23 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi,

My daughter's interview was done and the CO asked a DNA test for me and my daughter. The CO said everything is fine but he wanted to make it sure that I'm the biological mother because my daughter's birth certificate was registered late. Another red flag, I was at a later age when I gave birth and she's my only child. He asked me the records of my pre-natal when I was pregnant with my daughter but I told the CO that I didn't have those prenatal records anymore. I am so sure that my daughter is really my daughter so DNA test is not a problem. My husband already called and paid the AABB Accredited Relationship (DNA) Testing Facilities in the US on that day after the interview. I scanned and email him the documents that I got from the USE to speed up the process. The AABB Accredited Relationship (DNA) Testing Facilities sent the kit express mail to the USE manila and they'll get it on Monday. The AABB Accredited Relationship (DNA) Testing Facilities told us that the whole process will only takes 8 days for them, but depends how fast the process of the US Embassy in Manila. I think by doing it right away saves us 2 weeks.

My questions are:

1. Are positive DNA results is good enough proof to get a visa?

2. How long will it take to get the visa after the USE got the DNA result?

3. The CO has doubt about my relationship with my daughter that's why he asked a DNA test but DNA test is not a problem. Is there anything else that I need to worry about?

I appreciate any input, Thank You.

meblue

Edited by meblue

If there were any other concerns they would have been brought up at the interview. It sounds like once they get the results confirming your biological relationship they will issue the visa. Only thing to worry about now is the waiting :)

On another note, it sounds like you were really proactive in making the DNA process go as quickly as possible! I anticipate going through something similar later this year so I was wondering if you could break down the steps for me. First you were at the interview with your daughter and they gave you a letter requesting the DNA test. You sent the letter to your husband (in the US?) who used that to get the chosen AABB facility to send the test kit to the embassy. Then...

1.When the embassy receives the kit will they contact you or do you have to call to verify when it has arrived?

2.Then the two of you will go back to the embassy or to St. Luke's to have the test administered? Will you have to schedule that appointment or will you just show up with your letter?

3.Are you from Manila? Will you be staying near the embassy for the duration of the process?

4.I know you don't know this yet but it would be great to know how long it will take to complete the process.

Thanks and good luck!!

Timeline

If there were any other concerns they would have been brought up at the interview. It sounds like once they get the results confirming your biological relationship they will issue the visa. Only thing to worry about now is the waiting :)

On another note, it sounds like you were really proactive in making the DNA process go as quickly as possible! I anticipate going through something similar later this year so I was wondering if you could break down the steps for me. First you were at the interview with your daughter and they gave you a letter requesting the DNA test. You sent the letter to your husband (in the US?) who used that to get the chosen AABB facility to send the test kit to the embassy. Then...

1.When the embassy receives the kit will they contact you or do you have to call to verify when it has arrived?

2.Then the two of you will go back to the embassy or to St. Luke's to have the test administered? Will you have to schedule that appointment or will you just show up with your letter?

3.Are you from Manila? Will you be staying near the embassy for the duration of the process?

4.I know you don't know this yet but it would be great to know how long it will take to complete the process.

Thanks and good luck!!

Hi,

When the CO asked a DNA test. They said that we will wait for the papers and instruction from the USE. They will send it to our address in the US. We did not wait for that instruction and papers from the US Embassy, my husband go to the US embassy website and there are list of AABB Accredited Relationship (DNA) Testing Facilities in the US, we choose the AABB Accredited closer to our place. My husband call them and he provided them our MNL case number, my name and my daughter's name, our birthday and he emailed them the documents requesting a DNA test that I got from the USE. The AABB Accredited said they handled many cases like this and they already know what to do. They provided us a tracking number of the DNA kit so we will know if the USE got the DNA kit.

Some of my answers are based on the information that the AABB Accredited told us.

A - They will contact me or I can call them to verify when it has arrived.

2.Then the two of you will go back to the embassy or to St. Luke's to have the test administered?

A - Yes.

Will you have to schedule that appointment or will you just show up with your letter?

A - I don't know about this yet.

A - We are from Davao City, my daughter and I are in Manila staying near the embassy and St Lukes for the duration of the process.

A- The AABB Accredited told us that it would take 8 days for the whole process for them. 3 days to send the DNA kit express mail thru DHL to the USE then another 3 days to get the DNA samples back from the USE, then 2 days for the DNA result, then they will send the DNA result through email to the USE. But it depends on how fast the USE will do the processing. Yes, I'll let you know.

Edited by meblue

Hi, <snip>

Yes, I'll let you know.[/b]

Thanks for answering my questions. You have given me invaluable information and I have a better sense of what to expect and how to shorten turn around time for the DNA kit. I hope your testing goes quickly and I look forward to hearing how everything worked out. :star:

Timeline

Thanks for answering my questions. You have given me invaluable information and I have a better sense of what to expect and how to shorten turn around time for the DNA kit. I hope your testing goes quickly and I look forward to hearing how everything worked out. :star:

You are welcome. Yes, I'll let you know.

Timeline

I want to add more. AABB Accredited told us that they send two DNA kit for me and my daughter and a doctor from St Lukes will collect our DNA samples at the US embassy in front of the US embassy personnel. Then the US embassy will send it back to the AABB Accredited Relationship (DNA) Testing Facilities in the US.

I want to add more. AABB Accredited told us that they send two DNA kit for me and my daughter and a doctor from St Lukes will collect our DNA samples at the US embassy in front of the US embassy personnel. Then the US embassy will send it back to the AABB Accredited Relationship (DNA) Testing Facilities in the US.

It's useful to know the collection will be at the embassy. I think I will be contacting the accredited facility near us to confirm their procedures also. If you don't mind my asking did you pay the accredited testing facility for each kit? How much was each kit? Will you pay another collection or processing fee at the embassy or to St. Luke's?

Thanks again!

Timeline

It's useful to know the collection will be at the embassy. I think I will be contacting the accredited facility near us to confirm their procedures also.

If you don't mind my asking did you pay the accredited testing facility for each kit? How much was each kit?

A- We paid $600 for one case (for me and my daughter).

Will you pay another collection or processing fee at the embassy or to St. Luke's?

A- I just asked St Luke's and they said we will only pay 1,500 pesos for one case (for me and my daughter). I will pay it at St Luke's.

St Luke's told me that they only conduct DNA tests every Wednesday at the US Embassy. The US Embassy email the cases to St Luke's for DNA test every Thursday then if your case is included in the email you have to wait for another 2 weeks to go to the US embassy for the collection of DNA sample.

So if I understand correctly, the US embassy will receive your testing kit from the US AABB facility. They will then email St. Luke's on a Thursday of all the cases that are ready. In approximately 2 weeks time you will then be called back to the embassy on a Wednesday for DNA collection. Is that right?

Do you know when you will go to the embassy for your collection or have you already been? How long are you estimating between interview and being called back for testing at the embassy?

btw - I'm taking notes on your posts meblue. Thank you again.

Timeline

So if I understand correctly, the US embassy will receive your testing kit from the US AABB facility. They will then email St. Luke's on a Thursday of all the cases that are ready. In approximately 2 weeks time you will then be called back to the embassy on a Wednesday for DNA collection. Is that right?

A- Yes

Do you know when you will go to the embassy for your collection or have you already been? How long are you estimating between interview and being called back for testing at the embassy?

A- St Luke's told me that our case is not in St Luke's system yet. When St Luke's recieved our case, they will contact us by phone to let us know our schedule to go back to the embassy on a Wednesday for DNA collection.

btw - I'm taking notes on your posts meblue. Thank you again.

A - You are Welcome.

• 4 weeks later...

Thank you for sharing you experience in this topic. Thanks also for the timeline information regarding the DNA test.

Did you receive your results? Do you know if you will need a second interview date once the results are received? Finally please do update us when you are approved.

Timeline

Thank you for sharing you experience in this topic. Thanks also for the timeline information regarding the DNA test.

Did you receive your results? Do you know if you will need a second interview date once the results are received? Finally please do update us when you are approved.

When my daughter and I had our DNA sample taken at the US Embassy in Manila. The DNA sample was taken at the 2nd floor, then we went to the ground floor and we submitted my daughter's passport at window 38. I asked the Filipino guy who accepted my daughter's passport if we need to come back for another interview and how long it would take for the approval of the visa. He replied, "no more interview and after they got the DNA result if it's positive we will get the visa in 2 to 3 weeks."

My husband called the US Embassy Manila last Monday 7/9/2012, they told him that if we won't get the visa this Friday he need to call the US Embassy to follow up the visa.

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

When my daughter and I had our DNA sample taken at the US Embassy in Manila. The DNA sample was taken at the 2nd floor, then we went to the ground floor and we submitted my daughter's passport at window 38. I asked the Filipino guy who accepted my daughter's passport if we need to come back for another interview and how long it would take for the approval of the visa. He replied, "no more interview and after they got the DNA result if it's positive we will get the visa in 2 to 3 weeks."

My husband called the US Embassy Manila last Monday 7/9/2012, they told him that if we won't get the visa this Friday he need to call the US Embassy to follow up the visa.

My husband called the US Embassy Manila today. The visa got approved yesterday, Wednesday July 25, 2012. We are so happy...

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi meblue... :wow: CONGRATULATIONS! Good to know someone here in PI has the same case in DNA testing

I just called USEM this morning to follow up our visa if it is approved after 4 weeks of waiting after the interview (anyway they gave us 221g during the interview they were not convinced with the additional docs I submitted to them thru 2go). So, My son and I requested for a DNA test too. We want the whole process faster. USEM will send the instructions today to our petitioner (my hubby). I think it will take sometime before he will receive it and start the whole process if he waits for the mail. :help: If he can able to choose and contact the AABB Facility now, are there any documents my hubby have to present along with the payment?

Thanks for ur time in advance :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.