QueenOfBlades

Vaccinations required for AOS from UK to US

40 posts in this topic

Alright guys :) So now I've had my varicella outbreak, when I'm fully recovered in a few weeks time, given that VSC is down to 5 months now, I want to start preparing. I want to go to my GP and get all the vaccines required here so it's all sorted by my medical. On the USCIS/CDC website, there's two different lists.

One which includes all pneumoccocial or something and meningoccal, and another which is just the DTAP, polio, MMR, stuff like that?

Does anyone have the up to date list of the exact vaccines I'll need when adjusting to the US that I should get done now?

Thanks

AOS posted - 02/18/2014

NOA1 - 03/04/2014
Biometrics - 03/28/2014
EAD in post - 5/5/2014

EAD in hand - 5/10/2014
Interview waiver letter received - 6/9/2014

Card production notice - 1/10/2015

ROC mailed - 10/11/2016

ROC received at CSC - 10/18/2016

Interview Notice Received - 3/30/2017

I did see the pinned thread saying there's only 4, but the CDC/USCIS websites list all other ones? Which ones which I actually be required to get? The ones in the main topic, I've already got anyway.

AOS posted - 02/18/2014

NOA1 - 03/04/2014
Biometrics - 03/28/2014
EAD in post - 5/5/2014

EAD in hand - 5/10/2014

ROC mailed - 10/11/2016

I did see the pinned thread saying there's only 4, but the CDC/USCIS websites list all other ones? Which ones which I actually be required to get? The ones in the main topic, I've already got anyway.

That list is correct. There is no polio.

Diptheria/Tetanus/Pertussis. P is for Pertussis (whooping cough) Accepted shots are Tdap, Td, DTP, DT, DtaP

The Tdap or Td are adult formulations, but USCIS will accept any of those. You have to have record of one since 2003 (within last 10 years).

MMR is two doses at least 4 weeks apart. If you have a record of 2 shots, then you are done. If you only have record of one, then get another.

If you have no record, then get a shot and after 4 weeks you can get another.

Flu season is over in one week so don't get that. You get a waiver marked "not flu season". Make sure they mark that on the form. Look at the form they will give you back.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

So if I got those vaccines as a kid and not the adult formulations, I've not needed to have them since 2003 and it's all good? Mum says I've had all of those as a child anyway :)I will probably get the flu vaccine from one of the pharmacies around here for cheap nearer the time, as when I adjust status it will be flu season so I'll need it then x

AOS posted - 02/18/2014

NOA1 - 03/04/2014
Biometrics - 03/28/2014
EAD in post - 5/5/2014

EAD in hand - 5/10/2014

ROC mailed - 10/11/2016

So if I got those vaccines as a kid and not the adult formulations, I've not needed to have them since 2003 and it's all good? Mum says I've had all of those as a child anyway :)

If you have a printed record of those shots with exact dates to give to Knightsbridge, they will write them in and they count.

But if your version covering diptheria, tetanus, pertussis is dated more than 10 years ago, you need a booster. Td is the booster if you had one like when you were an infant. Tdap is the one if you have no previous record. Adult versions are weaker than baby versions. Capital and lower case letters have a meaning in the abbreviations.

D = stronger

d = weaker for adults

P = stronger

p = weaker for adults

T = tetanus dosage is same for both adults and children

All versions are accepted. My husband got DTP because his surgery didn't have Tdap. Research showed that some teens and adults getting immunized had adverse reactions to DTP, so they weakened the formula for the diptheria and pertussis parts. Any version counts as immunization, but adults don't normally get the baby version because some didn't tolerate the higher dosage.

I will probably get the flu vaccine from one of the pharmacies around here for cheap nearer the time, as when I adjust status it will be flu season so I'll need it then x

If your record filled out by Knightsbridge (form DS-3025) is complete on the day of your medical, then that is all you need. USCIS goes by the date of the medical exam. Example:

July 1 - Influenza ticked in the waiver column "not flu season".

All the other shots are accounted for (MMR, Tdap version)

Chickenpox indicated with "VH" besides varicella line

You are complete for AOS on July 1 and USCIS goes by that DS-3025 form. They don't go by the date they finally pick up your file to approve AOS, even if flu season has rolled around again. You were up to date when your DS-3025 was signed by the doctor.

If you left off one shot...say you decided to wait and get Tdap in the US, then your DS-3025 is not complete on July 1 and doesnt count. A civil surgeon in the US will have to fill out a new immunization form called I-693. You have a new date because of the new form. If that date is in flu season, then you would need a flu shot.

You really don't need to go get a flu shot. One week from now, flu season ends. If you are thinking you'll get one to cover next flu season, you would have to wait because flu shot formulations change each season. It would be hard to find a flu shot in July because that would be last season's left over supply.

England.gifENGLAND ---

10-05-08 Married

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

No RFEs

Thank you. I'm pretty sure I can get a printed record as I've been at the same GP since I was a baby and I had most vaccines available to me as a kid as my mom was a worry wart (wonder where I get it from :D). Looks like all I'll need then is a booster for the Tdap. I know for certain I've had Tdap, MMR, TB, all of those. So the Hepatitis A/B and all of that stuff on the USCIS website isn't needed for sure? What are those for?

And I'll leave the flu then, I didn't know it worked that way. Is there anything you don't know, Nick! :)

Edited by QueenOfBlades

AOS posted - 02/18/2014

NOA1 - 03/04/2014
Biometrics - 03/28/2014
EAD in post - 5/5/2014

EAD in hand - 5/10/2014

ROC mailed - 10/11/2016

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Have you checked the list on the London Embassy website - its quite useful and lists jabs and who and what age needs to have what.

http://photos.state.gov/libraries/unitedkingdom/39181/pdfs/vaccinechart.pdf

According to that list I'll need the human papimillovirus too? :S

AOS posted - 02/18/2014

NOA1 - 03/04/2014
Biometrics - 03/28/2014
EAD in post - 5/5/2014

EAD in hand - 5/10/2014

ROC mailed - 10/11/2016

So the Hepatitis A/B and all of that stuff on the USCIS website isn't needed for sure? What are those for?

I've posted this before, but this is who gets what shots. Repost--

Here's the AOS list from the manual.

Birth through 5 weeks- Hepatitis B

6 weeks through 7 weeks- Hepatitis B; Rotavirus

2 months through 5 months- DT, DTaP, or DTP; IPV or OPV (OPV not available in U.S.);Hib; Hepatitis B; Pneumococcal (PCV); Rotavirus

6 months through 7 months- DT, DTaP, or DTP; Hib; IPV or OPV (OPV not available in U.S.); Hepatitis B; Pneumococcal (PCV); Influenza (during flu season only; October 1 through March 31); Rotavirus

8 months through 11 months- DT, DTaP, or DTP; IPV or OPV (OPV not available in U.S.); Hib; Hepatitis B; Pneumococcal (PCV); Influenza (during flu season only; October 1 through March 31)

12 months through 23 months- DT, DTaP, or DTP; IPV or OPV (OPV not available in U.S.); MMR; Hib; Hepatitis B; Varicella; Pneumococcal (PCV); Influenza (during flu season only; October 1 through March 31); Hepatitis A

2 through 4 years- DT, DTaP, or DTP; IPV or OPV (OPV not available in U.S.); MMR; Hib; Hepatitis B; Varicella; Pneumococcal (PCV); Influenza (during flu season only; October 1 through March 31)

5 through 6 years- DT, DTaP, or DTP; IPV or OPV (OPV not available in U.S.); MMR; Hepatitis B; Varicella; Influenza (during flu season only; October 1 through March 31)

7 through 9 years- Td or Tdap (if DT, DTP, DTaP shown: okay to accept); IPV or OPV (OPV not available in U.S.); MMR; Hepatitis B; Varicella; Influenza (during flu season only; October 1 through March 31)

10 years- Td or Tdap (if DT, DTP, DTaP shown: okay to accept); IPV or OPV (OPV not available in U.S.); MMR; Hepatitis B; Varicella; Influenza (during flu season only; October 1 through March 31)

11 through 17 years- Td or Tdap (if DT, DTP, DTaP shown: okay to accept); IPV or OPV (OPV not available in U.S.); MMR; Hepatitis B; Varicella; Meningococcal; Influenza (during flu season only; October 1 through March 31)

18 years- Td or Tdap (if DT, DTP, DTaP shown: okay to accept); MMR; Hepatitis B; Varicella; Meningococcal; Influenza (during flu season only; October 1 through March 31)

19 through 26 years- Td or Tdap (if DT, DTP or DTaP shown: okay to accept); MMR; Varicella

27 through 49 years- Td or Tdap (if DT, DTP or DTaP shown: okay to accept); MMR; Varicella

50 through 59 years- Td or Tdap (if DT, DTP or DTaP shown: okay to accept); MMR (if born in 1957 or later); Varicella; Influenza (during flu season only; October 1 through March 31)

60 through 64 years- Td or Tdap (if DT, DTP or DTaP shown: okay to accept); Varicella; Influenza (during flu season only; October 1 through March 31)

65 and older- Td, or Tdap (if DT, DTaP or DTP shown: okay to accept); Varicella; Pneumococcal (PPV); Influenza (during flu season only; October 1 through March 31)

Note to above: In Nov 2010, flu shots changed. Everybody 6 months and older has the seasonal flu shot requirement

Have you checked the list on the London Embassy website - its quite useful and lists jabs and who and what age needs to have what.

http://photos.state.gov/libraries/unitedkingdom/39181/pdfs/vaccinechart.pdf

Also note: that link given above by McBride is actually out of date. It's a pre-2009 version. DON'T use that chart.

Changes:

• Human papillomavirus vaccine does not need to be given to females 11 through 26 years of age.
  • Zoster vaccine does not need to be given to persons 60 years of age or older.
  • Influenza is now everybody over 6 months

And I'll leave the flu then, I didn't know it worked that way. Is there anything you don't know, Nick! :)

I have studied the medical information more than anything else. There's plenty I don't know, but I have read volumes on medical.

England.gifENGLAND ---

10-05-08 Married

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

No RFEs

Nick, I think I would have gotten a lot of things wrong or be confused/stressed tenfold if it wasn't for you, thank you so much x

AOS posted - 02/18/2014

NOA1 - 03/04/2014
Biometrics - 03/28/2014
EAD in post - 5/5/2014

EAD in hand - 5/10/2014

ROC mailed - 10/11/2016

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

I've posted this before, but this is who gets what shots. Repost--

Here's the AOS list from the manual.

Birth through 5 weeks- Hepatitis B

6 weeks through 7 weeks- Hepatitis B; Rotavirus

2 months through 5 months- DT, DTaP, or DTP; IPV or OPV (OPV not available in U.S.);Hib; Hepatitis B; Pneumococcal (PCV); Rotavirus

6 months through 7 months- DT, DTaP, or DTP; Hib; IPV or OPV (OPV not available in U.S.); Hepatitis B; Pneumococcal (PCV); Influenza (during flu season only; October 1 through March 31); Rotavirus

8 months through 11 months- DT, DTaP, or DTP; IPV or OPV (OPV not available in U.S.); Hib; Hepatitis B; Pneumococcal (PCV); Influenza (during flu season only; October 1 through March 31)

12 months through 23 months- DT, DTaP, or DTP; IPV or OPV (OPV not available in U.S.); MMR; Hib; Hepatitis B; Varicella; Pneumococcal (PCV); Influenza (during flu season only; October 1 through March 31); Hepatitis A

2 through 4 years- DT, DTaP, or DTP; IPV or OPV (OPV not available in U.S.); MMR; Hib; Hepatitis B; Varicella; Pneumococcal (PCV); Influenza (during flu season only; October 1 through March 31)

5 through 6 years- DT, DTaP, or DTP; IPV or OPV (OPV not available in U.S.); MMR; Hepatitis B; Varicella; Influenza (during flu season only; October 1 through March 31)

7 through 9 years- Td or Tdap (if DT, DTP, DTaP shown: okay to accept); IPV or OPV (OPV not available in U.S.); MMR; Hepatitis B; Varicella; Influenza (during flu season only; October 1 through March 31)

10 years- Td or Tdap (if DT, DTP, DTaP shown: okay to accept); IPV or OPV (OPV not available in U.S.); MMR; Hepatitis B; Varicella; Influenza (during flu season only; October 1 through March 31)

11 through 17 years- Td or Tdap (if DT, DTP, DTaP shown: okay to accept); IPV or OPV (OPV not available in U.S.); MMR; Hepatitis B; Varicella; Meningococcal; Influenza (during flu season only; October 1 through March 31)

18 years- Td or Tdap (if DT, DTP, DTaP shown: okay to accept); MMR; Hepatitis B; Varicella; Meningococcal; Influenza (during flu season only; October 1 through March 31)

19 through 26 years- Td or Tdap (if DT, DTP or DTaP shown: okay to accept); MMR; Varicella

27 through 49 years- Td or Tdap (if DT, DTP or DTaP shown: okay to accept); MMR; Varicella

50 through 59 years- Td or Tdap (if DT, DTP or DTaP shown: okay to accept); MMR (if born in 1957 or later); Varicella; Influenza (during flu season only; October 1 through March 31)

60 through 64 years- Td or Tdap (if DT, DTP or DTaP shown: okay to accept); Varicella; Influenza (during flu season only; October 1 through March 31)

65 and older- Td, or Tdap (if DT, DTaP or DTP shown: okay to accept); Varicella; Pneumococcal (PPV); Influenza (during flu season only; October 1 through March 31)

Note to above: In Nov 2010, flu shots changed. Everybody 6 months and older has the seasonal flu shot requirement

Also note: that link given above by McBride is actually out of date. It's a pre-2009 version. DON'T use that chart.

Changes:

• Human papillomavirus vaccine does not need to be given to females 11 through 26 years of age.
  • Zoster vaccine does not need to be given to persons 60 years of age or older.
  • Influenza is now everybody over 6 months

I have studied the medical information more than anything else. There's plenty I don't know, but I have read volumes on medical.

oops sorry! frustrating that the official information we are given to prepare for the interview is outdated!!!Thanks for the info!

• 1 month later...

I'm going to my GP this Thursday and I'm going to ask her about this while I'm there. So, just to confirm what's required;

DT in any of the combinations Nich-Nick mentioned aboved, MMR (two shots) and varicella. Is that it?

AOS posted - 02/18/2014

NOA1 - 03/04/2014
Biometrics - 03/28/2014
EAD in post - 5/5/2014

EAD in hand - 5/10/2014

ROC mailed - 10/11/2016

DT in any of the combinations Nich-Nick mentioned aboved, MMR (two shots) and varicella. Is that it?

I don't think you even need the varicella if you can state you have had chickenpox. I have read many times on here that as it's a not a routine vaccination in the UK a statement of having had chickenpox will suffice at the UK medical - assuming of course you *have* had chickenpox.

I can still remember the calamine <scratch>

If anyone wishes to correct me on this please do so.....

Richard

event.png

event.png

I don't think you even need the varicella if you can state you have had chickenpox. I have read many times on here that as it's a not a routine vaccination in the UK a statement of having had chickenpox will suffice at the UK medical - assuming of course you *have* had chickenpox.

I can still remember the calamine

If anyone wishes to correct me on this please do so.....

The technical instructions for both panel physicians and civil surgeons state--

An applicant who provides a reliable written or oral history of varicella disease does not require laboratory confirmation or further vaccination.

If a reliable written or oral history of varicella disease is given, "VH" (varicella history) must be written in the "Completed Series" box for varicella."

England.gifENGLAND ---

10-05-08 Married

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

No RFEs

I know I don't need varicella. It was just to confirm that is a full list of the required vaccinations for a successful adjustment of status in the US, assuming my medical will be September-October sometime. Is it?

AOS posted - 02/18/2014

NOA1 - 03/04/2014
Biometrics - 03/28/2014
EAD in post - 5/5/2014

EAD in hand - 5/10/2014

ROC mailed - 10/11/2016

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.