yazjr

finally i got an appointment at ciudad juarez mx.

18 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hi i finally dated my appointment for ciudad juarez :D well ASC is on january 17th 2013 and consulate app. is on January 24th is this a good choice i mean i think it is because it gives my fiance time to do hes ASC and medical exam what do i need to take for medical exam? can i take copies or do they have to be original documents ? thanks to everyone :) happy new years

Timeline

Hi i finally dated my appointment for ciudad juarez :D well ASC is on january 17th 2013 and consulate app. is on January 24th is this a good choice i mean i think it is because it gives my fiance time to do hes ASC and medical exam what do i need to take for medical exam? can i take copies or do they have to be original documents ? thanks to everyone :) happy new years

That is going to be more than enough time. You're fiance will actually have time to relax or just go out and get to explore Cuidad Juarez. Most people do the ASC, medical and interview in 3 days and some will even do it in 2 (although that would be rushing it). The ASC is scheduled for fingerprints and photos, and lasts about 10-15 minutes. The medical, fiance will go early morning (around 6am) and then return the very same day to pick up the envelope that should NOT be opened. Then will go to their appointment about 30 minutes before scheduled, with all the documents and proof need.

I, myself, would take all originals possible and 2 photocopies of each document too. However, if is a document with signature, then only the original (such as for the I-134).

I'm not sure if you are aware, but something that is very helpful is............do you see the Mexican flag below your name? Click on that, then once the page loads you will notice on the right hand side where it says quick links. If you click where it says Juarez consulate info (that will tell you what to bring and where the medical clinics are located). You can also click on the quick links where it has Cuidad Juarez reviews, which is reviews/advice left by other people who have went to the interview. Good luck! And again, keep us posted!

Timeline

That is going to be more than enough time. You're fiance will actually have time to relax or just go out and get to explore Cuidad Juarez. Most people do the ASC, medical and interview in 3 days and some will even do it in 2 (although that would be rushing it). The ASC is scheduled for fingerprints and photos, and lasts about 10-15 minutes. The medical, fiance will go early morning (around 6am) and then return the very same day to pick up the envelope that should NOT be opened. Then will go to their appointment about 30 minutes before scheduled, with all the documents and proof need.

I, myself, would take all originals possible and 2 photocopies of each document too. However, if is a document with signature, then only the original (such as for the I-134).

I'm not sure if you are aware, but something that is very helpful is............do you see the Mexican flag below your name? Click on that, then once the page loads you will notice on the right hand side where it says quick links. If you click where it says Juarez consulate info (that will tell you what to bring and where the medical clinics are located). You can also click on the quick links where it has Cuidad Juarez reviews, which is reviews/advice left by other people who have went to the interview. Good luck! And again, keep us posted!

silly me lol i didnt noticed im new to all this you know . honestly i was not educated enough to know all this fiance stuff but im learning everything i can and thank you for responding :) another quick question umm well DHL you i had a location to hes house to be sent there but we changed our mind and want to pick it up in ciudad juarez so i changed it will there be any problems with that ?

Timeline

You are very welcome. We all have been or going thru the exact same thing as you are. That is what is so wonderful about this site, alot of help and useful info.

No, it shouldn't be a problem that you have changed the DHL location. However, I would verify with consulate that the change has been noted. One thing though, is there are no guarantees of when or if the visa application will be approved. There is a possibility that the case could be put into AP (additional processing), which may last days, weeks or even months. So, if you chose DHL pickup in Cuidad Juarez, a separate trip may need to be scheduled, to pick up the visa and/or passport.

Timeline

You are very welcome. We all have been or going thru the exact same thing as you are. That is what is so wonderful about this site, alot of help and useful info.

No, it shouldn't be a problem that you have changed the DHL location. However, I would verify with consulate that the change has been noted. One thing though, is there are no guarantees of when or if the visa application will be approved. There is a possibility that the case could be put into AP (additional processing), which may last days, weeks or even months. So, if you chose DHL pickup in Cuidad Juarez, a separate trip may need to be scheduled, to pick up the visa and/or passport.

Yea that very true i hope we get approved but i have so much faith in god and the virgin mary everything will go the way it should and if it dosent i would be getting aflight back to mexico and live there until we can :) and well i dont think there would be a problem if there is another trip it cant be changed if they say its longer right?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

For the medical, you just need to go really early one morning. You need the invitation/information letter from CDJ and your passport.

For the ASC appointment, you need your DS-260 confirmation, appointment confirmation, invitation letter and passport.

For the visa interview, you need all of the above plus all the forms listed in the instructions: http://photos.state.gov/libraries/ciudadjuarez/231771/PDFs/packetk1may.pdf

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Timeline

and well i dont think there would be a problem if there is another trip it cant be changed if they say its longer right?

I have just went onto the Cuidad Juarez page and this is what it says about changing to different DHL, if you were to want and change it before your appointment. I have copied and pasted below:

"You can change your DHL courier pickup location by logging into the system using the passport number, date of birth, and nationality of the applicant applying for the visa. It is very important that you use the same information used to create the account under which the appointment was booked.

Once logged in, you will be directed to an applicant summary page. Please choose Reschedule Appointment and step through the pages until you reach the Choose DHL Branch page. Make the change and click submit. Once you've done that you may log back out.

Changes to the DHL courier location pickup must be made before the cancel/reschedule deadline on your appointment confirmation page. Changes to the DHL courier location after that date and time will not result in the desired routing."..................* If you choose Cuidad Juarez DHL, generally takes 10 business days. If another DHL in Mexico is chosen, generally will take 3 weeks for delivery. *

JUST A THOUGHT: You do still have a chance to change DHL, if you want. But if you wait, it can not be changed. That's more of a personal choice on what will work best for you and your fiance.

Timeline

Yes that's how I did to change the DHL AND I NEVER GOT THE INVITATION LETTER BAD MAIL SYSTEM IN MEXICO..SO WHAT CAN I DO??

That actually happens alot, but both you and your fiance should get that letter so if it never arrives in Mexico then you can send fiance yours. But don't panic, if you can't send that. Your fiance can also go to the window there at the embassy ,when arriving in Cuidad Juarez and request that letter. It will be given there, but should also try and be there early, cause fiance will have to wait sometimes an hour or more.

Timeline

That actually happens alot, but both you and your fiance should get that letter so if it never arrives in Mexico then you can send fiance yours. But don't panic, if you can't send that. Your fiance can also go to the window there at the embassy ,when arriving in Cuidad Juarez and request that letter. It will be given there, but should also try and be there early, cause fiance will have to wait sometimes an hour or more.

oh ok thats a relief because i havent recieved either

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Does anybody know how long does it take to pick up your visa if you choose the DHL in cuidad Juarez?

Usually about 2-5 days.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Timeline

Thank you!

One more question do they call to tell you it's ready or you have to check up on the website?

Login at : https://mexico.usvisa-info.com/en-MX/selfservice/login

Once the visa has been sent(give it at least 24 hours before first checking), the waybill/tracking number will be available.

Use that number to track your visa package through DHL: http://www.dhl.com.mx/es.html

Filed: Timeline

So I have a question!

In my case I don't need no waiver whatsoever.but I've been researching usually everyone needs one.how do I know if I need one?

My appointment is coming up & I really wanna leave as soon as possible.if I get accepted I just need to wait for my visa at the DHL right?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.