jkat

What to expect at POE with my SB1 visa?

5 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hello All,

I was looking everywhere to find information about POE experience with a SB-1 visa but found nothing so far. I understand that not too many people go through the SB-1 process but I still want to try it here just in case any one has the answer on this board. I will write down my recent experience with my SB1 visa:

IV experience:

please refer to my timeline

Background:

I obtained my 10-year GC in 2010 and stayed in the states for almost 6 months. Due to the poor performance of economy in the states during that time, neither one in the family landed any job and my husband accepted a job offer outside of the states. We left the US shortly after the offer was accepted and we've been abroad for 16 months now. My husband's contract will end soon and we definitely want to go back to the states and live permanently this time. I started my SB1 visa application.

SB1 process:

2 interviews in total. The 1st one was done in June, 2012 with form DS-117 submitted and approved. Received Packet-3 and sent all supporting documents 10 days after the 1st interview. During the 10 days I went through a new health check and ordered new notaries. I received the appointment letter via email 7 days after submission of P3 and attended the 2nd interview in August. It was a 2-day interview. On day 1 all supporting documents were handed in. On day 2 was for on-site interview with a visa officer and biometrics. The interview question was very simple. As below were the questions:

1) Have you been outside of China?

2) Are/Were you a CCP member?

3) What's your current job?

4) Did you attend any post graduate schools?

And that's it! I am now waiting for my SB1 visa in my passport.

Hope my SB1 visa experience can help somebody! Here is my question: will my green card (still valid) be taken away at POE and I will get a new one or can I keep my current GC by showing the SB1 visa in my passport?

Can anyone with SB1 experience give me any advice as what to expect at POE?

Thank you all in advance for taking the time to read my post!

Edited by jkat

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline

Hi there,

Many congratulations on getting your SB 1 visa approved and maintaining your GC.

I would be applying for SB 1 visa this month and would really appreciate if you could answer two questions:

1. What was your husband's visa status: Was he a LPR too under similar status like yours OR was he an American Citizen?

2. What reason did you provide for your extended stay outside of the USA?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,

KreeMoma

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.