrina, I'm pretty sure it's fine this way. The odds that your package is getting lost are very small.

I guess a "lettre suivie" would be have been better for your "peace of mind" but other than that...

I guess you should write them a mail in a week, asking them to aknowledge the good reception of your package.

I emailed them once, if you put your case number and phone number, they call you back the next day.

ParisConIV@state.gov

Maybe you'll be able to ask for an estimated interview date in the same time. ;)

I'm warning you tho, the woman who called wasn't very nice and sounded like a mean teacher. :P

Last significant immigration event:

ROC: Approved : 04/17/2013

USCIS works in mysterious ways...

Timeline

Y a d'la vie la dedans ?! :P

Ok, I've been reading last interview reviews and they don't sound so "easy".

Did you guys really come with lots of outgoing relationship proofs?

Because my man doesn't like to write email, I only have a very few and it's more like "Hey sweetie, I'll be working late tonight, don't wait for me, love you" than big love letters.

He doesn't like phone calls neither, most of the time I talk to his voice mail.

He only likes Skype, I have years of skype logs that's for sure, like 2 to 5h a day... but that's pretty much all I have.

Well I have phone logs though, of 1s calls, because he doesn't take the phone but log on Skype then.

Though I keep explaining him that calling with "Free" is free...

I'll come with our trips evidences, maybe a few packages receipts, my few emails and my Skype logs, do you think that will be enough?

Last people who wrote embassy reviews said they got grilled with questions.

Would anyone be kind enough to list what kind of question they've got asked?

Thank you.

Last significant immigration event:

ROC: Approved : 04/17/2013

USCIS works in mysterious ways...

Timeline
Y a d'la vie la dedans ?! :P

Ok, I've been reading last interview reviews and they don't sound so "easy".

Did you guys really come with lots of outgoing relationship proofs?

Because my man doesn't like to write email, I only have a very few and it's more like "Hey sweetie, I'll be working late tonight, don't wait for me, love you" than big love letters.

He doesn't like phone calls neither, most of the time I talk to his voice mail.

He only likes Skype, I have years of skype logs that's for sure, like 2 to 5h a day... but that's pretty much all I have.

Well I have phone logs though, of 1s calls, because he doesn't take the phone but log on Skype then.

Though I keep explaining him that calling with "Free" is free...

I'll come with our trips evidences, maybe a few packages receipts, my few emails and my Skype logs, do you think that will be enough?

Last people who wrote embassy reviews said they got grilled with questions.

Would anyone be kind enough to list what kind of question they've got asked?

Thank you.

I didn't go through the K1 process, but I'm assuming that proof wise it's similar to AOS.

Bring some of the phone calls, emails and postcards. But what is good to is if you visited each other. Then bring a picture of the two of you 1) with family members 2) and or in front of a well known landmark (Eiffel Tower, Empire State Building, etc) write in the back the location, date and name of the people on the picture, add to that copies of the passeport entrance stamp and copies of the plane tickets, train tickets, hotel receipts, etc that show that you met.

Anything that proves you met in the past 2 years or so. Those kind of proofs are harder to fake than letters and have more value for USCIS.

08.2006: Entered with a B-2 visa.

07.06.07: Civil Wedding

07.17.2008 AOS approved with interview. It took 367 Days!

11.08.08: Big family wedding

09.18.09-10.03.09: First trip to France with Hubby

I-751

04.19.10: Package sent to Vermont

04.21.10: Delivered in Vermont

04.22.10: NOA date

04.23.10: Check cashed

05.17.10: Received biometrics appointment letter

06.07.10: Biometrics Appointment

06.26.10: Touched

07.07.10: Card Production Ordered!

07.17.10: Card in the mail :) Done until citizenship

French Thread I

French Thread II

Timeline

It's been a while since my interview (a year and a half ago) so things may have changed since then. I went there with copies of our emails, letters, a few photos, plane tickets, etc. They didn't ask to see any of them.

I think that you should be OK with your trip evidences, emails and Skype logs, and a few pictures (like Cécy said)

Then again, it's probably better if people who had their interview a month or two ago can give you their advice. Things may have changed.

08/27/08 Married

08/31/12 Biometrics done

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline
I got my package 4 in the mail yesterday, interview on December 8th.... soooo happy!!!!

Congrats! You're on your way :)

K1

May 2005 - Met in Berkeley, California

July 03, 2008 - Engaged in Paris, France

July 25, 2008 - I129F sent to CSC

July 28, 2008 - Delivery Confirmation @ CSC

July 31, 2008 - NOA1

July 31, 2008 - Check Cashed

Dec 08, 2008 - touch

Dec 08, 2008 - NOA2

Dec 09, 2008 - touch

Dec 12, 2008 - left NVC

Dec 17, 2008 - rec'd at embassy

Dec 31, 2008 - Packet 3 rec'd

Jan 05, 2009 - Packet 3 returned to USEM

Jan 15, 2009 - Packet 4 rec'd :)

Jan 28, 2009 - Medical Scheduled

Jan 29, 2009 - Interview - APPROVED!!!

Feb 02, 2009 - Visa Issued

Feb 04, 2009 - Visa Rec'd :)

May 15, 2009 - US Entry

May 29, 2009 - Civil Ceremony

AOS/EAD/AP

June 16, 2009 - EAD/AP/AOS sent to Chicago

June 18, 2009 - Arrived in Chicago

June 22, 2009 - NOA1s

June 23, 2009 - Check Cashed

June 29, 2009 - Biometrics Letter Rec'd

July 02, 2009 - AP Touch

July 03, 2009 - AP Touch

July 06, 2009 - AP Touch

July 15, 2009 - Biometrics Appointment

July 16, 2009 - AOS & EAD Touch

August 04, 2009 - EAD & AP approved

August 07, 2009 - AOS appt letter rec'd

August 10, 2009 - AP rec'd in mail

August 13, 2009 - EAD rec'd in mail

September 02, 2009 - AOS Interview - Approved!

6129_809760700913_1201708_46195603_1937025_n.jpg

Filed: Timeline

Hi all!

I am japanese, married with french/american dual citizenship husband. We just went to Paris to submit our I-130 petition on 13th Nov. I want to share my experience with everyone.

We arrived at the embassy around 7:30am, no line. I was too worried what if I won't be admitted into the embassy so I left it a locker room at a train station. However, at the check point, they give you a little plastic bag to keep your cell phone and any liquid items (my lip gloss, mascara, like you are boarding an airplane), I could've brought the camera (so I could have taken pictures at the nearby Louvre, St Germain and so on)!!! Oh you have to leave food and drinks outside of the checkpoint (there is a shelf).

We were the second couple for I-130 application. The window opened at 8am sharp. The first couple took about 45 minutes, but for us a mere 10 min!!!

The documents that we had to bring for the petition, Paris US embassy website didn't mention about the naturalization certificate. Since my hubby is french and later naturalized US citizen, the lady at the window asked to show her his naturalization certificate. Of course he brought US passport, but being prepared for any situation helped us. Other than that, everything went smooth. After we paid the fee, another lady at the different window was explaining to us what will happen next. She said DCF in paris is at least 4 months process. Don't expect something to happen before Christmas.

Well, I will keep everyone posted my progress.

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Avec les fêtes qui arrives, je pense intéressant de voir quelles traditions nous avons amène de France avec nous et quelles sont lesquelles auxquelles on s'adapte ici aux USA.

J'ai amené avec moi la tradition de la couronne de l'Avent avec une nouvelle bougie allumée chaque dimanche avant Noël. Mon mari ne connaissait pas.

Je m'habitue par contre aux concepts des stockings. Même après 3 noëls ici j'ai encore du mal a vraiment comprendre ce qui doit être mis dans les stockings et ce qui va sous le sapin.

J'ai fait une buche de Noel l'annee derniere. Il ne connaissait pas mais si il en avait entendu parler. Surtout que celle que j'ai fait est la recette de ma grand mere a base de marrons glaces et de chocolat.

Je ne me suis toujours pas faite au repas de la veille de Noel... moi le jambon et les haricots verts je ne trouve pas vraiment ca festif.

Par contre j'aime bien l'Egg Nog avec du rhum.

Chez moi on avait pris l'habitude d'ouvrir les cadeaux a minuit, chez lui c'est un cadeau la veille (les cadeaux de la famille etant sous le sapin), et la nuit on rajoute d'autre cadeaux (ceux du pere-noel) pour ouvrir le reste le matin.

J'adore les decorations en exterieur des maisons, meme si on ne s'y est toujours pas mis.

Par contre l'epiphanie il ne celebrait pas mais maintenant je fais une frangipane pour l'occasion.

Et vous?

08.2006: Entered with a B-2 visa.

07.06.07: Civil Wedding

07.17.2008 AOS approved with interview. It took 367 Days!

11.08.08: Big family wedding

09.18.09-10.03.09: First trip to France with Hubby

I-751

04.19.10: Package sent to Vermont

04.21.10: Delivered in Vermont

04.22.10: NOA date

04.23.10: Check cashed

05.17.10: Received biometrics appointment letter

06.07.10: Biometrics Appointment

06.26.10: Touched

07.07.10: Card Production Ordered!

07.17.10: Card in the mail :) Done until citizenship

French Thread I

French Thread II

Timeline

C'est un peu différent pour moi parce que mon mari ne fête pas Noël (enfin, il participe aux repas de famille, mais ça s'arrête là). Si ça ne tenait qu'à lui, on n'aurait pas de sapin, il n'y aurait pas de cadeaux, etc. Mais comme moi je veux fêter Noël, l'an dernier j'ai essayé de recréer tant bien que mal mes petites habitudes.

Pour le sapin, j'ai acheté des boules et des guirlandes, et pas des ornements tous différents. Mes couleurs sont coordonnées. J'avais mis les cadeaux au pied du sapin, à côté de nos chaussures. Pas de stockings, je me demande d'ailleurs ce qu'on est censés mettre dedans.

J'étais très déçue par le repas de Noël, je suis d'accord, le jambon et les haricots verts c'est pas festif du tout, mais en plus, nous on a fait le repas de famille chez son oncle qui est italien, du coup on a eu des pates bolognaises et trucs de ce genre. C'est bien loin de mes huîtres, foie gras, et compagnie ! Et puis tout est style buffet, ça me manque les vrais repas de famille où on reste tous 5 heures à table. Alors pour compenser j'avais acheté des huîtres, que j'ai mangé le weekend après Noël (ou avant, je ne sais plus)

Moi l'ouverture des cadeaux c'est tout le matin.

C'est difficile à faire, la bûche ?

08/27/08 Married

08/31/12 Biometrics done

Timeline

C'est sûr que les américains n'entendent pas les fêtes de famille comme nous, c'est la raison pour laquelle on essaiera de faire Noel le plus souvent possible en France, lol.

J'avais été très déçue par mon premier Thanksgiving là-bas, manger ma dinde sur la moquette du salon de l'oncle et la tante pas très sympa, même si la nourriture était bonne. Et puis bon, le Coca avec tout ça c'est pas trop mon truc non plus.

Pour le Noel de la même année qui était chez mes beaux-parents on a fait du forcing avec mon copain pour qu'on soit au moins tous assis à une table, ça n'a pas été simple ("mais tu te rends compte notre table n'est pas assez grande!" ils n'aveient pas pensé qu'ils pouvaient mettre 2 tables bout à bout), mais au final ça s'est fait et tout le monde a apprécié, car c'était nouveau! On a même eu du vin.

Alors j'ai bon espoir de les convertir un peu à notre art de la table français. Mon futur mari est déjà de mon côté donc ça devrait aller, lol. Et ma belle-famille n'aime tellement pas cuisiner que ça sera certainement moi qui organiserai quand nous ne serons pas en France, alors ça sera à ma manière! :dance:

Timeline

En parlant de fêtes et de nourriture, je suis en train de préparer des valises que mon fiancé va ramener aux USA quand il viendra à Paris pour Noel. Je me demandai si il y a de l'épicerie qu'il est difficile de trouver aux US et que je pourrai lui mettre dans la valise. J'ai entendu dire par exemple qu'il était difficile de trouver des cubes ail et herbes, des suggestions? J'aime beaucoup cuisiner et j'aimerai bien pouvoir avoir un peu les mêmes saveurs qu'en France. J'ai déjà prévu les herbes de provence, toutes autres suggestions seront les bienvenues :) Merci

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.