Dr. A ♥ O

Taliban shoot 14 yo Pakistani anti-Taliban activist Malala Yousufzai

3 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Every time I read about or watch video of this brave young lady I get emotional and burst into tears. Violence against females and children really upsets me. I am deeply troubled by the price this young soul has paid for having a voice against what the Taliban are doing to the women and girls of Pakistan and the violent extent they are willing to take to end anything that opposes them. I admire her for her courage to take a stand against these brutal men. She was a voice of empowerment for the women of her country, for rights to education for women, and for women rights in general. To see her have a similar fate to what happened the former Pakistani female Prime Minister Benazir Bhutto causes me much grief, especially because she is not only female but so young. These men targeted her at school and shot her in the head and neck and they also hit two other innocent girls near her that day. I don't understand how Pakistan can have their women hold such high positions of authority in their government while having the complex duality of harboring terrorists like AQ leader Bin Laden and groups like the Taliban who brutalize and oppress women and take advantage of the poor and uneducated through violent use of force. Their people don't seem to live in peace through force but rather peace through fear from their Taliban enforcers. Is this country really so polarize to such extremes that there are pockets living openly like this with Pakistani women and girls being denied an education and living in fear for their lives, or is this really a majority way? It's just so heartbreaking.

After being shot in the head and neck by Taliban gunmen on Tuesday, 14-year-old Pakistani blogger Malala Yousufzai is in critical condition today and will be transferred to a better equipped hospital. "Doctors have decided to shift Malala to the Combined Military Hospital (CMH) in Rawalpindi where medical facilities are better," one doctor told the BBC, while another doctor, Mumtaz Khan, told the AFP Malala had a 70 percent chance of survival. Lt. Col. Junaid Khan, head of neurosurgery at the Peshawar hospital where Yousufzai was first treated, said she's in "critical" condition and is suffering from severe edema—swelling in the body that's due to accumulation of fluid, report CNN's Nasir Habib and Reza Sayah. "Doctors say she needs 48-hours' rest," her uncle was quoted as saying in that CNN report.

What she also needs is protecting from the Taliban, which has promised to hunt Malala down again if she survives their first attack. "Any female that, by any means, plays a role in the war against mujahideen should be killed," Taliban spokesman Ihsanullah Ihsan was quoted as saying in Reuters. On the day of the shooting, The Express Tribune reported that the Taliban said they "will target her again if she survives because she was a 'secular-minded lady.'"

More on the story here

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

For anyone that cares the updates on her are as follows. They've moved her to a military hospital in Pakistan for better medical treatment. Her condition is still critical for the next couple of days. They've removed the bullet from her head and revealed it wasn't as deep as they thought so there is hope for her recovery. The bullet in her neck went towards her spine. I'm unclear if that has already been removed. Doctors did take her off of her respirator briefly and she was able to breath on her own but they have since put her back on it because they do not want to fatigue her. She is also able to slightly move her arms and legs. The Royal family of the UAE has offered a plane ambulance to move Malala to UAE for better medical treatment. I think they should move her for her and her families safety as the threat of the Taliban stands that they will finish her if she survives.

There has been a worldwide outcry over what happened to this young little girl. People all over Pakistan have been praying for her recovery and today for the first time we have seen something that has never been seen before. The people of Pakistan have come together into the tens of thousands to protest the Taliban and what happened to Malala and to take a stand against them and say they do not represent to soul of Pakistan. Malala represents the soul of Pakistan. The PM of Pakistan Raja Pervez Ashraf also visited Malala's bedside and made a statement in English. I really wish I could give you his full statement because it answered a lot of questions I had posted earlier. Here are some of his statements from that day:

"We pledge that we will not allow the future of our children to be endangered by the militant mindset.

"We pledge that enemies of Pakistan will never be allowed to succeed. We pledge that we will uproot this menace of extremism and militancy,"

"we pledge that we will not surrender the soul of the nation to them"

He said the nation stood united in condemning the brutality and degradation of those who perpetrated this heinous crime and the poisoned mindset which sought to destroy the country.

"The extremists attacked Malala because they were scared of the power of her vision," said the prime minister.

Source

I really hope the Pakistani military and civilian leadership can work together and remember Malala's legacy in order to root out their extremists that they harbor and make their country and the countries around the world more safe.

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Radical Islam stinks.

Gooooo Malal!!!!!

"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies."

Senator Barack Obama
Senate Floor Speech on Public Debt
March 16, 2006

barack-cowboy-hat.jpg
90f.JPG