lanie86

Living in Uruguay - Can We Do DCF?

2 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Uruguay
Timeline

Hi everyone, new in here. :help:

This is my case. I'm Uruguayan married with a Puerto Rican, we live here in Uruguay.

He moved here to study, He is registered in the Registry Office of the State. since October 2011

He don't have Uruguayan document, but he have certificate of inscription (it is like birth certificate)

I wonder, it is the same? He can do the DCF here?

And my second question is, all the embassies in the world have this system?

:thumbs::)

I appreciate the answer.

Thank you a lot!

Hi! Not all embassies or consulates can do DCF now. They used to, but it changed a year ago. Now, only the ones on this list can do DCF:

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.eb1d4c2a3e5b9ac89243c6a7543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=1ac900c262197210VgnVCM100000082ca60aRCRD&vgnextchannel=1ac900c262197210VgnVCM100000082ca60aRCRD

Uruguay is not one of those, unfortunately. But if he files the standard way to the Chicago Lockbox while living in Uruguay, and puts his Uruguayan address on the I-130 petition, he is very likely to experience expedited processing. A lot of people living abroad who have filed to the Chicago Lockbox have experienced this recently. His chances of faster processing may increase if he includes a cover letter specifying that he is filing while living abroad, and if he includes something that proves he is legally residing there. I have no idea about the documents you mention, but anything that shows that Uruguayan immigration has permitted him to live in the country for a period of time, something more than a tourist visa.

Long story short, we have a complicated case. We've been at this for nearly 5 years. You can read our story here. I highly recommend our attorney Laurel Scott, as well as attorneys Laura Fernandez and Lizz Cannon .

Filed I-130 via CSC in Feb 2008. Petition approved June 2008. Consular interview in Mexico, Oct 2008, visa denied, INA 212a6cii. We allege improper application of the law in this case.

2012, started over in Seoul: I-130 filed DCF on 7/2, I-130 approved 8/8, Medical at Yonsei Severance 11/20, IR1 appointment in November 2012.

CRBA filed 1-3-13 at Seoul for our daughter

4MLHm5.pngCzLqp9.png

You can find me at

Immigrate2us.net as Los G :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.