nutchaya

AOS application and Medication form and name change

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi there,

I'm now filing for an AOS and I have noticed that they required medication form. Where do I find this form? As I understand they don't required a medication form since I have enterred with K-1 visa, is that right? Please correct me if I'm wrong. and another question.

Can I use my husband's name to apply for an AOS or has it got to be the name I used when I filed for K-1? I don't want to change the name again later.

thank you for any helps,

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Romania
Timeline

When you had your medical they should have given you a copy of your vaccination sheet - i think it's form DS 3025. That's what you should send with your AOS application. However, if you didn't have all your shots at the time, you will have to see a designated civil surgeon here in the States who will fill out an I-693.

You fill out your forms in your married name. Good luck!

0041ss.jpg

event.png

K1 Visa
Nov 16, 2010 - I 129f sent
May 25, 2010 - NOA 2
June 6, 2011 - NVC received our petition
June 7, 2011 - case number assigned, petition sent to US consulate in Bucharest
June 27, 2011 - interview - approved
June 30, 2011 - POE Boston
August 14, 2011 - married

AOS journey
September 30, 2011 - filled for AOS and EAD
October 4, 2011 - NOA1
October 26, 2011 - Biometrics
October 26, 2011 - Case moved to CSC
November 23, 2011 -Email from USCIS - card production
November 28, 2011 - Email from USCIS - I485 approved!!!
November 29, 2011 - Welcome letter in the mail
December 5, 2011 - Green card in the mail - date issued 11/16/2011

Lifting Conditions

September 17, 2013 - Sent application

September 20, 2013 - NOA1

October 11, 2013 - Case moved to CSC

October 18, 2013 - Biometrics

January 3, 2014 - Approved

Hi there,

I'm now filing for an AOS and I have noticed that they required medication form. Where do I find this form? As I understand they don't required a medication form since I have enterred with K-1 visa, is that right? Please correct me if I'm wrong. and another question.

Can I use my husband's name to apply for an AOS or has it got to be the name I used when I filed for K-1? I don't want to change the name again later.

thank you for any helps,

Think of AOS as starting over with new people looking at your stuff. Use the name you have as a married woman. If it's your husband's name, then do all forms in that name. If the form has a place asking "former names" or "other names used" then put your full maiden name there.

Medical Form--

Look at your DS-3025. If it has the ALL of the following items, you don't need an I-693 (Adults 19-49 yrs old).

1. Shots marked with a date (at least one of a series)

•MMR

•Td or Tdap or DT or DTP or DtaP (One no longer than 10 years ago, ie.have a booster)

•Varicella or VH written by it if you had chickenpox

•Influenza **see note below because you are most likely okay without it.

2. Everything else marked not age appropriate

3. RESULTS section filled in with "incomplete" and "may be eligible for blanket waiver" ticked.

4. Signed and dated by the doctor

If it's not completed like that then see a civil surgeon for the I-693. If it is complete, send a photocopy of your DS-3025.

The USCIS is supposed to have your K1 medical files, but sometimes lose them or fail to match them up with your AOS. Do not get another exam unless you get an RFE that says they do not have results of your medical. It means they lost them, but you are probably stuck with paying for a new exam. Those kinds of RFE's are not about the immunizations or the form I-693; they are because USCIS failed to match up your other medical exam results with your AOS application.

**Note on flu shot: Flu shots are required for adults of all ages (changed Nov 2010) if your UK exam was between (Oct 1 and March 31). But if the AOS adjudicator picks up your case when it is not flu season, you will be excused. And the reverse is true. The adjudicator picks up your case during flu season, but sees it was NOT flu season when you had your medical exam, you are also excused because the date they go by is the date of your exam to determine if you were current on that date. Keep in mind that if you go to a civil surgeon for an I-693, then you are resetting the medical exam date for immunizations and you may have to get second doses of shots or a flu shot to become current on your new immunization date of record.

Edited by Nich-Nick

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Timeline

@gandacel- thank you for the advice I just found my DS-3025 and got everything thank you :)

@Nich-Nick- After married do I need to go to the court house and to get name change? or I can just use a married cert as a name change? I have been told I have to use the name of what I have filed for K-1 (I used my previous name of married, not a smart idea I know) They said the name of my application have to match to the name of my british passport, is that right?

Do you think it will effect my AOS if i just go ahead and use my new married name for AOS? My opinion I don't think so, cuz I'm official married. But I want to know for sure. Thank you again Nich-Nick and gandacel for wasting your time to help me :)

@Nich-Nick- After married do I need to go to the court house and to get name change? or I can just use a married cert as a name change?

Marriage certificate is a legal way to change a name. No need to go to court to do it.

I have been told I have to use the name of what I have filed for K-1 (I used my previous name of married, not a smart idea I know) They said the name of my application have to match to the name of my british passport, is that right?

I don't agree. Your greencard should be in the name you want to go by in the US forever forward. When you get a bank account, you want that same name on your checks. You will get credit cards in that name and a driver's license. Silly to get a greencard in a name you no longer use. If you want to change it later, it costs $350 or more to change the greencard. If you are going to travel to the UK and need to use your passport, then carry a photocopy of your marriage certificate to show a difference in names. Some people say reserve the ticket in the name on the passport. The guy checking the line at Heathrow told me if the ticket and passport don't match, then a marriage certificate is needed. When your passport is about to expire, change the passport name. You can use it as it is until it expires.

It doesn't matter if you use your previous married name on the K1. I used my former married name during the K1 because that was my name. I didn't go back to my maiden name. I did't even change to my British husband's name after we married, so for AOS and everything beyond, I still use my former husbands name. USCIS has never cared. (I did that because I've got a lifetime of stuff in my former married name and it was just too much bother to pick up a new name this late in my life and change everything.) Be sure and list your maiden name AND former married name anywhere they ask for other names used.

Do you think it will effect my AOS if i just go ahead and use my new married name for AOS? My opinion I don't think so, cuz I'm official married. But I want to know for sure. Thank you again Nich-Nick and gandacel for wasting your time to help me :)

No it won't affect AOS. Everybody does it that way. Anybody who doesn't then finds out it will cost a lot of money to change the greencard wishes they had used their married name to begin with. The AOS people know K1's got married recently and have new names. And they aren't really going to be looking at your K1 files much anyway. You are a new person to them so be Mrs. [Husband's Last Name] if that's what you want to go by now.

Edited by Nich-Nick

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Timeline

@Nich-Nick

Thank you very much for your help once again. I knew that I can use my new name on my AOS but I have a second thought when I have been told by someone.

Thank you very much appreciate it :)

Have a wonderful day :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.